Please help with my dilemma

Old January 19th 04, 04:15 PM
merrystitch

Default Please help with my dilemma

Last week I went to the first of 2 classes to make a Jack In The Box quilt.
It is to be a Christmas gift for my youngest son & his wife. The lady at
the LQS helped me to coordinate fabrics in purples & yellow (DIL's
choice)and we chose to add some green, We decided on 5 different fabrics for
the jacks, 6 blocks each. There were only 2 of us in class, but the other
lady had never made a quilt, didn't even know how to use a rotary cutter, so
you can imagine how much teaching really went on that was of value to me. I
came home having made one unequal nine patch, a single goose chase diagonal
and one stripe unit. To say I was disappointed in the class was an
understatement, but the LQS owner is a friend, so I tried to be
understanding. The next evening I decided to go ahead and cut all my fabric
only to learn the measurements she gave me only allowed for 5 blocks of each
fabric choice. So do I just go ahead & purchase one more coordinating
fabric or do I purchase more of each original choice to make 6 blocks each?

Question #2: Last night I was stitching away, making 8 goose chase units &
8 stripe units so I could assemble 2 more blocks before class. I stitched
the stripe units to the goose chase units, pressed all the seams open & laid
out the blocks to make sure I had everything going in the right direction.
HALT!!! Seems I had made the stripe units in the wrong direction--instead
of assembling them upper right corner to lower left corner, I made them
lower right corner to upper left corner. Do I just put those away for
future use on another project & buy more fabric, or do I just go ahead & use
them?

I just signed up for webshots & am very unsure of it all, but I think this
is the link you'll need to see my photos.
http://community.webshots.com/user/mharris216

Thanks for your help
Merrystitch

Attached Images

Old January 19th 04, 04:16 PM
cozy

Hey Merrystitch, you have a setting off that you need to turn on, box check
or whatever format it's in, because you don't have any albums available for
public display _yet_.

--
email: change the word cozy to cozyhomelife and change the word netscape to
net

&