OT - 2 new QIs rescued

Old January 31st 06, 12:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT - 2 new QIs rescued

What sweet looking kitties- wish I could have an indoor cat.
(allergies) I'm so happy for you and your family... and for the
kitties. Yay!

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Sharon Harper wrote:
Yuppers, while I was slaving away at work today DH took the DDs to the local
animal shelter to see the cats (something we've been doing since Merlot
passed). Maddy had reached the go-kart goal she'd been set and all systems
were go.

Please allow me to introduce to you..... Maisie the Majestic (warning - not
her best photo)

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shazru...cd.jpg&.src=ph

and Sampson the Sexy

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shazru...cd.jpg&.src=ph

Maisie (2 years old) is Sampson's (18 months) mum, he was born when she
was just six months old and he is now double her size. They were found
abandoned in an old box at a factory and when they were found (October 05)
Sampson was still suckling mum!! Plus she was pregnant with another litter
which the shelter, by law, had to abort. They had cat flu and so had not
been put on display and by the time they were over the flu, again by law,
the shelter was unable to put them on display because they'd had them longer
than the 28 days they are allowed to keep all abandoned animals. So they'd
had them out the back. DH found their pictures on the shelter's website and
went in and asked to see them.

The poor volunteers were in floods of tears when we adopted them and gave
the cats lots of parting gifts, they were that happy to see them homed.

So at the moment Maisie is downstairs and Sampson is upstairs sleeping.
They should settle in quite well I think.

So a bit of advice, if you need a QI, visit a shelter.

quicker)

Old January 31st 06, 03:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Oh yaaaayy!!!! Some happy news amongst all the departures of QI's
lately is so nice to hear.

They're beautiful, and you're so right about shelters.

My first 4 were shelter rescues. The current Meezers count too,
because they were adopted from my vet, who takes in and re-homes many
cats that the local shelters would NOT (too old, need medical care,
behaviour problems, etc).

I have truly found that a "rescue" animal seems to know that YOU are
the person who saved them and gave them a good life. Never seen such
devotion from a "bought" animal as I have from all my rescues.

Congrats!

Johanna

Old January 31st 06, 06:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

They are so cute Sharon. They look so cuddly and squeezable. Congrats to
Maddy with her go-kart goal too. I know you're proud.
--
Mika
http://community.webshots.com/user/mikasdrms

u...

Old January 31st 06, 07:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

They are in the best shape I've ever seen a shelter cat! The volunteers
there really loved them and took great care of them.

quicker)

"nana2b" wrote in message
Congratulations on your new QI's. They are beautiful and look in good
shape. All but one of my previous QI's (canine and feline) have been
rescues. They are the best!! Linda in Tx

Old January 31st 06, 07:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

LOL they sure have - I wanna play with them more than they want me at the
mo!

quicker)

"desert quilter" wrote in message
oups.com...
Gorgeous, gorgeous QI's. :-) My own QI is from a shelter too. They
considered him a stray (rather than a donation? --wasn't sure what the
difference was), so at a mere 8 weeks old, he was in a cage all alone.
That drew me right to him. And although he shied away when I picked
him up, he had the one of the biggest purrs I ever heard. That settled
it. I had to wait 3 agonizing days until his quarantine was over, but
after that, the little ball of black fluff that was hardly bigger than
my palm was ours. Now after a year, Charley has us all trained. LOL!
I'm sure Maisie and Sampson will commence your training soon too. :-)

Michelle in Nevada

http://community.webshots.com/user/desert_quilter

Old January 31st 06, 01:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Rescued animals thank you every day of their lives. They also seem to
pick you not the other way around. Thanks for helping them but you're
the ones who will receive the most out of your kindness.

Critter Comforts: Quilts for Homeless Animals
http://community.webtv.net/critterco...ritterComforts

Old January 31st 06, 03:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Competition between them can be a good thing though, as long as they don't
let it make them lose site of the fact that there are other competitors. It
will keep them on their toes and help them learn what to look out for from
the other competitors. I am really excited for them. I know they will do
great. Give them big hugs for me and tell them "good luck" for the next
competition.

Old January 31st 06, 04:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

What a beautiful "duet"!!! Congratulations and best wishes to ALL of the
family members!!

Patti in Seattle

"If you are a dog and your owner suggests that you wear a sweater,
suggest that he wear a tail."
…Fran Lebowitz…