Roll Call!

Old January 4th 05, 01:42 AM
frood

Default Roll Call!

As newbies come and introduce themselves, we all say "hi" back to them. But,
while we learn a bit about them, they don't get to know us very easily. (ok,
except for a few gabby folks.... ;-P ) So, as a start to a new year, I
thought it would be fun to tell a bit about ourselves, and get to know each
other. I'm sure the newbies aren't the only one trying to keep the players
straight without a score card!

Ok, here goes! I'm Wendy, posting as "frood". I live in Central NC, USA. I'm
married to a fabulous man, and we have 5 kids, ranging from 13 to 4 yo
twins, known online as Spike and Giles. I've been quilting for about 7 or 8
years, mostly machine piecing and machine quilting. I love bright colors,
and I collect vintage textiles.

--
Wendy
De-Fang email address to reply

Old January 4th 05, 01:50 AM
Diana Curtis

Ok... Ill do it too.... Im Diana, I post as Diana, live in Wisconsin with a
lovely husband, a DD, and I have a grown son, his SO and their son, my
Grandson... and Ive been trying to learn how to make quilts for the past..
umm.. lets see... I'm 47 and been at this since I was 15.. you may do the
math. I have been sewing for longer tho...
Turns out I like to collect sewing machines and play with beads too. You
may see me over in rec.crafts.beads too. ... and alt.sewing ..and
rec.crafts.polyclay ... I have a bunch of photos in a yahoo site.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lunamom44/my_photos Youre welcome to go peek
in there. Im a goddess in my own mind and relatively happy.
Thats about it. Me in a nutshell... some would say thats fitting. :-)
Welcome newbies!
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too
news

Old January 4th 05, 01:50 AM
maryd

I'm Mary posting as maryd. I live in western Oregon and married to DH for
nearly 36 years. We have 4 children (all married) and 5 grandchildren. I
tried a little quilting back in the early 70s but changed to clothing
construction. A year ago I started quilting again and love piecing.

--
Mary
news

Old January 4th 05, 01:51 AM
Jalynne

I'm Jalynne, posting as....well, Jalynne. I live in Tacoma, Washington, USA. My DH
is in the Navy, and we have one DD, age 7....Aleesha. We homeschool, and quilting is
a wonderful way to teach math and science, as well as art and a whole slew of other
things. I've been quilting for about 6 or 7 years now, and mostly enjoy hand
quilting. The last few years have been difficult for getting much accomplished
because of medical problems, but now I'm back cramming the days full of creative
endeavors. I like blues and muted colors, and am more into traditional type
patterns. I also enjoy setting unusual/different sized blocks together.
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

news

Old January 4th 05, 01:52 AM
Sharon Harper

G'day Folks!

I'm Sharon, posting as.... well look down and you'll see!

I'm from a little place called Dingley Village in Victoria in Australia. I
have a wonderful (travelling) husband called Wayne and we have 2 kids
(daughters), a mortgage and a cute QI called Merlot. He's a cat (Australian
Multi-Cultural Long Hair) and he lets us live here.

I'm just going back to work (3 days per week). I tend to machine piece,
hand applique, and hand quilt. I've been going for, what is it?, 4 years
now? It's so hard to remember! I love all fabric - well except brown and
"yeuchy" colours and I just love purple and blue!

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia
Queen of Down Under

news

Old January 4th 05, 02:08 AM
muse9

What a nice way to start the new year Wendy! I'm Bonnie, posting as muse9,
and I've been making quilts less than a year but sewing since I was a child.
I guess that qualifies me as a somewhat newbie both to RCTG and to quilting.
I live in Missouri, just east of Kansas City with my DH, Tom and two QI
kitties - Willow and Echo. We have two grown sons, the oldest one is
married with a two year old son and eight year old daughter. They live
about a half hour away so the grandkids get to spend weekends with us
occasionally. Our younger son is at the University of Illinois working on
his doctorate in music. I work full time as a front desk person in a
medical office so my job unfortunately cuts into my quilting time but I am
learning to work around that!

I don't post a lot but I read as much as I can here and have learned sooo
much from everyone here!

