OT house in DC

Old April 5th 05, 10:34 AM
Roberta Zollner

Default OT house in DC

With all these discussions of house selling and buying, thought somebody
might know of a nice place for my DD1. She just started a new job and hopes
to buy a place on the Maryland side of DC, but inside the Belt. She hates
commutes! Job is at Walter Reed, but I'm fuzzy on the exact location.

She's feeling discouraged, people keep outbidding her! And banks don't like
to give mortgages for more than the listed value, so her finances are
already stretched.
Roberta in D

Old April 5th 05, 01:32 PM
Cappy

She might need to consider outside the beltway along the subway line. DC's
housing prices are over the top. There is a nice condo complex behind the
Grosvenor Metro station off of Tuckerman Lane, and all kinds of
apartment/condo complexes up Rockville Pike near White Flint metro stations.
Neat little houses to the east of the Rockville metro... Plus she'd be near
G St Fabrics main store! grin

Cappy

Old April 6th 05, 03:49 AM
Scorpio

I'm sorry! It's so tough! We live in the city, and rent. It's super
expensive to buy in this area. If she's new to the area, I highly
recommend renting for a year before really deciding where she wants to
be.

She can contact me if she wants, I grew up in the area, but I'm not a
home owner (yet) so I'm not sure I can help.

There is someone at my office who is selling his house, and his wife
works at Walter Reed also. It's outside the beltway, but I'd be happy
to introduce if she's interested.

Best,
NS

Old April 8th 05, 04:21 AM
DrQuilter

is this the entomologist? my aunt will soon be selling a house in Silver
Spring... pretty near... how expensive or when I am not sure...

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out before replying)