Whats Everyone Working On?

Old September 13th 04, 02:19 PM
Diana Curtis

Default Whats Everyone Working On?

Well? ;-)
What sort of things does everyone have going at the moment in the quilt
family? Dragging out PIGS or finishing up UFOs and WIPS or have new quilts
started appearing?
I'm still working on the queen size LC borders, getting ready to MQ the
siggy quilt, plotting the next borders on DDs quilt, and playing with
layouts for Mike's 'Things go better with Coke" quilt. Sometime in the
middle of those I need to design and make two quilted Christmas stockings.
Lets hear your list!
Diana
--
Heart and soul can make up for technical lacking in any form of art, but let
the heart be lacking and all the perfection means nothing.

Old September 13th 04, 02:50 PM
Mary in Rock Island IL

This week is totally devoted to getting ready for retreat! (or at
least as total as my devotion can be, given the contents of my
calendar and other obligations)
I am finishing up the challenge quilt which is to be judged there.
Later on I will ponder why I chose a block with thousands of set-in
seams when I have little experience with them.
Also, I am making seven blocks for two projects to be completed there
by the group. One block is mostly done.
Lastly, I am hoping to organize a project to work on while there.
This requires a trip to buy spray basting stuff and a sunny day to use
it on my driveway.

Mary
Old September 13th 04, 02:57 PM
Taria

I am trying to finish mq'ing a mariners compass quilt for dd.
The anniversary quilt for 20th anniversary is almost all hand
quilted. (Just had our 24'th anniversary so no rush anymore).
When we did the hoffman tour they gave my guild a mess of
fabric and charity quilts tops are ready to be sandwiched and
finished. That's the stuff most on the front burner around
here.
If I start a whole list I might disappoint myself.
Taria

Old September 13th 04, 02:56 PM
David & Barbara Schmidt

Just this weekend I finished 4 I Spy quilt tops. I have the backing,
just need to get some batting.

I still have that quilt for My Mom that I've been working on all year. I
am giving up on trying to make the House for the middle, I can't get it
to look the way I want it to and am being too picky I guess. I'm just
going to sew the Mapleleaf blocks together with some scrappy 9 patches I
think using the same materials.

Also found a few small kids panels that I had bought, I need to get
those quilted before the bazaar too.

Hubby and I made our first batch of salsa yesterday. 12 pints. Lots more
to do...

Babs

Old September 13th 04, 04:52 PM
DQLTS

Barb
When is the bazaar this year and is it in the same place?
DH would like to try the salsa this year.
I guess your feeling a little better if you are getting things
done for the bazaar.

Diana in Dallas

Old September 14th 04, 02:20 PM
David & Barbara Schmidt

The Bazaar is the first weekend in December. Yes, it will be at the
church. I'll be mailing the locals here a flyer as soon as we have them
ready. I'm going to have the salsa, the leftover stockings from last
year (CHEAP!) and all this stuff I'm working on now. Might also try
making some spicy pecans if I have time. LOL.

Babs

Old September 13th 04, 05:45 PM
CNYstitcher

Hey Babs.....what do I have to do to order some of your salsa?? DH
likes it as many alarm hot as possible, I'm a so mild it's barely more
than a tomato...lol Would love to get some for him for the stocking
this year - he's a junk-food-junkie

Larisa

Old September 13th 04, 05:58 PM
Diana Curtis

Oooh.. Larisa... I'm pretty sure you didnt mean to imply that salsa is junk
food... its full of vitamins and all sorts of other things that make it just
plain old fashioned good! DH isnt eatting it on top of fried pork rinds is
he? :-)
Diana

--
Heart and soul can make up for technical lacking in any form of art, but let
the heart be lacking and all the perfection means nothing.

.. .

Old September 13th 04, 06:02 PM
CNYstitcher

nono!! but the chips are junk food. When he adds the salsa, I'm
actually glad...it's one of the few ways I can get him to eat
vegetables!!!! However, he *does* eat pork rinds...blech!

Old September 13th 04, 06:19 PM
Diana Curtis

I seem to remember hearing that there are baked chips that are pretty darn
good. That would make them healthier anyway.
Mmmmmmm fresh home made salsa.. on eggs.. scrambled cause it slides right
off the fried ones. :-)
Diana