Color LaserJet Textile Printing

Old December 13th 05, 10:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Color LaserJet Textile Printing

Has anyone found a good way to get a picture onto fabric using a Color
LaserJet?

Thanks,

Ben
Old December 15th 05, 01:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I just finished 5 photo quilts for my neighbors Xmas list. I used June
Tailors "Sew-in Computer Printer Fabric" - 4 sheets per pack. It finishes
soft and comes in cream or white. I purchased it at Hancock's.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \

Old December 15th 05, 07:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

O man, I know I need to venture out and get my glasses....this subject was
right beside one with the word CHOCOLATE in the title, and I though it read
CHOCOLATE laser jet textile printing.

Old December 16th 05, 04:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

yes. looked great. but it washed off.

John A. wrote:
On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 15:12:53 -0700, Ben wrote:

Has anyone found a good way to get a picture onto fabric using a Color
LaserJet?

I doubt it. Laser printers work by shining a laser on a photosensitive
drum to create areas where toner will cling to it until it is
deposited on paper. The paper has to be within a particular range of
smoothness & roughness. Too rough and it won't contact the drum well
enough everywhere to pick up the toner entirely. Too smooth and the
toner can't grip when the fuser melts it into the paper. I'd say
fabric would be too rough to pick up the toner well, and I'm not sure
what effect being heated by the fuser would have on it.

JA

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out for a walk)
Old December 16th 05, 04:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

my printer is an inkjet printer...I don't know anything 'bout laserjet
stuff...sounds like might be expensive tho..

~~Ann in central Tx~~

Clothing label printing Dale Rollands Quilting 2 December 29th 04 04:13 PM
Clothing label printing Dale Rollands Sewing 1 December 29th 04 02:42 PM
Clothing label printing Dale Rollands Marketplace 0 December 29th 04 02:25 PM
textile manufacturers gopal Needlework 0 October 8th 04 05:00 PM
Pad printing on to glass ........? David K Glass 2 September 8th 04 09:08 AM