HOUSTON IQF, was Houston Quilt Show Roll Call

Old October 19th 04, 03:47 AM
Kellie J. Berger

Default HOUSTON IQF, was Houston Quilt Show Roll Call

calling all of you who decided last minute you might come this year!!!!

(Yes I posted basically this same msg a month or so ago, so you can stop
reading now if you read it earlier!!!)

Several years ago a bunch of us went to the show and kept missing each
other. KCK and I decided we needed to do something to make certain no one
would be left out again if they didn't want to be. Jackie and John (from
RCTQ) graciously offered us a listserve to get everyone organized. We had
about 3 dozen of us meet up that time!!! The listserve was wonderful! But
we wanted a way to archive things like transportation hints and
restaurant/hotel reviews. So...

KCK and I have set up a yahoo group this year for those of us going to the
show (and those of us who aren't but might next year and/or made it last
year) to discuss what we're gonna do there, how/where/when we are all going
to meet up at the show and get some little side trips set up (museum,
dinners, etc)

if any of you would like to join us, go here
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HoustonIQF/ and send us a request to join
that includes a note of who you are. We are keeping this to a restricted
membership, it isn't listed in the yahoo directory either in an effort to
keep some of the info secure. Gotta minimize the stash raids ya know!!!!

If you don't know what show we are talking about, you can check it out here
http://www.quilts.com/ there should be a link to a whole website full of the
classes, how to get there,
costs, dates, etc.

-- kellie
bergerk at sbcglobal dot net
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ber....net/my_photos

Old October 19th 04, 04:53 AM
Pauline O'Connell

Can anyone tell me what to expect from the weather? The forcast thru the
end of this month is for temperatures in the 80's & partly cloudy. Does
that mean I can bring summer clothes? Or rainy weather clothes?

Pauline
m...

Old October 19th 04, 01:57 PM
A&T

I live just outside of Houston and I am still in shorts and tank tops and
T-shirts daily. So, I'd say yes, summer clothes.

You definitely don't want long sleeve sweaters or sweatshirt.

You might want a light jacket for evening, if you tend to get cold. (or for
restaurants who keep the temperature way to low.) And rain can come at any
time. But, most of the time, even in the rain, it is still warm.

HTH,
Tricia
http://photos.yahoo.com/momiixii

Old October 19th 04, 03:43 PM
Kellie J. Berger

heh heh heh... bring all your clothes.... you never can tell that time of
year here.

we are expecting a heat index of up to 102 F today, yet last week we had a
night that went down to 43 F

I would say plan for 80/60 and bring a light jacket or sweater and an
umbrella just in case...

but if i say that i will most likely be wrong. grin

Old October 19th 04, 09:57 PM
Pat in Virginia

Hi Kellie!
Could you please give us an update a few days before the
show starts? Yes, I will check on line and on Weather
channel, but a real woman's opinion about what to pack is so
much more practical! Thanks.

To keep this on topic, I want to advise newcomers to the
Show to watch the visitors as well as the quilts. Some of
the visitors wear absolutely gorgeous wearable art jackets
and such.
PAT

Old October 20th 04, 01:32 AM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

Kellie, have you done a count from the list to see how many of us will be
there?

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

[...]

---

Old October 20th 04, 02:15 AM
Teresa in Colorado

Hey, guys - we need the weather to be just a bit on the cool side.
Two of the pants I need to bring (because I only have 4 pairs) are corduroy.
--
Teresa in Colorado

http://home.comcast.net/~treesaquilts
The Presser Foot
www.thepresserfoot.com
-

Old October 20th 04, 02:49 AM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

Should we squeeze our eyes shut and wish real hard? Even if it is cool
outside, it's always hot inside! All those people in a buying frenzy!

Old October 20th 04, 03:14 AM
Kellie J. Berger

So far....

We have 34 on the Yahoo Groups list and i know at least 2 of them are not
able to come but are waiting for our reports...

so about the same as the last 2 yrs!!! oh... and the "food court" to meet
up on Sat will be DOWNSTAIRS this year in Hall A....

I should be getting the banner!!!!