if sofia behaves

Old March 19th 04, 06:19 PM
Dr. Quilter

Default if sofia behaves

we plan on going to La Conner this weekend and visit the quilt museum...
) - have to finish her star bunting first so she looks like maggie
from the simpsons!

question: my mom says I should not take her on walks to the park etc
until she is at least a month old - old school? (been typing with one
hand while she nurses, sorry if i sound unusually laconic!)
--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens

Old March 19th 04, 06:41 PM
Jalynne

Yep, definitely old school. I took Aleesha out when she was three days old, nothing
bad happened to her. I would keep people from touching her face, but just keep her
warm, maybe an extra layer, but that's all. I'm a pretty laid back mom in that
respect...and I don't worry about stuff like that so much. We went out to dinner the
day we got out of the hospital, and then shopping the next day (after a C-section no
less). Just keep hands washed, as you would generally. I think in a lot of ways
it's better to expose kids to "normal" germs, because they're less likely to get
seriously sick. IF someone has a virus, however, that's a different story...then I'd
say...forget it, and tell them to stay away. But for going on walks...no worries.
JMHO
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list
See what DH is up to at http://www.teamintraining.org/participant/kinney-162652

Old March 19th 04, 07:35 PM
Lina

"Dr. Quilter" wrote in message
we plan on going to La Conner this weekend and visit the quilt museum...
) - have to finish her star bunting first so she looks like maggie
from the simpsons!

question: my mom says I should not take her on walks to the park etc
until she is at least a month old - old school? (been typing with one
hand while she nurses, sorry if i sound unusually laconic!)
--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens
(take the dog out before replying)

Really old school stuff. Alena would have been going to the Renn Faire a
few days after birth if she weren't sick.
"There wasn't a tunnel from your house to the hospital" was my grand,a's
reply when I asked her.

Old March 19th 04, 07:42 PM
frood

My mother freaked when I took DD#1 to the mall 5 days after she was born.
Hey, I'd been on bedrest for 6 weeks before she was born - pure torture to a
mall rat like me! I remember asking my pediatrician about it, and he said
not to worry about outings. It's more likely to catch something from
somebody who holds her and doesn't wash their hands first.

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old March 19th 04, 07:47 PM
Diana Curtis

If you wear Sofie in a sling people will tend not to ask to hold her so
bringing her out is not only easy its safer, since people with colds wont
get so close. Its nice to be able to let them gaze adoringly from afar. :-)
*which, no doubt, they will*
Diana

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker

Old March 19th 04, 08:01 PM
Dr. Quilter

we've been 'out' but it's been from house to car to restaurant or
another closed place.. what she doesn't think I should do is have her
outside too long, like parks, etc...

Old March 19th 04, 08:03 PM
Dr. Quilter

BTW the sling (and the baby pouch, they gave me a snuggly) are killing
my back. I had escholiosis (sp?) as a child, and they told me pregnancy
would kill me, well, it didn't, but breastfeeding/carrying a
child/sitting in a bad position all day is... any tips?

Old March 19th 04, 08:54 PM
Diana Curtis

I hope someone gave you a Boppy pillow.. a donut shape thing for wearing
around your waist while nursing.. it helps support the babe and take stress
off your back. As far as the sling, can you spread the shoulder portion of
it out a bit more? I wore it partly down my arm, and while it constricted
movement it was nicer than holding her in my arms, or carrying a car seat.
When shes a bit older she can ride more on your hip. Thats nice, to be able
to change positions.
I hope you can find ways to continue to wear your little gem!
Diana

--

Diana Curtis wrote:

If you wear Sofie in a sling people will tend not to ask to hold her so
bringing her out is not only easy its safer, since people with colds

wont
get so close. Its nice to be able to let them gaze adoringly from afar.

:-)
*which, no doubt, they will*
Diana

Old March 19th 04, 08:59 PM
Ann Adamson

I know I took both my kids out way before that. And they're fairly normal
;^)

I think we took my first (who's now 11) out to a restaurant a couple of days
after he was born. With #2, we stopped at a restaurant on the way home from
the hospital the day after I had him! I took both the babies out strolling
during the day as soon as I was ready to get myself up and out of bed after
I delivered them. It is really important to keep them covered up because
that little is too little for sunscreen, but babies love to be out and
about! I remember Aaron - as soon as he could hold his head up himself -- I
would hold him up on my shoulder, and he would squirm and wriggle and try to
position himself and his head so the wind would blow right in his face! He
LOVED that! How funny. Anyway, I've digressed to a trip down memory lane
here, but I hope that helps.

:^)
Ann

Sofia photos Ellison Quilting 0 March 6th 04 07:17 PM
sofia Dr. Quilter Quilting 83 March 5th 04 07:17 PM