Bonnie in Missouri

http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnied9

delete "removespam" to reply

news

Old January 4th 05, 02:08 AM
Julia in MN

I'm a Minnesota native who has been sewing for nearly 50 years and
quilting off and on for over 30 years. I really got serious about it
about 10 years ago and I haven't looked at another needlework or craft
project since. Most of my quilts are machine pieced and machine quilted.
I enjoy hand-quilting, but trigger finger in my right thumb keeps me
from doing a lot of it. I have also done some applique, both by hand and
machine. I always have at least 2 or 3 projects going. I have been at
handquilting a queen size jewel box quilt for about a year; I'm almost
done -- down to just the border on one side left; I can't work on it for
more than an hour or so at a time because of the trigger finger, so it
takes me a long time to get something done. I also am handquilting a
crib quilt made from blocks my mother embroidered; that is my portable
take-along project, so it doesn't go too fast. Someday, if my daughter
has a child, it will go to that baby. The major project right now is
machine quilting a queen size Trip Around the World; I'm enjoying using
variegated thread to do a lot of free-hand feathers. I should have that
done in a couple of days, so it will be on to something else.

I am a retired software engineer. I have been married 37+ years to a
school counselor, now retired. We have a son and a daughter, both
married. Our son and daughter-in-law have blessed us with a 4 year old
grandson and a 2 year old granddaughter, both really adorable kids whom
we don't see enough of

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old January 4th 05, 02:10 AM
frood

QIs! I forgot the QIs! I have a wonderful big shaggy dog named Mungo. He
rarely leaves my side, and will seek out any quilts left on the floor for
sleeping on. He's not much help with the design process, but he's a good
listener.

My main QIs (Quilt Inspectors) are my twin girls. They love to play with
blocks on my design wall, and freely offer their opinions. Unfortunately,
they have little concept of the actual quilt-making process. The day after
helping me select fabric, they want to know where the finished quilt is!

My quilting pages are in my siggy, below. My site is in dire need of
updating, but there are still some quilts to look at.

See? Isn't this fun?

Old January 4th 05, 02:27 AM
Lisa Ellis

I'll play too!

I'm Lisa, posting as lisae. I live in Santa Cruz, CA. I'm 52,
married, with a 24 year old son and a cat.

I've been quilting for about 30 years. I machine piece and mostly hand
quilt, although I have been teaching myself how to machine quilt. I
work with bright colots or with vintage textiles. Current projects
include a baby quilt for a baby due this month (almost done), a double
four patch top (an outgrowth of the baby quilt, as I used they use a lot
of the same material), and a 40's basket quilt that I am (slowly) hand
quilting.

I work full time and spend a lot of time climbing and hiking, so that
cuts into my quilting time.

Cheers!

lisae

Old January 4th 05, 02:28 AM
Louise

Thanks for suggesting this Wendy!

I'm Louise and live in eastern Iowa. As of this Thursday, DH and I will have
been married 26 years -- no kids, but three stepkids and three
stepgrandchildren. QI is a little black dog named Tipper. I've been quilting
for about 25 years and seldom have less than three projects going at the
same time. I generally machine piece, hand applique, and hand quilt.
Although I love fabric in general, purple is my favorite. And if I'm going
to eat chocolate (which I'm not supposed to have!), I like the dark stuff!

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

"frood" wrote in message
news
As newbies come and introduce themselves, we all say "hi" back to them.
But, while we learn a bit about them, they don't get to know us very
easily. (ok, except for a few gabby folks.... ;-P ) So, as a start to a
new year, I thought it would be fun to tell a bit about ourselves, and get
to know each other. I'm sure the newbies aren't the only one trying to
keep the players straight without a score card!

Ok, here goes! I'm Wendy, posting as "frood". I live in Central NC, USA.
I'm married to a fabulous man, and we have 5 kids, ranging from 13 to 4 yo
twins, known online as Spike and Giles. I've been quilting for about 7 or
8 years, mostly machine piecing and machine quilting. I love bright
colors, and I collect vintage textiles.

--
Wendy
De-Fang email address to reply

HOUSTON IQF, was Houston Quilt Show Roll Call Kellie J. Berger Quilting 50 October 27th 04 01:40 AM
Houston Quilt Show Roll Call nana2b Quilting 41 October 20th 04 03:21 AM
OT -- CA ROLL CALL BeckiBead Beads 51 November 12th 03 02:49 AM
ROLL CALL: Fall One-to-One Plaid Fat Quarter Swap Melissa in NJ Quilting 25 November 4th 03 05:02 PM
Fort Washington Show roll call AliceW Quilting 8 September 19th 03 11:55 PM