A Book for Kitty

Old April 6th 10, 02:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default A Book for Kitty

Have you seen 'The Cats Meow' by Janet Kime? She calls it purr-fect
quilts for cat lovers. She knows her cats because all of her designs have
'attitude'.
Just now I'm making 'Puss in Bonnets'. It's a fun relative of SunBonnet
Sue. These blocks have whiskers, paws, and tails plus a surprise with ears
on the bonnets. With just a quick glance, the quilt appears to be the usual
SunBonnet. Up close, you just have to laugh. It's a hoot. Polly

Old April 6th 10, 05:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

I have that book! So cute!
Roberta in D

Old April 6th 10, 05:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Polly Esther wrote:
Have you seen 'The Cats Meow' by Janet Kime? She calls it purr-fect
quilts for cat lovers. She knows her cats because all of her designs
have 'attitude'.
Just now I'm making 'Puss in Bonnets'. It's a fun relative of
SunBonnet Sue. These blocks have whiskers, paws, and tails plus a
surprise with ears on the bonnets. With just a quick glance, the quilt
appears to be the usual SunBonnet. Up close, you just have to laugh.
It's a hoot. Polly

That sounds fun. Pix please, when you are done!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old April 6th 10, 08:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Allison

Polly Esther wrote:
Have you seen 'The Cats Meow' by Janet Kime? She calls it purr-fect
quilts for cat lovers. She knows her cats because all of her designs
have 'attitude'.
Just now I'm making 'Puss in Bonnets'. It's a fun relative of
SunBonnet Sue. These blocks have whiskers, paws, and tails plus a
surprise with ears on the bonnets. With just a quick glance, the quilt
appears to be the usual SunBonnet. Up close, you just have to laugh.
It's a hoot. Polly

I love that book! A while back I even started a Puss in Bonnets quilt
for my youngest daughter. But after doing one block of hand applique I
called it quits and she got a different quilt. A couple of months ago
I dug out the pattern and did one more block with machine applique on
heavy fabric - made a very nice tote bag for her!

Allison
Old April 7th 10, 02:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
dealer83

On Apr 6, 2:13*pm, Allison wrote:
Polly Esther wrote:
* *Have you seen 'The Cats Meow' by Janet Kime? *She calls it purr-fect
quilts for cat lovers. *She knows her cats because all of her designs
have 'attitude'.
* *Just now I'm making 'Puss in Bonnets'. *It's a fun relative of
SunBonnet Sue. These blocks have whiskers, paws, and tails plus a
surprise with ears on the bonnets. *With just a quick glance, the quilt
appears to be the usual SunBonnet. *Up close, you just have to laugh. *
It's a hoot. *Polly

I love that book! A while back I even started a Puss in Bonnets quilt
for my youngest daughter. *But after doing one block of hand applique I
called it quits and she got a different quilt. * *A couple of months ago
I dug out the pattern and did one more block with machine applique on
heavy fabric - made a very nice tote bag for her!

Allison

I haven't seen the book or the patterns, so when you can, please post
a photo, Polly! It sure sounds darling.........Donna
Old April 7th 10, 02:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Valerie in FL

I have that book and forgot it had that pattern in it. DH and I are doing a
2 week road trip to the MI UP next week; that would be a perfect project to
work on.

--
Valerie in FL
My quilty stuff: http://community.webshots.com/user/vjkahler

Old April 7th 10, 03:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Valerie, I approached the pattern by deciding what was going to be a bit
fiddly. The only little tedium was kitty's ears. So. I made the bonnets -
lined them with the same fabric and turned right side out. Did the same
with those little ears. Once I had the ears appliquéd onto the bonnets, the
rest of Puss in Bonnet was just as easy as could be. Maybe you could get
that step fought and won before you hit the road. I'm so glad you're going
to make this one. It will always bring a smile or a LOL. Polly

Old April 7th 10, 09:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy E

Howdy!

Cute, for su
http://tinyurl.com/yefja3p

R/Sandy - http://tinyurl.com/ycsy6ng

Old April 7th 10, 11:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

WHoooEEee. Thank you so much, RSandy. So glad to show everybody and so
good to study another PB. There's just heaps of opportunity to interpret
this one. My block background has the kitties on a sort of sandy beige with
cat paw random tracks. I think they're cat tracks. Do cats have 4 toes?
Polly

Old April 8th 10, 08:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

Having cut many hundreds of kitty claws over the years, I can tell you
that front paws have five toes, and back paws have four!!
Mind you, have you ever noticed that most cartoon humans are shown with
three fingers and a thumb? g So, in 'art' perhaps anything goes!!

(And don't forget the polydactyls g).
..
In message , Polly Esther
writes
WHoooEEee. Thank you so much, RSandy. So glad to show everybody and
so good to study another PB. There's just heaps of opportunity to
interpret this one. My block background has the kitties on a sort of
sandy beige with cat paw random tracks. I think they're cat tracks.
Do cats have 4 toes? Polly

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green

Hello Kitty!! den361 Quilting 0 June 26th 09 06:32 PM
OT who's kitty? Polly Esther[_2_] Quilting 4 June 25th 08 11:29 AM
Bad kitty! Jinx the Minx Needlework 12 March 13th 08 08:41 AM
kitty Pami Quilting 8 June 3rd 07 07:21 PM
Hello Kitty Gallagher Yarn 1 February 2nd 05 05:29 PM