European stash raid

Old March 4th 06, 09:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default European stash raid

Tigg I need meds to keep me calm at the dentists.. I was shattered so badly
after only getting the jabs to numb my mouth last time, I was crying and was
put in a side room so as not to scare the small kids in the waiting room

the good part of theses stash raids is that you are never affected by such
daily problems - all fun and games but no downsides ;-)
--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

I wish I was close enough to participate in the raid, but I think
taking a step and coming up for air would take me way too long to get
there, even if I hadn't drowned on the way! No, I'm not afraid to
fly (don't care for take offs and landings, but can get on a plane if
need be), but with my compromised immune system, I'd be sick as a dog
when I got there. How much fun would that be during a stash raid?
Guess I will miss out on the Mozartkuglen and the Mozart liqueur.

Tigg (needing a nap)

Old March 5th 06, 05:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I used to buy the Mozartkugel in Heidelberg, Germany.
In another town, I lived on Mozartstrasse. I was born on Mozart's
Birthday, Plus, I am Official Chocolate Taster of RCTQ. Sooooo...
I am the best candidate for a Mozartkugel un-squishy!!

PAT in VA/USA

KJ wrote:

Now I feel better. I wish you did too! I guess I'll have to include
Austria in our next venture! So many places....so little money! :-)
KJ

"Jessamy" wrote in message

as these are typically Austrian I don't think you would have been able to
get any - it's the first I have heard of them - and I live a tad closer
too!

Old March 7th 06, 04:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Don't know why, but I read your original post as you weren't phobic of
the dentist. I've had them hit one too many nerves (one is too many,
trust me) so I practically jitter out of the chair. The first dentist
(actually second, but the first one didn't deal with this particular
tooth) that put the filling on the tooth I had pulled recently was kind
enough to give me nitrous so I was a little more relaxed when he
started. My biggest problem (besides the nerve thing) is that my mouth
doesn't open very wide anymore due to the RA, and they keep telling me
to open wider, and I have to try to mutter around their hand that it's
as wide as it's gonna get. I do tell them before they start, guess
they think I'm just kidding around.

So, just consider me there holding your hand next time you go. We'll
get through it together!
Tigg

Old March 7th 06, 09:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I've wondered if there is something they can give me to help my jaw,
but they never volunteer anything like that, so didn't know they could.
My jaw gets very tired and is very painful while they are working, and
then I'm lucky if I can get it wide enough to eat for the next week or
so, let alone be able to chew. So, my phobia of the dentist has been
multiplied tremendously because of that and adding in the nerve thing.
I know I need to go, but a) don't want to, and b) can't afford it now
that Medicaid has been chewed to bits, if it even covered dentists in
the first place. They don't help with eyeglasses anymore, which really
hurt when I got the new ones...bifocals. Am I really that old now?

Tigg (laptop should have been here yesterday, but I wasn't here at
9:40am so called and had them deliver to a friend's salon today. Might
have it tonight, might have it tomorrow, depending on if my friend has
time to bring it by tonight. )

Old March 7th 06, 10:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default DDS Help: Was: European stash raid

Ask them for a 'numbing shot' (I don't know what tehy are called:
Novocaine?). She starts with 1/4 shot and gives me more as I need it. That
way I dont have 'too much'. Another thing---"hold" your jaw right by your
ear as you are opening /closing it.
HTH

Butterfly

oups.com...

Old March 8th 06, 01:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 20:44:06 +0100, Heidi from Germany
wrote:

So, now Jo's in Paris and having all the fun, how about an European
stash raid ??? Anybody come with me to Scotland ? I know where her
stash is, it's neatly stored in a cup-board... and it's only for her
own advantage, she will have more room for the fabrics bought in
Paris...:-)
Heidi from Germany

http://home.vrweb.de/~hbquilts/
mail: please remove quilt from address

I'm back now! The stash is safe... though I'll be out at the gym
frequently to work off the brioche, croissants, wine, cheese and
chocolate. Mmm. We had sunny weather, snow, rain, you name it. 4
seasons in one day on Sunday. Got to see the Arc de Triumph in the
snow, but it quickly melted. We went lots of places, saw lots of
things, ate lots of food, but took our time and just enjoyed walking
around the city. Amazing how much French I learnt - I went not
knowing a word. The French people were lovely, kind, and very
helpful. They liked the fact that I did try to pronounce French words
instead of just speaking English... and everywhere I went I overheard
people speaking Russian. The Russian community is quite large in
Paris.
Ah, but I'm back now. Couldn't find any fabric other than decorator
fabric or scarves, but c'est la vie. Sasha guarded the stash for me,
brave QI!

-- Jo in Scotland

Old March 8th 06, 04:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT - medicaid

Medicaid only covers childrens dental work but contact the local united way
and they can refer you to dentists who volunteer their services. Dental
insurance is very cheap - I have mine thru AARP and only pay $38/month for
their top of the line policy. You can get it from some companies for as low
as $12/month but your share of the costs are more.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
oups.com...

Old March 8th 06, 06:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Medicaid varies state to state.
We have been fortunate enough to find a dentist who takes medicaid,
and a pediatric dentist who takes it as well. The pediatric guy is a
bit of a drive, but we really need him for Ash.

There are things they can do and things they can give for jaw
discomfort during long sessions. That can vary from muscle relaxents
to scary looking gear that helps support the jaw so you can relax
more.

We are doing the dental roundabout right now because one of DH's
crowns has come out along with the stub of a tooth that it was
attached to. Sledding accident when he was 12. A prime example to
hold up to children when telling them not to sled on ice belly down
and head first.

NightMist

On Wed, 8 Mar 2006 09:56:31 -0600, "SNIGDIBBLY"
wrote:

Medicaid only covers childrens dental work but contact the local united way
and they can refer you to dentists who volunteer their services. Dental
insurance is very cheap - I have mine thru AARP and only pay $38/month for
their top of the line policy. You can get it from some companies for as low
as $12/month but your share of the costs are more.

"Tigg" wrote in message
roups.com...
[...]

The wolf that understands fire has much to eat.

Stash Raid! Debra Quilting 9 September 28th 05 05:01 PM
STASH RAID Butterfly Quilting 26 September 18th 05 04:55 PM
How about a stash raid? Vivien Quilting 9 April 12th 05 01:37 AM
Stash Raid -- CODE 99 Sharon Harper Quilting 17 August 26th 03 11:23 PM
AACCKK!!! STASH RAID IN PROGRESS!!!! Butterfly Quilting 2 August 17th 03 05:32 PM