About Us

Old October 26th 03, 02:11 AM
Diana Curtis

Everything counts. :-)
Something told me you had worn a Carmen Miranda hat.. I just knew it.
:-)
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"Elizabeth Young" wrote in message
Diana Curtis wrote:
Have you ever lived in a yurt?

I spend a week in a 20 x 25 tent most summers, but it's not a yurt.

Close...
Searched for buried treasure?

When my parents remodeled the kitchen I found a handful of plastic
animal figures behind the counter. I'd dropped them down there when I
was little and the counter wasn't finished yet. But I wasn't looking for
them, so I don't think they count.
Worn a piece of fruit on your head?

OK. I have worn a Carmen Miranda-esque hat for a costume. I even danced
in it, does that count?

liz young in sunny california

Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"Elizabeth Young" wrote in message

OK OK, I give up!
Name: Elizabeth Young (liz young in sunny/dark/breezy/whatever

california)
Home: Near Sacramento California
Occupation: full time drain upon society (student). I am a Humanities
major, soon to be a Liberal Arts master's student.
Past lives: too many to list (Play the 'Liz Game' and try to find
something I haven't done. So far the list consists of Ride a Motorcyle
and Jump Out of a Plane. I told them that rappelling down the side of a
building didn't count for jumping out of a plane).
Family: sort of single, live with my marvy BF and his son (14)
Food: Indian food, chinese food, chocolate, anything with yoghurt in it.
Anything I don't have to cook.
QI: Bonnie-the-dog, border collie mix
Machines: Bernia 185, Bernina 801, Singer featherweight 221 1954
Quilting for how long: Brand new! Finished one, 2nd one stalled due to
too much homework
Posting frequency: Who's counting? I read at least once a day and post
in spurts.
Interests outside of quilting: Too many to count (see 'The Liz Game').
TV shows: anything science fiction, no matter how cheesy.

liz young in cool california

Old October 26th 03, 02:50 AM
Elizabeth Young

Hey! I just figured out the Liz Young game.
It is really for ME to show how twisty my brain is by making things I've
done fit a question!

liz young in rainless california

Old October 26th 03, 11:17 AM
Valerie in FL

Here I am - late as usual.

Name: Valerie

Home: Pembroke Pines, FL

Occupation: Customer Service Manager

Age: 44

Past Lives: Machinist, Customer Service Rep, Account Executive, Network
Systems Designer

Family: Happily married for almost 9 years to my second husband. Have one
DD, now 22 and still living at home, which is OK....for now.

Food: Warm apple cobbler and vanilla ice cream. French fries. Meatloaf and
mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce.

QIs: Two cats, 9 years old, named Nina and Dina. Nina is outgoing and
vocal; Dina is afraid of her own shadow.

Machines: A Singer Slant-o-matic 503 from the early 60's, in a lovely cheery
cabinet, and a 1998 portable Singer.
I like the Slant-o-matic better.

Quilting For: A whopping 2 months.

Quilt Assembly Preference: I'm still trying to determine my preferences. So
far I've rotary cut and machine pieced. I use the machine for straight-line
quilting. Curves, feathers, etc. I do by hand. I am considering a Dear Jane
quilt, but that would be hand pieced.

Quilt Style Preference: I like really simple pieced quilts with elaborate
quilting, in the Amish style. But I also find the Dear Jane intriguing.

Color preference: Purple, purple, and purple. My future Dear Jane will be
all in purples.

Skill level - beginner quilter, but advanced stash builder.

Posting/Reading Frequency: Read daily, post infrequently.

Interests other than quilting/fabric fondling/S.E.X: Reading

Pet peeves: Drunk drivers who kill innocent people and then plead 'not
guilty' as if driving drunk means it's not their fault. The abdication of
personal responsibility in favor of blaming one's problems on anyone or
anything but themselves.

TV Shows: West Wing, Law and Order, and 24.

Drive A: 2000 Silver Honda CRV

Favorite Quote: The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the
cheese.

