Leslie's Gobsmacker Quilt is online

Old November 27th 03, 01:48 PM
sdgodfrey

Leslie, it's wonderful. I agree the large leaves on the side should be
added, they add a bunch to an already gorgeous design.

--
Sherri G in Kentucky
http://community.webshots.com/user/sdgodfrey

Old November 27th 03, 02:16 PM
Martha in IN

Oh Leslie, With a gorgeous piece of work like that, you don't need to think
about your photography! Can't imagine how it could look much better. Thanks
for sharing, thanks to Kellie too.
Martha
"The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me" wrote in message
Many, many thanks to Kellie for doing this for me.... what a gal!

Sadly, I am a much better quilter than photographer. It sure doesn't
look so "gobsmacky" when reduced to the dulled colors and lack of detail
in the pictures. Darn. Darn. Darn. Anyway, you can see it at:

http://www.hamiltonpipeband.org/bergerfamily/leslie.htm

I haven't decided yet whether to applique' the large leaves on the
border, so y'all may tell me what you think. With or without? ;-)

Leslie spitting on my stoopid camera

The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me- My dogs aren't my whole life...they make my
life whole.

RCTQ- Houston 2004..... A good friend will come and bail you out of
jail.... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...
that was fun!"

Old November 27th 03, 02:34 PM
Queen of Squishies

The one without the extra leaves gives a greater, stronger impression of the
last lonely windy days of fall. I love how you achieved that! Now, with
the extra leaves it balances out the patch of "leaves" still clinging to the
brances of the lower right side of the tree. Reduces the impression
mentioned above, but adds a different kind of balance and interest. Adds
food for thought. What are you after in this quilt?

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old November 27th 03, 04:06 PM
unclbennie

Leslie,
The quilt is wonderful!! Thank you for sharing! And it looks VERY gobsmacky to me!!
Karen
aka unclbennie
aka Queen of the Sky

Old November 27th 03, 04:19 PM
Julia Altshuler

The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me wrote:

I haven't decided yet whether to applique' the large leaves on the
border, so y'all may tell me what you think. With or without? ;-)

Without! The tree is such a bold, strong graphic. It really makes a
statement. The large leaves are a distraction. They draw the eye out
and away from the central drama. They're like making a good, strong
beautiful, speech and then saying you didn't mean it or cracking a corny
joke afterwards. Without!

--Lia

Old November 27th 03, 04:25 PM
Chipper

Well worth waiting for! It's a beautiful quilt! I really like the leaves
on the border, and maybe even a few heaped here and there along the bottom
edge? No wonder you're gobschmacked!
chipper

Old November 27th 03, 04:38 PM
hfw

Wow! It's terrific!

About the large leaves... what about sort of piling a few on the lower left,
with maybe one or two edging into the main part of the quilt?

--Heidi

Old November 27th 03, 04:45 PM
Roberta Zollner

Leslie, if it looks this gorgeous in a poor photo, well, all I can say is
"Wow!"
Leaves, yes!
Roberta in D