Need shagging instructions

Old January 22nd 05, 01:48 AM

i'm from illinois and we call it chenille...

Old January 22nd 05, 04:39 AM
DrQuilter

my second name is Guillermina (I guess it translates to Guillermina, the
feminine version of Guillermo (william). Both are family names...

Violet "F'loonslayer" Volfie wrote:

"Kim E" wrote in message
ups.com...

My 5th grade teacher was named Walterina. Her dad was Walter.

33 years later, I still have not forgotten the name Walterina.
Probably never will.

Kim

My insurance agent has a woman working for him named Williamina.

Giselle - some folks are just plain nutz when they name their kids

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out before replying)

Old January 22nd 05, 02:14 PM
Roberta Zollner

REad Colleen McCullough's excellent series on ancient Rome and the 1st
emperor, Gaius Julius Caesar. She explains that Julius is the family name.
All males in the family would thus be called Julius, all females Julia, and
they customarily added nicknames or descriptive names so people could tell
them apart. (IIRC "caesar" means dictator or autocrat.)
Roberta in D

"Julia in MN" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news
My name is the feminine version of Julius, which was my grandfather's
name.

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old January 22nd 05, 02:34 PM
\Pussywillow\ Volfie

"Roberta Zollner" wrote in message
REad Colleen McCullough's excellent series on ancient Rome and the 1st
emperor, Gaius Julius Caesar. She explains that Julius is the family name.
All males in the family would thus be called Julius, all females Julia,

and
they customarily added nicknames or descriptive names so people could tell
them apart. (IIRC "caesar" means dictator or autocrat.)
Roberta in D

Now that you mention it... my grandfather and his siblings were all named
John if they were male and Mary if they were female. Their middle name is
what they went by which is a good thing, too, because there were 11 of them.

Giselle (in a one room cabin, too. Think about THAT one for a while.

Old January 23rd 05, 03:48 PM
Listpig

Absolutely.

Kommst du mit has an understood (mir/uns) at the end, as does "you wanna
come with (me/us)?

The other Germanic Chicagoese is by: Not "I'm going to Debbie's house" but
"I'm going by Debbie." Always seemed obvious to me it was a derivative of
bei, which doesn't mean by.

--pig

On 1/21/05 14:53, in article 8ZdId.36428$Tf5.27600@lakeread03, "Pat in
Virginia" wrote:

It probably has roots in Deutsch: "Kommst du mit"
& "Kommen Sie mit." (My spelling and grammar is
rusty.) In either German or English it is quite
easy to grasp the meaning. I like short and sweet
but tend to ramble on myself!! LOL

Old January 23rd 05, 03:53 PM
Listpig

By the way, I don't think I-80 is the correct dividing line on this
one.....maybe route 30....or maybe the southern edge of Will County. g

--pig, who grew up with these, and a hair south of I-80.....