Old October 26th 03, 02:26 PM
sdgodfrey

I empathize with you on the drunk driving. I was on jury duty Friday.
A young girl had run off the road and hit a utility pole. Fortunately,
no one else was involved and she wasn't injured badly. Her alcohol
level was over the legal limit. She pled not guilty and her lawyer
tried a lot of fancy double-talk to confuse the issue. We found her
guilty and gave her the maximum fine and 3 days in jail. I think she
was in shock. But the jury all thought she was really lucky. It's much
better for this 'nice' girl to spend a few days in jail and maybe keep
her from killing someone or herself next time.

--
Sherri G in Kentucky
http://community.webshots.com/user/sdgodfrey

Old October 26th 03, 03:42 PM
frood

Hi, Mary! (or would you prefer to revisit your youth and be called Nannie
Goat? G) I thought my childhood nickname was bad! Oh, my!

Have you posted here before? If so, sorry I missed it. If not, welcome! This
is a great group!

--
Wendy
De-Fang email address to reply
"QuiltiM" wrote in message
Me too - here goes:
Name: Nannie Terry (but everyone calls me Mary since kindergarten when

kids
called me "Nannie Goat - Nannie Goat
Home: San Antonio TX (love it)
Occupation: Retired
Age: 66 day after Halloween
Past Lives: Fed gov worker
Family: Married, 2 children, 4 grans
Food: Just about anything
Machine: Pfaff 6270 and little Jenome Gem
Quilt Assembly Preference: Piecing by machine
Color Preference: anything that I fall in love with
Skill Level: Still consider myself a beginner - took a handquilting class
after retiring 5 years ago - loved it but now do machine piecing and

quilting.
Reading: mystery novels
Interests Other Than quilting: reading, gardening, traveling, concerts
Pet Peeves: People who meet in the middle of grocery aisle, chat and

block
everyone else.
TV: old movies with happy endings
Drive: A Saturn (because we pull it behind our RV) :-)

Old October 26th 03, 04:20 PM
QuiltiM

"Nannie Goat" did not bother me as much as it did my Mother. In the past
posted from VA where we lived until 2 years ago - posted once in awhile -
don't read newsgroup everyday. Have asked for help a few times and received
very helpful responses. Is "griffinsflight" from Harry Potter? I am reading
last Potter book. Great group! Mary in S.A. :-)
Old October 26th 03, 04:20 PM
Diana Curtis

I did that on purpose to throw would be stalkers and stash raiders off. ;-)
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"frood" wrote in message
news
Yeah. Like you knew what *I* looked like. vbg

Old October 26th 03, 04:24 PM
Diana Curtis

Better late than never Valerie!
Im with you on people who try to duck their responibiltys.
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
.. .

Old October 26th 03, 04:52 PM
Karen Novakoski

On 10/15/03 10:14 AM, in article , "Julia
in MN" wrote:

Name: Karen
Home: Northern Maryland
Occupation:Speech Language Pathologist
Age: 47 (now when did that happen??)
Past lives: Retail, aerobics instructor, college lecturer
Family: Married 14 years. DD #1 - Voice Major in college DD#2 - In seventh

grade.....yes you may pray that we make it!
Food: Popcorn, cheese, Cheeseburgers which I don't get very often, and

Wilbur's Chocolate (those of you living in the South central part of PA know
what I mean....ummmmm)
QI's: Three cats, Casey, Daisy, and Tom E. Cat. Sadie my bassett hound died in

May at 15 years old.
Machine: Viking Designer 1, Singer circa 1970 and a kenmore circa 1983.
Quilting for: 4 years, off and on. I made two quilts for family before I had

a clue. Then I had kids....and now I am taking classes and teaching myself.
Quilt assembly preference: Rotary cut, machine pieced. I have machined

quilted three quilts so far, sent two away for someone to long arm machine
quilt and am currently preparing to get one up in a hoop for hand quilting.
Quilt style preference: traditional - I love the old styles. Really dislike

the contemporary colors and styles.
Color preference: Blues, mauves, greens, muted colors.
Skill level: Beginner....working towards advanced beginner!!
Posting/reading frequency: Daily
Other interests: Reading, computer, rug hooking, stitching and collecting

samplers. Collecting Samplers and folk art pigs.
TV shows: Law and Order, Raymond, Simply Quilts, Will and Grace

Karen

Old October 26th 03, 06:37 PM
frood

No, my daughter thought it up! We collect gargoyles and griffins, and needed
a name for our web domain, and she came up with that one. Pretty cool, huh?