well, that'll teach me..

Old August 23rd 06, 05:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Default well, that'll teach me..

Recently the ladies where my boyfriend works have been hounding him to
bring in some of my jewelry. I was meeting him up there last week after
I got out of work so we could go get some sushi, so he called me and
begged me to bring some of my jewelry in so they'd leave him alone.

Well, I gathered up a five necklaces, three bracelets, and a four pairs
of earrings that showed the range of work I do. Adam is an optician,
and the place he works at is located in the nicer end of the city. The
store he works at carries glasses made by Prada and Cartier (which are
ugly as hell, but one pair costs more than I make in a month).

While there, as his co-workers were oohing and ahhing over some of my
work, a customer waiting on her glasses saw it and went nuts over it,
pretty much. Then she asked me the dreaded question..

"Can I have your card?? You do have a card, right?"

I froze. For I have no cards. I never bothered making cards once I
stopped selling on ebay and my website has been down for over a year. I
figured I didn't really need them, as I pretty much only sell to the
women where I work and through word of mouth, now.

I offered her a post-it with my info on it, and told her my site should
be up shortly. D'oh! How professional did that look..a post-it! How
stupid was I for not making cards?? I have the software! I even have
cardstock, and a printer that's more than capable of printing up nice
looking cards! Stupid, stupid Amber! The woman was already carrying
about four bags from various high-end and very expensive stores.

Yeah, I've been kicking myself all week over that. But I'll tell you
what, it sure lit a fire under my rear. I'm getting my website back up
within the next few weeks and I will be printing cards this weekend.

Let that be a lesson to everyone who, like me, has ever thought "ah, I
don't need cards"

-Amber.

Old August 23rd 06, 07:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Jenn/Jalynne

Thanks for reminding me! I gave out the last one in my wallet the other
day....and I'm sure to need one while i'm out and about. Off to print right
now!

By the way, did you sell any?

--
Jenn/Jalynne
quilting, beads, scrapbooking, cross stitch and other 'crafti' obsessions

oups.com...

Old August 23rd 06, 08:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dr. Sooz

Amber -- instead of a post-it, you could've written it on the back of
your boyfriend's shop's card......

```````````````````````````````

Old August 24th 06, 01:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Or, say, "Oops, I forgot to bring some! I'll send some in with the bf
later!"

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com
ps.com...

Old August 24th 06, 10:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Dr. Sooz wrote:
Amber -- instead of a post-it, you could've written it on the back of
your boyfriend's shop's card......

```````````````````````````````

Their cards are printed on both sides, otherwise I would've!

-Amber.

Old August 24th 06, 10:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Jenn/Jalynne wrote:
Thanks for reminding me! I gave out the last one in my wallet the other
day....and I'm sure to need one while i'm out and about. Off to print right
now!

By the way, did you sell any?

--
Jenn/Jalynne

Not that day, but they've requested that I bring in stuff again on a
pay week, and when all the women are there to see. I'm about due to
take some more jewelry in to my own work, as well. I bought a jewelry
carrying case from ebay with some display trays that slot into the
case, so I'm waiting for that to arrive.

-Amber.

Old August 24th 06, 11:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beckibead

Amber -- Don't forget to GO BACK on the pay week, as requested. It
will be easy to be too busy, not have enough jewelry made up, etc. GO
ANYWAY.

If you are not creating, it will spur you to do so. If you have some
stuff, you will sell something. The most foolish thing you can do here
is not to go back. Make sure that you do.

Becki (who has made ALL the foolish mistakes herself, and therefore
speaks with authority!!!)

Old August 25th 06, 01:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Beckibead wrote:
Amber -- Don't forget to GO BACK on the pay week, as requested. It
will be easy to be too busy, not have enough jewelry made up, etc. GO
ANYWAY.

If you are not creating, it will spur you to do so. If you have some
stuff, you will sell something. The most foolish thing you can do here
is not to go back. Make sure that you do.

Becki (who has made ALL the foolish mistakes herself, and therefore
speaks with authority!!!)

Oh, I'll be going back next week for sure! The women keep pestering
Adam about when I'll be coming back, so if I don't go, he'll probably
raid my jewelry supply and take it in himself out of desperation. I go
up there every couple of weeks anyways just to say "hi" and maybe get
lunch with him, and I've been back there since I took my stuff in, and
was begged to bring it back so everyone else could see it. They won't
let me get away with not bringing more jewelry in!

I've got plenty made right now. I tend to plan my sale days way in
advance, and start making enough to be sure I've got a wide range to
show. There's a bead show coming up in about three weeks, and I always
take my jewelry to sell at work a few weeks before bead shows so I'll
have plenty of spending money.

-Amber.

Want to teach sewing Atom1 Sewing 10 March 11th 04 06:05 AM
Can I teach myself to quilt lbo7123 Quilting 35 January 21st 04 02:56 PM
Sorta OT - slight dilemna - to teach or not to teach Sharon Harper Quilting 16 December 21st 03 08:50 PM
Off to teach weaving today Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Yarn 30 October 28th 03 04:16 PM
Going to teach ! Diana Curtis Polymer Clay 4 October 18th 03 02:42 PM