Roll Call!

Old January 8th 05, 04:08 AM
pami

Imagine George Forman naming all his sons George?
Pami

Old January 8th 05, 04:12 AM
clancy

She'll probably call her next one *Banana* or *Orange* ... I'm a lover of
different names ... but *Apple* - that's hurtful. (is that a word?)

Sharon (N.B.)

"Sharon Harper" wrote in message
u...
Makes you cringe doesn't it? Can you imagine what Gwyneth's daughter is
going to feel like growing up. Apple? Oh lord might as well have called
her "Kickmenow"!

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia
Queen of Down Under

"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
THere were some sisters (maybe twins) in Oklahoma,
daughters of UofOK fans, named Sooner and Boomer.
I had a neighbor with two girls with 'coordinating'
names. One was Misty Dawn and the other name escapes my
memory. Heather something? Something Rae? This was in
early 70's. Interesting!
PAT in VA/USA

A&T wrote:

I went to college with a set of twins named.....

Candy and Sugar Kane

I thought even then that their parents ought to be shot!!

Tricia

"nana2b" wrote in message

There is a guy on local radio whose name is Benjamin Dover. What were

his
folks thinking? Linda

Old January 8th 05, 05:29 AM
DrQuilter

great, that is what DH is looking for, a sushi knife. I'll direct him to
the website. maybe they can figure something out! thanks!

Marigold wrote:

Hi, DH started off with hunting/camping knives and has moved into kitchen
knives. He prefers to do 1 of a kind custom knives but has found high end
steak knives to be particularly lucrative :-) Pictures can be seen at
www.rangeroriginal.com

Marilyn

"DrQuilter" wrote in message

Hi Marigold.. DH wants to know what kind of knife your DH makes....

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out before replying)
Old January 8th 05, 08:58 AM
Patti

Absolute piffle!!
As you say, Cherry; but ... banana ... nectarine ... orange... grape -
I think not gg
..
In article kGHDd.7518$Tf5.2118@lakeread03, Pat in Virginia
writes
The actress Blythe Danner, Gwyneth's mother, stated in an interview I
believe it is more common to name children after fruit in the United
Kingdom. (More or less what she said.) I've met a few American women
named Cherry, but no other fruit names.
How about it, oh British friends? Are you using lots of fruit names
over there? How about nuts?
PAT in VA/USa

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old January 8th 05, 10:10 AM
handmaiden

Went to school with a sweet red-headed girl named... Cherri Redd. Then
there was the family with the kidlets named.... Stormi, Raini, Wendi,
Sunni, Hailie, Spring and Autumn that I babysat for. I was sure their
parents were cracked.
~handmaiden

Old January 8th 05, 10:16 AM
handmaiden

*waving from her part of the icky IE - San Berdo*
Hiya neighbor! We gotta meet one of these days.
~handmaiden

taria wrote:
Great idea Wendy
Taria here in So. Cal. I live in the yucky Inland Empire right now most
of the time but still have a house in the high desert that I really
think of as where I belong. I'm married 25 years come August to a
wonderful DH. We have 2 kids DS almost 22 that lives in San Diego now
and is going to school and works in law enforcement.
DD is 20 and lives with us and goes to school. They are both wonderful
and I am pretty proud of them. I have 3 QI's now. 2 kitties, Lily and
Maki whom I really enjoy even though I am a reformed cat hater.
An 8 mo Golden Retriever Georgia is my new buddy. Excepting that she
chases the kitties she is really a joy. She is getting big but still a
baby at heart.
I quilt a lot. HAve sewn since I was a little kid. Dad says I was born
already knowing how! 4H and Mrs. Flatten were a great help with
clothing construction and I took my first
quilting class in '75. I really like old quilts and old machines. I
enjoy the history of the quilters before me. If you need an old Singer
machine part holler. I have boxes full of the stuff when I can get to
it. I have an old web page that dh is threatening to update.
http://home1.gte.net/res6mc9p/taria/index.htm
Thanks for the great thread Wendy!
Taria in drizzly So. Cal.

frood wrote:

As newbies come and introduce themselves, we all say "hi" back to
them. But, while we learn a bit about them, they don't get to know us
very easily. (ok, except for a few gabby folks.... ;-P ) So, as a
start to a new year, I thought it would be fun to tell a bit about
ourselves, and get to know each other. I'm sure the newbies aren't the
only one trying to keep the players straight without a score card!

