What's Frank getting Brenda?

Old December 1st 07, 04:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Default What's Frank getting Brenda?

Someone mentioned Frank usually pops in here to ask
about presents for Brenda this time of year. Not
sure where he has been (maybe busy building her the
house?) I saw this and thought it would be a neat
gift:
http://www.hinterberg.com/caddy/ncaddy-default.html

If John is around I wonder what he thinks of this
thing. It is really smart but pretty pricey for
what it does. Totally tricked out at nearly 1K
seems a tad over the top to me.

NAYY, Taria

Old December 1st 07, 04:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Good night!!! That's just a tad less than I spent on my sewing table,
cutting table (including the tops) and all my cabinets in my sewing studio-
total! Sheesh!!!

Leslie, The Cheapskate, Missy & The Furbabies in MO.

Old December 1st 07, 05:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

I thought for sure this was a lead in to another nasty troll attack,
lol

Sunny
Old December 1st 07, 11:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Valerie in FL

The Stanton carts at homedecorators.com are much more reasonable. NAYY

--
Valerie in FL
My quilts and stuff: http://community.webshots.com/user/vjkahler

Old December 1st 07, 12:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Nov 30, 11:07 pm, Taria wrote:
Someone mentioned Frank usually pops in here to ask
about presents for Brenda this time of year. Not
sure where he has been (maybe busy building her the
house?) I saw this and thought it would be a neat
gift:http://www.hinterberg.com/caddy/ncaddy-default.html

If John is around I wonder what he thinks of this
thing. It is really smart but pretty pricey for
what it does. Totally tricked out at nearly 1K
seems a tad over the top to me.

NAYY, Taria

It looks fine. I am mot that in love with the overall look of it
though. I would think most people would baulk at the price. Most
Hinterberg pricing is toward the high end of the spectrum. I have
looked at their quilting machine frames and think they are overpriced
for me. Others may not feel as I do, though.

John
Old December 1st 07, 01:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
WitchyStitcher

Nice. I'd seen the ad and had wondered about the price. It's amazing
what we can spend on this stuff, isn't it?

On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 04:07:15 GMT, Taria
wrote:

Someone mentioned Frank usually pops in here to ask
about presents for Brenda this time of year. Not
sure where he has been (maybe busy building her the
house?) I saw this and thought it would be a neat
gift:
http://www.hinterberg.com/caddy/ncaddy-default.html

If John is around I wonder what he thinks of this
thing. It is really smart but pretty pricey for
what it does. Totally tricked out at nearly 1K
seems a tad over the top to me.

NAYY, Taria

Linda
PATCHogue, NY
Old December 1st 07, 02:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bonnie Patterson[_2_]

I saw that too, I think I need one but not at that price. I have an
old sewing chest (lots of drawers, about 14''x14''x20" high) in the
basement that I think I can add wheels to and put file folder like
bins on the side. It would be a lot cheaper.

Bonnie, in Middletown, VA

Old December 1st 07, 03:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

http://www.hornofamerica.com/product...nc=view&pID=71
This is what will be under my tree:
store had it listed at $550.00 but I had a coupon from the store for 25%
off. They honored the coupon.
DH shopped for it online and came close to that price before the coupon
including shipping of over $60.00.
So, I guess it really isn't that overpriced.

It IS heavy (about 60 to 80 lbs) don't remember which for sure.

When we were 'shopping' for shelving for the Butterfly Studio we had local
carpenters give us prices...saints preserve us! We haven't won a lottery
ticket so we went to a 'used' shelving place and came home with some BRAND
NEW--ordered but never claimed shelving.

If you really want something like this SHOP AROUND. You may get something
close to but affordable.

HTH
Butterfly

Old December 1st 07, 03:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

I have finally decided after 'replacing the cheaper stuff cause it didn't
make it thru the last move that the pricier but LONGER LASTING-- no need to
replace it-- is cheaper FOR ME in the long run. I take the price and divide
it by how many YEARS I expect to use/have it. Then we look at the budget
and decide if we can afford it.
That is how I got the Horn Cabinet a coupla Christmases ago (now that was a
complete surprise)...and the caddy this year. (Also, Mr J has gone back to
work for a lil bit--he's been off for the last 2 weeks and with this
rain.....
PRAY he finds a better steadier job. He has an app in for one that we BOTH
can live with. They're starting the interviews this week. I still TG every
day that he IS ABLE to work once again but with serious limitations.) I
never would have dreamed of it a year ago.

Thus being able to get the caddy....(it will be from the 3 of them: DH and
Kidlets I can hannel it

Butterfly

Old December 1st 07, 06:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Default Caddy for supplies was What's Frank getting Brenda?

Taria: I've noticed this in a couple magazines
recently. It is way too pricey for me. I've been
thinking that one could fabricate a similar caddy using
kitchen cabinet parts. Of course, John could make one
from scratch, but his would be a work of art!
PAT in VA/USA

What Brenda Got flytyer37 Quilting 30 January 22nd 06 03:09 PM
OT - Brenda how's the knee! Cheryl Isaak Needlework 20 March 13th 04 11:49 AM
What Brenda Got For Xmas Francis Reid Quilting 7 January 1st 04 08:46 PM
Frank - another idea for Brenda The Brown Family Quilting 27 December 28th 03 07:07 AM
What Brenda is getting for Xmas Frank Reid Quilting 12 December 22nd 03 11:26 AM