where is everyone from

Old October 13th 04, 02:04 AM
Donna

My DH and I went to Arizona about 8-9 years ago. Went to visit DS, bought
non-refundable tickets, he moved back to Florida before we got there. So
went anyway drove all over the state, had a great time. Anywho the point of
the story was, my DH pronounced it Fort
Hew-a-chuck-a. So now anytime we see anything about it that's how we say
it!!LOL.
Donna
"KJ" wrote in message
Doesn't everyone know how to pronounce fort wa choo kuh?
"Pati Cook" wrote in message
Try Fort Huachuca..........
often affectionately referred to as Fort Hootchi-cootchie. BG

Pati, in Phx

Mika wrote:

Hauppauge is another one that gets really strange pronunciations.

Mika

"ALZ" wrote in message

PATCH AWG

I used to work in an office where we got calls from all over the
country and would get the strangest pronunciations. It is an
Algonguin word.

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 02:28:49 GMT, "Pauline O'Connell"
wrote:

How exactly do you pronounce PATCHogue?? VWG

Pauline

Old October 13th 04, 06:39 AM
Sk8eraunt

I know that I will be a QuiltZ on Sat. for
Thimbleberries meeting,

I was at QuiltZ for their grand opening. The owner gave everyone who purchased
something a pin cushion shaped like a shoe. I told him he didn't have to give
me the pin cushion because my purchases were under $10, but he insisted. Very
nice man!

kaila
Old October 13th 04, 06:43 AM
Sk8eraunt

I'll be staying in the Gainey Ranch Suites near my old neighborhood.

Gainey Ranch is beautiful. Sometimes my daughter and I treat ourselves (ok, I
treat her) to their Sunday brunch by the pool. Then we walk around the Borgata
and buy just one thing...just enough so that we can say we bought something!

I hope you have a wonderful time this weekend. I prayed for cooler weather for
you, but it looks like it'll still be around 90 degrees.

kaila
Old October 13th 04, 08:00 AM
KJ

How sweet Kaila. I'm sure I will have a good time hanging with old friends
I haven't seen for a while. Thanks for the prayers for cooler weather.....I
think they worked for the Midwest instead of Arizona. It's supposed to get
quite a bit chillier about the time I leave here. Oh well.

--
Kathyl
remove "nospam-" before mchsi

Old October 14th 04, 07:00 PM
MNalley

Loganville, Ga. moved to South Dakota, moved to Michigan, back to North Ga.
I am "HOME"!
"Pati Cook" wrote in message
Currently in Phoenix, born in Tucson, Arizona. Also lived in Wasco and
on
base at Edwards both in California.

Pati, in Phx

KJ wrote:

I'm loving this thread! It's fun to see a quick line up of locations!

"Cindy Schmidt" wrote in message
Is this another test? I HATE taking tests. I blew the one the other

night
so I'm afraid to answer this one.

Cindy from MO

"Sandy Foster" wrote in message
In article et,
"Judy W" wrote:

I know I'm new here, and probably shouldn't even ask this question.

But
was wondering where everyone was from? If this is a no-no I'm
sorry.
I live in Florida, North of Tampa.
Judy

Guess!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

Old October 19th 04, 12:38 AM
Ethne Slusser

I'm originally from sunny South Africa but now happily married to a
Pennsylvanian and living in central PA

Ethne in PA

Old October 19th 04, 03:56 AM
Lenore Lawrence

In Order:

California--5 years
Idaho--5 years
California--4 years
Alaska--3 months
California--9 months
North Dakota--2 years
California--3 years
Washington--31 years

Lenore

Lakewood, Washington

Old October 19th 04, 03:27 PM
georg

Lenore Lawrence wrote:

In Order:

California--5 years
Idaho--5 years
California--4 years
Alaska--3 months
California--9 months
North Dakota--2 years
California--3 years
Washington--31 years

Which branch of the service were your parents in?
-georg
air force brat