Ok, here goes! I'm Wendy, posting as "frood". I live in Central NC,
USA. I'm married to a fabulous man, and we have 5 kids, ranging from
13 to 4 yo twins, known online as Spike and Giles. I've been quilting
for about 7 or 8 years, mostly machine piecing and machine quilting. I
love bright colors, and I collect vintage textiles.

Old January 8th 05, 10:27 AM
Sarah Dixon

A4 is standard typing paper size (so approx 30 cm long by 21 cm wide, or
12" x 81/2") and A3 is twice that at 42cm long by 30cm wide.

I hope your Durham has got better weather than we have! We had a severe
weather warning out last night, gales and pouring rain still going. I'm
going to get soaked but we've got to go out as DS is going to a friends
birthday party and I haven't got a present yet. Any idea what 2 yr old
girls like?

Sarah
Old January 8th 05, 10:52 AM
handmaiden

Ok, finally coming back to life again and adding my 2 cents worth...
I'm Cindie, posting as handmaiden. I'm from Texas, hoping to move to WY
or NE, but currently, I live in So. California (Inland Empire area - the
armpit of LA) with my DH of almost 4 years, my 13 yo DS, and my 2 feline
QI's. I've been sewing since I was 12 on a machine, and took up quilting
in 1992 I think... Kinda hard to place since I started doing it to help
out a friend whose mom got us both hooked finishing off her tops. I
crochet, cross-stitch, knit (poorly, slowly, and rarely), paint for fun
(badly), and enjoy making Ren-Faire costumes for my friends. I've done
clothing from scratch as well as alterations and occasionally make
stuffed animals. I am currently working on 6 quilts which are in various
stages of completion, although I hope to have at least 4 done by the end
of the month... depending on school demands. oh! I am going through the
University of Phoenix online program for an accounting degree (finally)
and work part-time in a boring, boring, boring job.
I prefer dark chocolate nibbled with fresh strawberries or a nice box of
truffles. Mmmmm. (I will settle happily for one of those dark chocolate
oranges though.)
~handmaiden
Old January 8th 05, 12:23 PM
Shirley Shone

I live near Chesterfield and it is very rough here. I wonder how both my
sons fared last night on their ships in the North sea. Force 12 gales
forecasted for them. They are Chief Electrical Officers on cargo ferries
and they work on sister ships and they literally pass in the night about
2 to 3am in the morning as they ply between UK and Holland.
Shirley

In message , Sarah
Dixon writes

Old January 8th 05, 02:51 PM
frood

My mother went to school with the 7 daughters of an avid gardener, all named
after flowers. Pansy, Violet, Rose, Petunia, I can't remember the rest, but
it got a bit odd near the end. No fruits, tho.

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Sharon Harper wrote:

Makes you cringe doesn't it? Can you imagine what Gwyneth's daughter is
going to feel like growing up. Apple? Oh lord might as well have called
her "Kickmenow"!

HOUSTON IQF, was Houston Quilt Show Roll Call Kellie J. Berger Quilting 50 October 27th 04 01:40 AM
Houston Quilt Show Roll Call nana2b Quilting 41 October 20th 04 03:21 AM
OT -- CA ROLL CALL BeckiBead Beads 51 November 12th 03 02:49 AM
ROLL CALL: Fall One-to-One Plaid Fat Quarter Swap Melissa in NJ Quilting 25 November 4th 03 05:02 PM
Fort Washington Show roll call AliceW Quilting 8 September 19th 03 11:55 PM