100 Most Beautiful Words in the English Language

Old October 28th 09, 01:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

Default 100 Most Beautiful Words in the English Language

On 10/28/09 8:56 AM, " wrote:

A couple of family words:

Ozarchitecture - tacky yard stuff, especially tires half buried and
used as decorations
Entrange - The range of prices at a restaurant

linda

Excellent words.

With my wondrous Caribou coffee job I declared "cupifiing" - putting stuff
into the cup, my Asst Mnger replied with"cupification", which went on to
"clutchify" and "clutchification" - those insulating sleeve things are
called clutches in 'Bou land. Important terms when doing a very busy
espresso bar in a store with a drive-thru and inside service.

Sadly, our new store manager (called "dimrod" by my DH) can't spell, and
after posting a trivia question using "Team's" for a plural, with
"proffesional" in the same question, he first argued, then didn't change
them saying people would think it's funny. Not. The entire day the
customers were regularly commenting, not in a happy, positive way - more to
the "is he an idiot" way. It's the DC area, these folks are all about their
gifted children and hi-tech jobs (though it's a very nice neighborhood in
friendliness).

Words are just so much fun.

Ellice - who has to run to go to EGA meeting. Yeah. I'm actually going to
stitch.....though not the program which is being "taught" by someone who
knows about nothing of canvas, it's a canvas piece, and the chapter is
loaded with skilled canvasworkers (not to mention the many who are published
designers, teachers, etc). But, what the heck....it should be amusing for
listening (trust me, some of us have nicknamed this person Baroness
Munchausen, the drama queen for her many unbelievable incidents and rude
interrupting of teachers) So, sorry for my snippet of mean - I'm girding
up.

Old October 28th 09, 03:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Oct 27, 2:01*pm, "Lucille" wrote:

This isn't really a word, just something a bright kid that worked for me
came up with. *I always loved it. * * * * * "generalfedupedness"

Okay, since we're now into made-up words, here's one I came up with
recently for those of us who live in the colder climes: snizzling
snowing & drizzling at the same time.

Joan
Old October 28th 09, 04:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Oct 28, 10:49*am, "Joan E." wrote:
On Oct 27, 2:01*pm, "Lucille" wrote:

This isn't really a word, just something a bright kid that worked for me
came up with. *I always loved it. * * * * * "generalfedupedness"

Okay, since we're now into made-up words, here's one I came up with
recently for those of us who live in the colder climes: * snizzling
snowing & drizzling at the same time.

Joan

When it's sleet and rain, we call it "Sleazing" lol!