Popular Misconception *a rant about group policy*

Old August 25th 04, 04:23 AM
Natalie

Hi!
{Waving Wildly!!}

I'm working on my RR. (Which I'm super excited about!) I sort of
joined at the last minute, by accident, and it has really pushed me,
both color and sewing skills wise...

I have to re-baste the baby quilt I'm working on.. I used pins before I
learned that hand quilting needs to be basted with thread (b/c of the hoop!)

I have to start designing the Christmas tree skirt for my MIL

That is sort of the immediate queue...

There might be some other small Christmas projects in my horizon...
cookie bags and throw pillow type stuff..

The far off future...

A charm quilt (lap) for my grandma based on the Baseball swap fabric.
A quilt or large WH for my mother with fabric and design already picked
out, hopefully in time for her B-day mid Jan.
A quilt/ WH small to med. sized for a friend. fabric and pattern also
picked out... no date on that..

And one day, a sampler for me...
But I haven't finished buying fabric for it so it's some ways down the
line... g

Thanks for asking. Gave me an excuse to write it all down!
NS

Pati Cook wrote:

STUFF WAS HERE...

What's everyone working on quilt wise??

Pati, in Phx working on several projects to be class samples.

Old August 25th 04, 04:32 AM
Natalie

LOL!!

Once in a while I still flounce (or am mistaken for flouncing!)- and
BOY! Does my mom get mad!

LOL!
NS

Ellison wrote:

Howdy!
My mom would smack me even now for flouncing out of the
room. We are a non-flouncing family; we stand our ground
and listen to both sides of the issue, or all 7 sides, whatever,
and we even do some yelling to be heard.
But we do not flounce off in a huff.

Maybe Debbie will finish even more quilts now without RCTQ
to interrupt her. I hope she comes back to show them off.
I hope she comes back to enjoy the neighborhood.

Ragmop/Sandy -- liberal who also doesn't beg anyone to stay around,
having grown past that in the 3rd grade ;-D

Old August 25th 04, 04:47 AM
Natalie

ooo.. Thanks! I'll look into it..

Diana Curtis wrote:

Have you looked at Hancocks of Paducah? I see 10 Olfa blades, 45mm, for
$24.98... but I dont know what shipping is.
HTH
Diana

Old August 25th 04, 06:19 AM
Pauline O'Connell

It's a "special". The regular price is $29.99, so if you use a 40% off
coupon, you would save an extra $2 & since there's a bunch of new internet
coupons floating around - why not

Pauline
"Natalie" wrote in message
Is this a special or a coupon?

Thanks!
NS

Pati Cook wrote:

Check the newest mailer for TSWLTH, there is a special on a 7 pack of

45mm
rotary blades that includes a little rotary cutter lapel/hat pin. Cute

little
thing.

Pati, in Phx.

Polly Esther wrote:

Jalynne is right, Sharon, that was pretty awful. And yes! Lia, I would

love
to know where and best price for rotary blades. Some klutz here surely

does
use them up quickly. I don't know who but have noticed that my rulers

don't
exactly have square corners anymore. A screw loose at the controls

strikes
again, and again. Polly

"Jalynne" wrote You should have posted a spew warning on that one,
Sharon. wrote But I'm naturally timid and shy and retiring.

{{batting
fluffy eyelashes at

all and sundry}}. It's my nature....

Old August 25th 04, 06:30 AM
Pauline O'Connell

And did you see the earlier post about TSWLTF? They have a special Olfa 7
pk for $19.99 (regularly $29.99), but if you use a 40% off coupon, it's
$17.99.

Pauline
"Natalie" wrote in message
Oh! Does anyone know where to get bulk blades? I found one place that
sold 5 for $29 but with $6 shipping it didn't help much...

Any other recommendations?

(I usually wait till I have a STWLTH coupon...)

NS

Shona in NZ wrote:
Oh yes! I would love to buy bulk blades. Wouldn't that be heaven

Shona who finds cutting with a new blade blissful in NZ

"Julia Altshuler" wrote in message

Polly Esther wrote:

I have asked here and gotten great answers to such questions as where

can I

get the best price for green-band SM needles, and we had a lot of fun

with

the best safety pins, also including where and how much. Please don't

feel

timid about sharing any great deals you discover, some of us sorely

need
them. Polly

Especially on rotary cutter blades. I'd buy them in bulk the way I do
needles if I could save money on them.

--Lia

Old August 25th 04, 08:23 AM
Sharon Harper

Depends on what they say?

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia
Queen of Down Under

"the black rose" wrote in message
. ..
Sharon Harper wrote:
It's twoo! It's twoo, it's twoo, it's twooo!!!

It's twoo what dey say about Ozzies? *ducking and running*

--
the black rose
proud to be owned by a yorkie

Old August 25th 04, 12:13 PM
Michelle in Gander

I'm working on a Rail fence WH for my mom, a Debbie Mumm calender panel WH
for both my parents, I have a Halloween quilt-for-me waiting for backing and
batting, a friendship star quilt waiting for borders, batting and backing,
two RR (only one left to do though), a block swap, an ornament exchange, AND
I'm handpiecing a Sister's Choice quilt for my aunt, who happens to be a nun
(i.e sister in French). She's given all kinds of scraps and has more for me
next time I'm in Quebec (like maybe next summer, hopefully).
Wow, that's a lot more than I thought. I'd better get cracking!
Michelle in Gander

Old August 25th 04, 12:50 PM
Diana Curtis

Somehow, writing it all down makes it seem a lot more daunting. You may not
want to do that anymore.
I love the idea of a Sister's Choice for your aunt. Its one of my favorite
blocks and the play on words is great!
Well... looks like you have enough to do for the next couple of weeks. ;-)
Diana

Old August 25th 04, 01:42 PM
Julia in MN

Natalie wrote:
I have to re-baste the baby quilt I'm working on.. I used pins before I
learned that hand quilting needs to be basted with thread (b/c of the
hoop!)

I use pins to baste for hand-quilting and have never had problems with
pins and the hoop.

I've got several tops pieced and waiting to be machine quilted. I'm at
handquilting a crib quilt made from blocks my mother embroidered and a
queen size jewel box for me. Next piecing project is a YBR for a
friend's baby.

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old August 25th 04, 03:54 PM

Natalie,

Before I knew any better, I pin basted a quilt for hand quilting. Now that I
know better, I'll probably do the same thing again ;-) Pin basting is soooooo
much easier IMHO than thread basting. And the pins really didn't get in the way
of the hoop all that much. No prob to move one or two.

--
Anne in CA
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl Crow

Natalie wrote:

snipped I have to re-baste the baby quilt I'm working on.. I used pins
before I
learned that hand quilting needs to be basted with thread (b/c of the hoop!)

snipped

remove NOSPAM to reply