New SM on order

Old December 29th 09, 02:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C.

Default New SM on order

I want to thank everyone who shared their favorite FMQ sewing machine
with me. Everybody's response helped me with the research. Believe me,
I looked at every machine you all listed. I've just ordered the Juki
TL98Q. While the machines with the computerized specialty stitches look
wonderful, I'll never use those stitches. I just need a solid quilting
machine. Was torn between the Juki and the Brother PQ1500s for some
time, but finally was able to make a decision.

So now, I'll be anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new machine, and
then I'll probably have some serious FMQ questions for you! LOL!

Michelle in Nevada
Old December 29th 09, 03:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

so it should be arriving Wednesday i presume.
have a great day with your present to yourself.
j.

"Michelle C." wrote ...

Old December 29th 09, 01:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

I went over to see what you'd decided on - and wow! What a brilliant
choice. Looks like everything you could dream for and more. Will you have
a dealer to prep it and make sure you know how to get going or will you be
on your own, so to speak? We'll be here with chocolate and sympathy, of
course, but it is nice to have some 'in person' guidance. Congratulations,
Polly

Old December 29th 09, 05:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C.

Not sure of the exact date of arrival. The company has two days to
process the order, and as of now, it hasn't shipped yet. I'm thinking
with the upcoming New Year's holiday, it may not arrive until next week.

That's okay. We have a new storage cabinet to assemble in the meantime.

Best regards,
Michelle in Nevada

Old December 29th 09, 05:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C.

Thanks Taria. :-) Yes, everyone on the Juki yahoo group just raves
about their machines. My mom and I are pretty excited about it.

Michelle in Nevada

Old December 29th 09, 05:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C.

Hi Polly,

Alas no, we'll have no dealer help. The nearest dealer is in Phoenix,
and we're 60 miles west of Las Vegas. Fortunately, there is Juki yahoo
group with a lot of very helpful people. Not quite the same as in
person, but a good resource nonetheless. Many of them are in the same
boat as I am about having no dealer nearby. The dealers seem to be
concentrated in only the major cities.

Best regards,
Michelle in Nevada

Old December 29th 09, 08:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Dec 28, 9:39*pm, "Michelle C."
wrote:
I want to thank everyone who shared their favorite FMQ sewing machine
with me. *Everybody's response helped me with the research. *Believe me,
I looked at every machine you all listed. *I've just ordered the Juki
TL98Q. While the machines with the computerized specialty stitches look
wonderful, I'll never use those stitches. *I just need a solid quilting
machine. *Was torn between the Juki and the Brother PQ1500s for some
time, but finally was able to make a decision.

So now, I'll be anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new machine, and
then I'll probably have some serious FMQ questions for you! *LOL!

Michelle in Nevada

You should enjoy the new machine. That was one of the two that I
considered when, I bought my Janome 1600. I chose the Janome because
there was a local dealer to service it, if needed. There was no Juki
dealer anywhere hereabouts, so that kind of cinched the deal, but Juki
is one of the largest makers of industrial sewing machines, and those
machines are some of the most highly rated. I have long lusted after a
Juki industrial, but I don't have any room for another machine. So if
there is any trickle down effect, you should get many happy hours
sewing with it.

John
Old December 29th 09, 11:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C.

John wrote:
On Dec 28, 9:39 pm, "Michelle C."
wrote:
[...]

Thanks John. Yes, Juki dealers seem to be harder to come by than the
others. There is local Bernina dealer and Janome and Brother over in
Las Vegas. I wonder if maybe that's because Juki is just now making its
way into the home sewing market? (Although I realize the Juki TL98QE
has been out for some time.)

Anyway, we talked to our local Bernina dealer (a husband and wife team)
and he has worked on Jukis before, so I'm confident if it should need
attention he'll be able to do it--despite not being an "authorized" dealer.

Best regards,
Michelle in Nevada
Old December 30th 09, 12:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NanaWilson

OOOHHHHH! Michelle!! NEW SM!! I am so envious! G I keep telling DH
that I NEED another SM! I am just kidding him but.......now all this talk
of your new one & I'm feeling pangs 'O longingsigh I Really SHOULD have
another one 'cause I HATE ta take the walking foot off of my viking. g

Nana ......cold & wanting..................

"Michelle C." wrote in message
John wrote:
On Dec 28, 9:39 pm, "Michelle C."
wrote:
[...]

My JAF online order WitchyStitcher Quilting 3 December 1st 05 11:45 PM
Mail Order DMC 35c Karen C - California Needlework 3 August 19th 05 03:31 AM
Law and Order SVU OT KJ Quilting 20 January 22nd 05 03:35 AM
Order not paid for?? Empress Beads Beads 0 October 15th 04 09:38 PM
Order substitution Mary Shafer Beads 1 July 4th 03 07:26 AM