A Shopping we will go

Old August 1st 08, 05:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Default A Shopping we will go

This is a combo of BOTH trips.
Actually DID buy fabric : ) Told you bout the Amish trek last time so won't
repeat it.
This time we saw a lil corner store as we drove thru Pendleton OR (along the
Oregon trail). Next day after bkfst we specifically drove back into town for
me to fabric hunt : ) Got Gloria out (GPS that the Kidlets got us for
Mom/Dad's days gift--well worth the investment ; ) loaded in the destination
and followed her. took us right to the shop : )
Went in--(ppl VERY friendly) asked what they had that represented
Oregon--customers got into it with their suggestions--shop keeper and one
customer started searching--No salmon...No fish! Covered wagon? (Uppers, one
that has cowboys also--got it) Indians? (no...but we do have feathers--got
it) Rodeo? by golly, sure had a bit of that--got it. Now I'm sitting here
looking at it and lo and behold...Covered Wagon one has: Indians, covered
wagons, stagecoaches, buffalo, and a SAGUARO CACTUS (This is the Oregon
Trail one) on it. Rodeo one has the bull and clowns with barrels. and
lastly, picked up a precut packet of Christmas squares. Didn't take the time
to go thru the Pendleton Wool Factory as we were too early for the first
tour.
Other fabric stop was in Buffalo WY (we lived there for over a year), came
home with: Bear (Reminder of ONT trip), deer (our friend had deer in her
front yard), and moose (she didn't have any Buffalo!)
From our fav truck stop: Hot Balloon mobile; Antique stores in OR: 3 hankies
(one with a raised flower) small Pepsi round tin, small violet
basket-shaped vase(Perfect for mini-roses), and a Needlecraft magazine Dec
1929-PERFECT condition. (bagged so you couldn't see what was inside--had a
LC Quilt pattern on the front.)
From MT: laser cut wood Train napkin/letter holder , (2) olive wood and
(1) elk antler buttons. AND wild huckleberry syrup (for MY pancakes) MADE in
Montana.
SIL collects key rings (uses them on cabinet door knobs for ease of
opening..so I got a few for her: )One of a rose from Portland's
International Rose Garden (got myself a cup/saucer that has a carved
butterfly for the ear!) In ID, I got her one that is shaped like a tater : )
and in WY, I got 2 red headed DOLLSne for SIL and one for DS (He has a
thing for red-heads just like his daddy and NO, I don't have red hair : )

The majority of the 'shopping' was done in Truck Stops as "Baby" LOVES her
diesel fuel......all the way from $5.03 a gallon, down to $4.30, in AZ last
evening)

Nuff typing for now
Cyberhugs and Butterfly Kisses
Butterfly ( just gonna do another load of washin and go relaxticate in my
chair)

Old August 1st 08, 05:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in CNY

what fun!!! wish i was there....that would make a great postcard, eh?

VBG

amy in CNY

Went shopping.......... Marie Dodge[_3_] Quilting 2 February 9th 08 06:10 PM
Going shopping Patty in NWO Quilting 0 May 22nd 05 12:27 AM
OT - Shopping Kalera Stratton Beads 0 January 28th 05 05:39 AM
went shopping for mop Shirley Shone Beads 6 November 21st 03 10:45 PM
SHOPPING! Dr. Sooz Beads 3 July 5th 03 03:22 PM