Yarn source

Old October 15th 08, 11:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit
Laura of San Diego

Default Yarn source

Hi. I'm just getting started with machine knitting. I've done hand
knitting for a long time and wanted to expand my horizons. I have a
standard gauge Brother KnitKing and a little yarn. I'm looking for
websites where I can get more yarn to work with. My local yarn shops
carry mostly balls and hanks. My teacher suggests that I get cones.
I would appreciate any help.

Laura
Old October 16th 08, 01:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit
Pogonip[_2_]

Laura of San Diego wrote:
Hi. I'm just getting started with machine knitting. I've done hand
knitting for a long time and wanted to expand my horizons. I have a
standard gauge Brother KnitKing and a little yarn. I'm looking for
websites where I can get more yarn to work with. My local yarn shops
carry mostly balls and hanks. My teacher suggests that I get cones.
I would appreciate any help.

Laura

My favorite source is Stephanie's. She lists on eBay, and also has a
web site. http://www.sumi-soft.com/yarn/
NAYY
--
Joanne
stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us.earth.milky-way.com
Old October 17th 08, 08:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit
steelbreeze

On Oct 15, 11:00*pm, Laura of San Diego wrote:
Hi. *I'm just getting started with machine knitting. *I've done hand
knitting for a long time and wanted to expand my horizons. *I have a
standard gauge Brother KnitKing and a little yarn. *I'm looking for
websites where I can get more yarn to work with. *My local yarn shops
carry mostly balls and hanks. *My teacher suggests that I get cones.
I would appreciate any help.

Laura

Ebay is a great source of coned yarn if you want it cheap to practice
with! I can't really help you as I am in the UK. Good luck!

PS sock yarn eg Regia, Opal, works great on the std km - I wind it
into a centre-pull ball first, though.
Old January 17th 09, 07:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit
patty-anne

You will find a treasure trove of older machine manuals to print out on
http://www.undyarns.co.uk/acatalog/manual.html

I used this when I lost my 970 manual

patty-anne
Victoria BC

Old March 17th 11, 01:58 PM
JennyL JennyL is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura of San Diego View Post

Hi Laura, Was just going to suggest www.bsk.co.uk, but noticed that you are in San Diago! Perhaps go to www.google.com and enter 'Machine Knitting Yarn on Cones' and see what comes up - that's what I did! - or you can buy a Hague Electric Wool Winder about £120 UK to rewind balls of wool on to cones for machine knitting. Good luck with your knitting! Jenny L, UK.
Old January 3rd 17, 10:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit
[email protected]

On Wednesday, October 15, 2008 at 3:00:10 PM UTC-7, Laura of San Diego wrote:
Hi. I'm just getting started with machine knitting. I've done hand
knitting for a long time and wanted to expand my horizons. I have a
standard gauge Brother KnitKing and a little yarn. I'm looking for
websites where I can get more yarn to work with. My local yarn shops
carry mostly balls and hanks. My teacher suggests that I get cones.
I would appreciate any help.

Laura

This is sadly out of date, as I just discovered your post while trying to figure out how to get back into my Google group for Passap E6000 and DM80 machines. Newton's Yarn Farm in Orange, CA has quite a bunch of cone yarn. They do have a few items in wool, but the majority of the inventory seems to be acrylic yarn, which I don't like to use much. They also have classes on various types of knitting machines, a few tools, etc. A good source. Kind of a long drive, but if you want to check them out, try googling their name and see what comes up. They also have a booth at various knitting shows around the country. I found they had a pretty good set up at the Knitting and Crocheting Guild show last year out in hotel row in San Diego. Good luck with your search.