sofia

Old February 24th 04, 08:41 PM
Shona in NZ

Wooohoooo! Get lots of rest.

Shona in NZ

"Dr. Quilter" wrote in message
Was born 12 hours ago (Feb. 23rd, 21:20pm). She weighted 8 pounds and
measured 20.5 inches (that is 3.6 kg and 52 cm). Problem was her head,
14" circumference.... her due date was Friday and Dr. decided to induce
her Monday AM since I was so ready but when I called to go in Monday AM
they said they were too busy and not to come yet... but then my
contractions started getting regular and painful, so we ended at the
hospital at noon... it progressed pretty well, with some help from
pitocin, but then they slowed it down because I was getting a headache
from pushing... she got stuck at 3 cm past my pelvic bone and Dr.
decided to use vacuum (the other option was a C-section and I was not up
for that after so many hours, even with the epidural and all!). Finally
managed to pull her out with the vaccum pump but her cord got wrapped
around her neck and while they were taking care of that I tore really
bad (4th degree, for those that have read the books!) My mom ran out of
the room crying her heart out, but I couldn't tell what had happened.
Anyway, we are both fine....even with the cord her Apgar score was 7 and
then 9 at 5 minutes. I guess I am going to be sore for a while but not
yet. DH is really proud of me, by the way.... I did not scream or lose
it.. and he was great, really supportive...
--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens

Old February 24th 04, 08:50 PM
Dannielle

Yeah! Happy Birthday! And many congratulations to you as well! I can't
believe you are on the computer already! I don't plan on being on the
computer any time within the first week after I give birth!

You rock!

Dannielle

Old February 24th 04, 09:29 PM
Diana Curtis

Ooops.. I beg your pardon, Sofia! Your name is fine the way it was given to
you. I didnt mean to take libertys!
Diana

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker

"Diana Curtis" wrote
Welcome to the world Sophia! I hope you enjoy your stay and treasure
everything that comes your way.
We share something special Sophia, Ill tell you about it when your mommy

is
more rested.
Diana

Old February 24th 04, 09:41 PM
Shelly

Congratulations on Sofia's birth! Seems you quilted a little much during
your pregnancy and all those little quilty facts and notions went to the
little one's head!!! You'll have to be more careful the next time round. ;o)

Shelly

Old February 24th 04, 09:51 PM
Chipper

Many congratulations! Glad you're past the worst and recovering while you
get aquainted with Sophia.
I just found out a few minutes ago that DB and SIL are expecting! Another
soul has joined us. What a blessing!
Hug that baby!!
chipper

Old February 24th 04, 10:10 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Dr. Quilter" wrote:

[...]

Woohoo! Best wishes to all of you -- I'm delighted that everyone is
healthy and well.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1
Old February 24th 04, 10:14 PM
Lynn Tocker

Congratulations!!! I've been tiptoeing around, waiting for the
announcement. Yippeeeee!!!
Lynn

Old February 24th 04, 10:20 PM
Taria

Congratulations to the whole family Marissa. I'm glad you
are all well. You are now an expert mother

Taria

Old February 24th 04, 10:39 PM
Patti

Congratulations Marissa and Fer
Happy birthday little Sofia; welcome to your very large extended family!
So it *was* the family birth date after all!!
Hope all continues to go well and you are all soon home together.
Can't believe you're telling us yourself Marissa - 12 hours afterwards -
wow.
Take care. Hope she likes the little guinea pigs g
..
In article , Dr. Quilter
writes
[...]

Best Regards