World quilt help

Old May 29th 04, 04:23 PM
the black rose

Pat in Virginia wrote:
Seems odd that you are putting down your teachers as being biased while
you make several inflammatory remarks yourself.

It wasn't teachers, it was just the one teacher, and I'm stating what
she *did* and *said*. She readily admitted that she didn't expect much
of American students. And when I asked for an intensive Russian course,
her stated reason for refusing was that we couldn't handle it and we'd
fail the course.

BTW: having spent considerable time in NYS, I'd
like to point out the NY slang plural of you is "you guys!"

You're probably right, but I tend to say "you all" because I lived in
the South for 13 years, while I've only lived in NYS for 5 years. I
can't remember hearing "you guys" much where I live. Maybe "you guys"
is more common closer to the City? Or maybe I'm not really listening
for it; I'll have to keep an ear out for it now.

--
the black rose, wench with a wrench
proud to be owned by a yorkie

Old June 4th 04, 10:36 AM
harri

Johanna Gibson wrote in message . ..
On Sat, 22 May 2004 09:26:27 -0700, "Dr. Quilter"
wrote:

aren't finnish/estonian or letonian and basque unrelated to all other
european languages?

They are not Indo-European languages. From my Oxford dictionary:

Finnish - the Finno-Ugric language spoken by the Finns

Finnish is spoken by about 4.6 million people in Finland (where it is
one of two official languages), and is also spoken in parts of Russia
and Sweden. Closely related to Estonian and distantly related to
Hungarian, it is noted for its morphological complexity: a Finnish
noun can have thirteen different case-forms.

-- Jo in Scotland

First you must buy new dictionary because only Finland, Finnish spoken
by about 5.1 million and 0.8 million Finnish spoken move Finland
1960-2004.
Finnish spoken more that parts Russia and Sweden, North Norway is old
finnish area (FINNMARK). USA Hancock michigan streetnames two
languages english and finnish, Alaska area fishermans, is radio
channel spoken finnish only. Canada and Australia finnish paper and
internet site. Why finnish speak old country language, is they living
near other finnish.

Finnish say " only possible separate finnish is death and police"