Inspirations magazine

Old September 9th 09, 03:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
The Lady Gardener[_3_]

Default Inspirations magazine

If it makes it better that price is AU$, the US$ is approx $160!

I've been a subscriber to Inspirations for many years, partially to support
an Australian business, partially to support the designers, who are mainly
Australian, and partially to support stitchers like me who know that if you
want a business that provides you with products and fresh designs you've got
to support them - especially in this country (Australia), where the
population base doesn't support a great number of embroidery related stores.

I have to agree with the previous poster who said that Inspirations is
quality magazine, printed on quality paper and it caters for a wide cross
section of embroiderers, some editions you want to do all the projects,
others none, but they are as the name suggests inspirational.

Cheers

Joanne in West Aust.

wrote in message
They are inspiring, and I peeked at the latest one at Barnes & Noble
the other day - saw the washerwoman thread painting project and fell
in lust, er, love. Deciding if I want to part with $16 for it though,
as none of the other projects, while very nice, really appealed to me.

linda

Oh, if you want to see the project, they offer it as a kit for
$190.. .

http://www.countrybumpkin.com.au/pro...ucts_id=435550

or http://tinyurl.com/mox7wz

Old September 10th 09, 11:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nickname unavailable

I haven't purchased a copy in a long time, now, but I peek now and
again. *I have quite a collection. *Have only accomplished two projects,
one because of our resident guru John O'Leary. *I find them inspiring.

Dianne

Sorry, Dianne, but I had to laugh at the "guru" bit. But I have to
agree with you that Inspirations is one of the very best magazines,
even if you just look and never do any of the projects. Most of the
designs are much too girly for me, but that's just me. Most times I
visit Adelaide I have to do a pilgrimage to Country Bumpkin to see
what's new, and to have a look at those projects in the flesh, as it
were.

And I'm off to Adelaide on the 19th of this month to do some more
Japanese stuff. Can't wait!!

Best wishes to you, and I hope you're well.

John
Old September 10th 09, 02:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dianne Lewandowski

Nickname unavailable wrote:
I haven't purchased a copy in a long time, now, but I peek now and
again. I have quite a collection. Have only accomplished two projects,
one because of our resident guru John O'Leary. I find them inspiring.

Dianne

Sorry, Dianne, but I had to laugh at the "guru" bit. But I have to
agree with you that Inspirations is one of the very best magazines,
even if you just look and never do any of the projects. Most of the
designs are much too girly for me, but that's just me. Most times I
visit Adelaide I have to do a pilgrimage to Country Bumpkin to see
what's new, and to have a look at those projects in the flesh, as it
were.

And I'm off to Adelaide on the 19th of this month to do some more
Japanese stuff. Can't wait!!

Best wishes to you, and I hope you're well.

John

Warm "hello" back at you and yours.

I agree . . . many of the designs are ultra feminine. My daughter even
complained about that. But overall, it accomplishes what it sets out to
do: inspire.

Dianne
Old September 10th 09, 03:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 9/10/09 8:39 AM, in article ,
"Lucille" wrote:

"Ericka Kammerer" wrote in message
Lucille wrote:

"Ericka Kammerer" wrote in message

And $75 a year for a subscription. . . .

Well worth it, though, in my opinion. They have gorgeous
projects. I like looking at other magazines, but rarely find
projects I want to do for myself in them. I drool over most of
what's in Inspirations, though I suppose whether you like it
that much has a lot to do with what sorts of projects you enjoy.

Note to Lucille from self:

Too much money, too expensive, much too much money. You DO NOT
need
this. You can not afford this. DO NOT look again.

Cooooooooome....cooooommmmeee over to the dark side....

;-)

Gee Thanks A Lot--It's so good to know that you can always depend on your
friends at RCTN to be helpful. lol

It was an evening of "small annoyances" and another night of waking up at
odd hours. A giggle helped keep me on a more even keel. The hour in the
garden finished the job...

I can't remember the last time I had a "good" night's sleep. I wasn't even
a good sleeper when I was a kid and now if I sleep a steady 4 or 5 hours
without waking up 3 times I consider that a fabulous night. That's when I
catch up on all the garbage on TV like the gossip shows, or the Food channel
or there's always a Law & Order show to be seen.

Old September 10th 09, 03:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Lucille wrote:

[...]

CSI (prefer the original or NY), old game shows, strange British TV and such
on those really bad nights if the computer holds no interest.

Those old game shows could be a college thesis for some social history type.

Off to the errands...

Cheryl

Old September 10th 09, 04:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Trish Brown

[...]

Oh, I dunno about that, Johnno! When DD was a baby, I made a little
romper suit out of Inspirations magazine. It was navy two-way stretch
and had tiny bullion stitch teddy bears all over it, but that didn't
stop her from looking like a wee guerilla (gorilla? no, guerilla!),
especially when she wore the matching skullcap! There was *nothing*
girly about that design atall atall. LOL! (NB. the bullion stitch
teddies were great fun to do and so I sprinkled them all over her bibs
and socks and so on and so forth).

Do you have a particular project in mind for the Japanese classes? If
it's anything like your stunning camellia, it'll be outta this world!

--
Trish Brown {|:-}

Newcastle, NSW, Australia