OT Message for our QIs

Old October 12th 04, 03:11 AM
Ginger in CA

Default OT Message for our QIs

Dear: Dog and Cat,my loves:

When I say to move, it means go someplace else, not switch positions
with each other so there are still two of you in the way.

The dishes with the paw prints are yours and contain your food. The
other dishes are mine and contain my food. (Please note, placing a paw
print in the middle of my plate of food does not stake a claim for it
becoming your food & dish, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing
in the slightest.)

The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack.
Beating me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help
because I fall faster than you can run.

I cannot buy anything bigger than a king size bed. I am very sorry
about this. Do not think I will continue to sleep on the couch to
ensure your comfort. Look at videos of dogs and cats sleeping. They
can actually curl up in a ball. It is not necessary to sleep
perpendicular to each other stretched out to the fullest extent
possible. (I also know that sticking tails straight out and having
tongues hanging out the other end to maximize space used is nothing
but sarcasm.)

My compact discs are not miniature Frisbees.

For the last time, there is not a secret exit from the bathroom. If by
some miracle I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is
not necessary to claw, whine, meow, try to turn the knob, or get your
paw under the edge and try to pull the door open. I must exit through
the same door I entered. (In addition, I have been using the bathroom
for years...canine or feline attendance is not mandatory.)

The proper order is kiss me, then go smell the other dogs or cats'
butt. I cannot stress this enough. It would be such a simple change
for you.

To pacify you I have posted the following message on our front
door.....

Rules for Non-pet owners who visit and like to complain about our
pets:

#1. They live here; you don't.

#2. If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the
furniture.

#3. I like my pet better than I like most people.

#4. To you it's an animal. To me he and/or she is an adopted son
and/or daughter who is short, hairy, walks on all fours and is speech
challenged. Dogs and cats are better than kids. They eat less, don't
ask for money all the time, are easier to train, usually come when
called, never drive your car, don't hang out with drug-using friends,
don't drink or smoke, don't worry about buying the
latest fashions, don't wear your clothes, don't need a gazillion
dollars for college, and if they get pregnant, you can give away the
results.

Pass this on to all your pet loving friends as well as those who
aren't...it's too cute not to share.
Old October 12th 04, 07:10 AM
Sharon Harper

LOL - the bed and bathroom rules could be the same for children!

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia
Queen of Down Under

om...

Old October 12th 04, 07:59 PM
MoragP

Dear: Dog and Cat,my loves: BRBR

I laughed so hard, I got the hiccups and got Sugar and Miss Meanie all worried.
That made me laugh harder. Oh, my sides ache.

Miss Meanie has figured out that if she swings on the bathroom doorknob, the
door will open. Too bad I can't find her a job as a doorcat.
Morag in Detroit
Old October 12th 04, 08:20 PM
handmaiden

The only missing rule about food is:
Just because you placed your tail on it doesn't make it yours, nor does it
make me any more inclined to share. Fur is a part of my daily diet and I
miss the added flavor when it's not there.

--
handmaiden