SWAP REMINDER: Batiks and Polka Dots Swap!!!

Old October 15th 04, 01:11 AM
Melissa in NJ

Default SWAP REMINDER: Batiks and Polka Dots Swap!!!

Batiks and Polka Dots Swap!!!
=============================
It's officially time for the Fall One-to-One Fat Quarter Swap. This
means that you send to exactly one person and exactly one person sends to
you!!! That's it. So easy! This is a great swap for people who have
never swapped before and want to try. If you don't know how my swaps
work or if you want more info email me with your questions.

I'll do my very best as always to keep people mailing as close to
locally as I can to keep postal costs down (unless you specifically state
otherwise, because some people like to trade internationally). This all
depends
on who signs up and from where. This means if you live in Canada, I'll have
you swap with someone in Canada if I can. As in past swaps I'll let you
know who your person is and their contact info and who has you and their
contact info. That way you can email each other with any fabric specifics
you
might be interested in (pattern size, pattern type, etc.). Open lines of
communication have worked well the last several times, and if anyone
is running late with mailing...you can ask them yourselves where it is!
Now, even though we are all responsible adults, sometimes things happen.
If
you swap, but *never* receive anything in return and tried contacting your
swap buddy (and I tried too), I as the host will send you the appropriate
amount of fabric so you don't lose out. So everyone wins! JUST MAKE SURE you
follow through if you sign up!!!! Someone in each swap always ends up
stiffing their partner and I as the host have to pick up the slack. I stand
by
my guarantee that everyone gets fabric...but it is a bit tiring to "clean
up" after someone else. We're all responsible adults so PLEASE mail if you
sign up! Thank you!!!!

Now as for signing up, this is going to be a standard sign-up period.
I will collect participants until Saturday, October 30. I'll make reminder
announcements, etc. Once the signup deadline is closed, I'll send out
your info out by mid-week the first week of November. From that very
day, you'll then have one full month total to mail your fabric to your
person. If your package is running late for ANY reason, you'll be
responsible for letting your person know. PLEASE only sign up if you
can stick to this time frame. I know lots of us get busy in
preparation for the holidays and packages might go out late (which is
okay)...but it's just really awkward asking someone where their
package is! Especially numerous times. So let's keep it on time and
your person informed! That or I'll release your home address to the
group and they'll stash raid you!!!

Now the most IMPORTANT part...the FABRIC! The theme of choice this
time is RCTQ choice and RCTQ chose Batiks and Polka Dots (weird combo!)!!!!
Four fat quarters of these fabrics will be swapped! Of course extra
goodies in the package are not necessary, but always welcome. I always
get asked several times during these swaps if people can spoil their
person with extra goodies. The answer is always yes. But
remember...not necessary. All fabric is 100% cotton and is NOT to be
prewashed (unless otherwise pre-arranged). There will be final and
specific rules emailed to you when you are emailed your person.

So if you are interested in the Fall Batiks and Polka Dots Swap please
email me with the following info at quiltngryhndlady at comcast dot
net:
Full Name:
RCTQ Screen Name:
Email Address:
Snail Mail Address (including Country) where you can receive packages:

Fabric Preference (state whether you prefer polka dots, batiks, or a
combo):
Fabric Style Preference (state colors you like/dislike, pattern size
preferences, etc.):

Availability to Mail Out of Your Geographic Region if Absolutely
Necessary
(Yes or No):
Availability to take a Second Person if Absolutely Necessary (Yes or
No):

If you participated in the previous swaps I probably have your address
on file, but please send again just to make sure what I have is most
current (that and it makes cutting/pasting so much easier).

With that...We're on our way to Fall Batik and Polka Dot swapping!!

Melissa in NJ *the self-appointed one-to-one swap queen!*

--
and the "Boos Hounds" (Bear, Bits, and Lexus)
and Maxi (aka Witch Kitty with a "B"), Kenobi (aka "Kitty Wan Kenobi"),

Pics of My Quilts:
http://community.webshots.com/user/quiltngryhndlady

Quilt Something for Yourself! Adopt a Racing Greyhound!
--
Remove STOPCRAP to reply

Old October 15th 04, 01:55 AM
Natalie

Thanks Melissa!

NS

Melissa in NJ wrote:
Batiks and Polka Dots Swap!!!

Old October 25th 04, 05:03 PM
MelissaInNJ

Just another friendly reminder about this swap. Signups end this
weekend. Read below and sign up at:

Old October 28th 04, 03:04 PM
MelissaInNJ

Sign-ups end this weekend so this is pretty much a final reminder.
Read below and sign up at: