About Us

Old October 18th 03, 12:23 AM
CNYstitcher

no, but think of the crazy drive some would have.....one for those in
yankee territory, and one for those in rebel territory, followed up the
next year with an entire east coast meet-up???

frood wrote:

So, you got something against us East Coasters below the Mason Dixon line?
Huh?

Old October 18th 03, 12:37 AM
Elena

It's a delightful show on the USA Network, starring Tony Shaloub as a very
neurotic, obsessive/compulsive former police man who solves crimes by
noticing EVERYTHING. It's funny and sad sometimes, but almost always
played fair. (as in you too could have solved the problem if you'd been
paying attention the same way.) Here's some web sites on the show.

http://primetimetv.about.com/gi/dyna...ries%2Fmonk%2F

http://www.100megspop2.com/presca/monkwrap.html

http://members.aol.com/monk1643/Monk.html

http://www.geocities.com/neenie03/

Hope you can catch an episode sometime.

Elena, the fan.

"The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me" wrote in message
Okay, folks... what is this "Monk" everybody watches? I've never heard
of it and I feel soooooooo depraved... errrrr... deprived.

Leslie always the last to know

The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me- My dogs aren't my whole life... they make my
life whole.

RCTQ- Houston 2004..... A good friend will come and bail you out of
jail.... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...
that was fun!"

Old October 18th 03, 01:04 AM
Susie

Hi Larisa,
I'm two hours north from Syracuse.
I'm in a little town called DeKalb Junction,
Susie

Where at Susie??

Larisa, in Liverpool

Old October 18th 03, 02:49 AM
Pat in Virginia

Oh, no ... Alice did include Virginia, definitely South of M D
Line. So I guess it is NC that is on the B list.
Snickers, PAT in VA/USA

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

"AliceW" wrote in message
We could try to do an East Coast get-together sometime since we have a

group
from NY, NJ, DE, MD, VA and PA. We could figure out a mid-point between

the
two farthest folks and find a good spot. Any takers?

Old October 18th 03, 02:51 AM
Pat in Virginia

Good idea Kris!! I nominate this central location: G Street
Fabrics in Potomac Mills, Woodbridge VA!! Yes!
PAT in VA/USA
PS: Good luck with the carpet and so on.

QuiltR1024 wrote:
Wendy,
I agree, since I'm in Virignia , with Pat. I think Virginia is the
central location. big grin
On another note, My computer will be down from this coming Sunday, Oct
19, until about the 24th of Oct.. ( the new flooring is being laid on the top
three levels of my house on Oct 20-21)
Marshall ( my son) is coming on Sunday to take my computer apart
and move the part to the sewing room , until the new carpet is laid in the
room where the computer stays. He'll come back and hook everything up on Wed.
, Thursday or Friday. ( so I won't be able to send or recieve e-mails at that
time).
Wish me luck !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kris ( in northern Virginia )

Old October 18th 03, 03:01 AM
AliceW

Ok, but some of us are going to need overnight accomdodations. And a place
for all of us to eat. I guess we should figure out how many would be
interested in doing this. Raise your hand if you would like to partake
assuming we find a date that fits everyone's schedule. We can carpool as
well to share the driving.

--
Alice in NJ
www.ourcyberfamily.us

Old October 18th 03, 11:25 AM
georg

CNYstitcher wrote:
I'm taking this as a response to my saying that we might be moving. I'd
personally *love* a NY meet up.....I already had one offer of
instruction in paper piecing, that has been postponed until things
settle down here a little more.....sadly, I only know of 1 quilt shop
relatively close to me......are there more that I am missing??

Larisa

I'm only aware of a lousy shop in Watertown, a good one in Ithaca (it
was in this latest Hop), one in Endicott, and one in Vestal. The one in
Endicott is the best. Mom comes from Utica to go. And a couple Saturdays
ago, Rose and I encountered a chartered bus from Rochester/Syracuse at
the Endicott shop. They told me about the Watertown shop and how lousy
it was.

-georg

Old October 18th 03, 04:16 PM
Kathy Applebaum

Boy, this can be a hard show to describe!

First, do you know who Tony Shalhoub is? If not, check out
http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0001724/

He plays the title role of Mr. Monk, and plays it fantastically. Mr. Monk
is an ex-San Francisco police detective who developed obsessive-compulsive
disorder after his wife was killed in by a car bomb that may have been meant
for him. He's now out on his own (sort of), and manages to solve cases
*because* of his disorder.

The show is extremely well written -- they manage to find humor in Monk's
condition without making fun of him. Or rather, they make no more fun of him
than they do any other character.

It's on USA network. Last year one of the broadcast networks was showing
episodes, too, but I don't know if they've picked it up again.

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
longarm machine quilting, Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old October 18th 03, 04:29 PM
AliceW

He's known as "the defective detective", a detective with OCD! It's a great
show, I love his method of reasoning. After you watch the show and you see
how he figures out "who done it", you go DUH!!!!

Old October 18th 03, 09:08 PM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

I hate that they took it off ABC. I don't get USA and fell in love with it
only to have it taken away! Wahhh!

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér