Looking for stitching frame cover

Old January 7th 09, 01:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
240lenox

Default Looking for stitching frame cover

Hi Group,
I've seen these on the internet and in mail order catalogs but now that I
want some, doggone I can't find any. These are sewn quilt-like covers that
gather over a needlework frame to protect the extra fabric outside the frame
from soil, etc. I've looked for needlework stitching covers, mittens,
frame protection, etc. but so far the only one I've found is for frame bars
where a piece of elastic attached to the fabric cover is hooked over the
frame knobs to hold it in place. One that I saw just recently was made
specifically for Q-Snaps frames. The fabric was stitched with elastic, all
in one piece that would fit around all four sides of the frame. They came
in various frame sizes. This is the one I want, or one that fits like a
glove over the length of one side. Can someone help me find these on line?
Thanks so much for any help,
Kathy T in MI

Old January 7th 09, 02:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

240lenox wrote:
[...]

Hang on a minute. There is someone on the 1-2-3 board who makes and
sells these things for Qsnaps.

I have posted a message, and will post back here ASAP.

Gillian
Old January 7th 09, 02:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Gillian Murray wrote:
240lenox wrote:
[...]

The lady's name is Barb, and you can email her at the address below. She
has an Ebay store too, and am sure she can route you there. Just tell he
it is from 1-2-3 Board member, and hopefully you will be well-treated.

It is Barb: trulyn2stitching AT yahoo.com

Gillian
Old January 7th 09, 01:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

240lenox wrote:
[...]

Along these lines..... This is why I mount my fabric in the frame,
Q-Snaps, hoop -- whatever holding device I am currently using -- "upside
down" sort of. The face of the fabric and the top side of the stitching
is BELOW the top of the holding device -- sort of down in a well. This
way, when you set your work down on the table or chair or whatever,
either the back side of the stitching OR the holding device itself is
what touches the table -- NOT your stitching. By mounting my fabric
this way, I can more easily (IMNSHO) roll up any excess fabric towards
the frame and then just pin it to itself so that the face of the fabric
is to the inside and doesn't get grungy. CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary
Old January 7th 09, 06:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
240lenox

Thanks Gillian, I have sent her an email. Sure hope she can direct me to
one of these things!
Kathy

Old January 7th 09, 06:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
240lenox

Thanks! I do what you do on some things especially on needlepoint done on a
floor frame. The cross stitch I'm going to be doing is only about 30 x 30
and I want to do it in Q-snaps which never hold in a floor frame adequately
(for me anyway). I like it better in the Q-snap to just hold it on my lap.
When I saw those covers I wished I had bought them then. I've also used
pillow cases to hold extra material esp. when doing a cross-stitch afghan
where there is so much fabric. But in this case I think the pillow case
would just be in the way. But will give it a try if I can't find the covers
I wanted.
Thanks to all for your suggestions.
Kathy T in MI

Old January 7th 09, 11:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
240lenox

I've looked for needlework
stitching covers, mittens, frame protection, etc. but so far the only
one I've found is for frame bars where a piece of elastic attached to
the fabric cover is hooked over the frame knobs to hold it in place.
One that I saw just recently was made specifically for Q-Snaps frames.
The fabric was stitched with elastic, all in one piece that would fit
around all four sides of the frame. They came in various frame sizes.

The lady's name is Barb, and you can email her at the address below. She
has an Ebay store too, and am sure she can route you there. Just tell he
it is from 1-2-3 Board member, and hopefully you will be well-treated.

It is Barb: trulyn2stitching AT yahoo.com

Gillian

Thanks so much Gillian. I found her listings and have order 3 of them in
various sizes. They are exactly what I wanted.

Kathy T in MI

Old January 8th 09, 12:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

240lenox wrote:

[...]

Golly gee...for once I was really helpful. The 1-2-3 group is one that I
scan through rapidly...I don't have enough time to spare for everyone's
problems VBG

Anyway I had seen her list these things in a variety of fabrics, kitties
too TM!

See, Kathy, check in here more often and you will find a multitude of
unimportant to most, but important to one, material.

HTH

Gillian
Old January 8th 09, 01:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
240lenox

[...]

I've read this group forever, but hardly ever have anything to contribute,
just questions now and then. I've found everyone so helpful when I have a
stitching problem. I don't know about a 1-2-3 group...... can you give me a
link?
Thanks again,
Kathy

Old January 8th 09, 03:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

240lenox wrote:

[...]

It is a very busy chat group owned by Joanne of 1-2-3.com, an online
stitchy store.

The direct link is:

http://www.123stitch.com/cgi-bin/BBS/bbs_forum.cgi

RCTN is my "home" but I do skim through some of the posts that catch my
eye on 1-2-3 most days.

Mostly different folk, but it all depends on what you are comfortable with.

Gillian