Taking the Name of Camels in Vain

Old September 16th 04, 12:49 PM
Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply

From: Johanna Gibson

....... I take my own shoes off, and all the
Russians do. I have several pairs of handmade slippers, if anyone
wants to use them. I'm just saying it does make a huge difference to
how clean the floors are, even when people think their shoes are
clean. Maybe Dundee is a muddy place to live in.

When we lived in Lizard Land (aka Phoenix) we had wall to wall carpeet and
were a "No Shoes" house. I wore slippers all the time until I developed
problems with my feet. I bought a pair of shoes that I wear only in the house
and do this still. When I have to go outside, I have "outdoor shoes" hidden
away at botht he front door and the back door.
We had traveled a lot in Hawaii and everyone there has a "no shoes" house.
We even had a pretty ceramic sign hung on the front door jamb that said "Please
remove shoes...but no switch to better kine shoes when leaving" that we got
there :-). All of our family & friends knew they had to remove their shoes and
would bring their own slippers if they didn't want to wear the slippers we made
available. We have hosted 4 Japanese students and they always brought slippers
as omiyage (gifts) so we had lots available :-).
When we would have parties or other social functions, the invitations always
said that we were a "no shoes" house. People were humorouly advised to "wear
clean socks" or bring their own house slippers. When we moved after almost 9
years, the exposed and walked on carpet didn't look any dirtier than the carpet
under the heavy furniture that never got moved.
Here in Magnoliaville, we have hardwood floors in the downstairs so we don't
have people remove their shoes. We have lots of throw rugs covering the high
traffc areas that can be laundered and people walk on those. CiaoMeow ^;;^
..
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ Queen of Kitties
Angels can't show their wings on earth but nothing was ever said about their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!
Online Photos at
http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary
Old September 16th 04, 01:41 PM
Maureen Wozniak

I tend to wear my shoes while I'm working around the house, but as soon
as I'm done they come off and slippers go on. Plus, I sew barefoot or
in slippers as well. I just don't like the feel of my clunky shoes on
my feet while I'm trying to use the machine pedal. In fact, I've been
known to take my shoes off at classes for just that reason.

Maureen

Donna in Idaho (remove invalid) wrote:
What about those of us who need the support of good shoes while working
around the house? I need them just as much in the house as I do outside.
My feet would kill me if I wore slippers all day.

"Taking a spin at pottery class" Mike Pottery 0 October 12th 04 03:56 PM
Taking a break frood Quilting 4 October 20th 03 12:34 AM
taking health risks seriously , silicosis Christina Marriott Pottery 2 July 8th 03 05:57 PM