curious question

Old September 7th 04, 09:50 PM
Sharon Harper

I believe DH will be over your way in a few weeks or so - will he do? Sorry
bout dat but I couldn't resist!

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia
Queen of Down Under

"Shona in NZ" wrote in message
hahahaha,

You owe me a screen clean Sharon!

Shona wiping up coffee from her desk in NZ

"Sharon Harper" wrote in message
u...
Not on this newsgroup snickersnort and VBEG

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia
Queen of Down Under
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html
**********************

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
I'm just trying to recoup my losses. The lady that sold it to me

looked
so
sad at having to part with it. I paid a pretty penny...
Are you telling me not many folks use it? Maybe if I advertise.
Diana

--
Heart and soul can make up for technical lacking in any form of art,

but
let
the heart be lacking and all the perfection means nothing.
"nzl*" wrote in message
a FQ, u'd be lucky, lol.
jeanne
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
real reply is san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

"Sharon Harper" wrote...
ROFLOL! After we take out our share for collectin' 'em and postage

oooh
there might be enough for a FQ left!
--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia
Queen of Down Under
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html
**********************

"Diana Curtis" wrote...
I bought that bridge after a few drinks a couple years back. Ya'll

need
start sending me those tolls pretty soon. I imagine they've added

up.
Diana
Heart and soul can make up for technical lacking in any form of

art,
but
let the heart be lacking and all the perfection means nothing.

"Shona in NZ" wrote...
And don't forget that bridge that connects our two countries!!!
Shona who about fell over dead when she heard that one in NZ

"Sharon Harper" wrote...
LOL - makes a change from people thinking that about us

Aussies -
even
to this day a lot of international people (not naming countries)

assume
we
have koalas on every street corner and kangaroos as pets.

Old September 8th 04, 08:25 PM
Shona in NZ

Does your hubby know you are offering his services to strange women???

Shona who admits to being strange in NZ :-)

"Shona in NZ" wrote in message
[...]

"nzl*" wrote in message
a FQ, u'd be lucky, lol.
jeanne

Old September 19th 04, 01:07 PM
Johanna Gibson

On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 17:09:44 -0700, DrQuilter
wrote:

not that I am for advertising in this group or anything like that, but a
doubt has piqued my curiosity. every time we get one of those obnoxious
posts somebody brings out the fact that 'some of us' pay per minute. I
know my mom does that back home, but I am wondering how many of us
really do that and how many have a DSL or dialup plan with a constant
rate no matter how many hours you are connected?

When we moved into this flat 4 years ago, we got cable internet
access wired into the living room - where Mat's computer is. He kept
promising to set up a network between our computers so that I could
have 24-hour access (for which he was paying anyway), but it never
happened. About 2 months ago (a month before I left for Russia) he
set the network up. My master's degree was finished, my postgraduate
diploma in Russian was over... I didn't need it the way I had needed
it before (when we had to pay for each time I connected).
I'm trying not to be bitter.

-- Jo in Scotland
Old September 19th 04, 07:30 PM
Sherry Starr

I really didn't know anyone still paid by the minute. DH has a new laptop
that came equipped for the WI-FI. My desktop has cable. We have a network
set up so he also has cable. He loves the idea of being able to pick up his
laptop and go anywhere in the house with it. He can even sit on the patio
with it although the signal is not as strong there. It is great to take on
trips since we have discovered some of the hotels have a "hot spot" where
his WI-FI will work. He has kept his MSN account in case he needs it, which
is a good thing since the hard drive in his new laptop just went out, so he
is using his old notebook with dial up. He really misses the fast cable
connection. He can't wait for his laptop to come back from being fixed.

Sherry Starr

Old September 19th 04, 09:13 PM
Kate Dicey

wrote:

[...]

Our deal gives us 40 hours a month... If we go over it, we get cut off,
even if we had paid for hours spare last month! GRR! I'm trying to
persuade DH that broadband would be good if he's going to be working
from home, but he doesn't know if he can connect to work through
broadband suppliers or not... And he really doesn't get much of a
chance to find out!

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old September 19th 04, 09:25 PM
DJDREVNA

We are getting cable access set up on Tuesday andmy husband is supposed to put
some kind of routing thing in to my son's computer so he can have it to. I
can't wait right now wemiss a lot of phone calls if we are on line. They go
into an answering service, but when we get off we forget to check it. I just
have to get all my favorite sites transferred. I forget how I found this board
and it is now in my favorites and no addess comes up. Do you know the web site
so I will have it when they set up my cable connection?

She
Old September 19th 04, 11:24 PM
Sherry Starr

This is for all the people talking about missing phone calls when you are on
the computer: There is a company called Call Wave that gives a message to
people that "the person they are calling is using Call Wave.com, and to
please leave a message." There is a small box in the upper right hand
corner that is the Call Wave box. When you get a call, and you are on your
computer, it plays the message for you. If you are not using your computer
at the time, the box will show that you have an unheard message. I think we
pay $3.95 a month for it. It also works when we are on the phone, and a
call comes in (we don't have Call Waiting since that is one of mine & DH's
pet peeves), and the box shows you have a message.