AD: JC Herrell Glass auctions ending soon!!!

Old August 28th 05, 10:35 PM
JC Herrell

Default AD: JC Herrell Glass auctions ending soon!!!

Lots of auctions ending tonight through Wednesday! And all of them
were made while camping! Here's an all purpose link:
http://stores.ebay.com/JC-Herrell-Glass

Ink Blink, a set in made in shades of transparent and pastel ink blue
(a phenomenal color, if you ask me) ends tonight along with Pine
forest floor, a set in dark purple brown, coral and grass green. Ah..
smell the fresh air!

On Monday Techno Fall-Out could be yours. It's a set of etched disks
in tones of amber, beige and teal - lots of energy in these beads!

A set done in Deep Island Plum called Deep Campground Plum (funny, JC!)
will end on Wednesday. This set is a great example of what just one
color can do!!!

And last, but certainly not least, you must see the Insane Campground
Posse. This is the first set of masks I've ever offered for sale.
The characters are all based on folks I met camping such as, Little
Miss Innocent (yeah right!) and Smelly Outhouse Dude. Check it out,
even if just for entertainment!

Pura vida!!!!!
JC
www.jcherrellglass.com
http://stores.ebay.com/JC-Herrell-Glass

Old August 29th 05, 06:07 AM
bluemaxx

I read about your little campground dudes the other night on eBay, JC
... laughed my ass off, too. )))))

ups.com...
:

Old August 29th 05, 10:00 PM
JC Herrell

Good! I'm glad I could bring a smile!!!

Pura vida!
JC

Old August 29th 05, 10:57 PM
Peggy

I stopped by too late to catch Ink Blink. They sound cool. My favorites of
what's left are Deep Island Plum. Insane Campground Posse is cute, too.

I'm curious: Did you take your kiln into the woods and run an electric line
from somewhere? Please excuse me if you've discussed this in another
thread. I've been bad about keeping up with messages, but I'm really
intrigued by the idea that you made beads while camping. It's been some
years now, but when I last camped all I did was cook, eat, and hike (so that
I could cook and eat some more).

Old August 29th 05, 11:52 PM
JC Herrell

Peggy, that's OK. For the first week I had electric so I did bring my
mailbox kiln. But the second week I had a remote site without electric
so I brought vermiculite. I started a fire first thing each morning
and made little hot coal beds to set the vermiculite pot. I got a get
carried away with the hot coals, though. After three days I burned
through the bottom of the pot and had to run to the nearest Goodwill to
replace it. It all turned out good, though. None of them cracked and
all of them made it safely into the kiln for a batch anneal once I got
home (just as good as annealing them right away). Next time, I'll just
skip the kiln. I was so concerned about rain and getting the kiln wet
that it was easier and more relaxing to just batch anneal. You can see
pictures from the adventure he
http://photobucket.com/albums/y297/j...glass/camping/ The second
picture is the vermiculite pot I burned through.

I did make time for hiking and swimming. I swam laps in the lake each
night at sunset and hiked around the lake each morning to build that
appetite! Camping alone creates a lot of time to get work and reading
done! It was bliss.

Pura vida,
JC

Old August 30th 05, 12:22 AM
Peggy

How cool! I can see the mandrels sticking out of the vermiculite. Well,
JC, you get my vote for most resourceful lampworker! Glad you enjoyed your
trip, and thanks for sharing those photos.

Old August 30th 05, 03:06 AM
JC Herrell

Thanks for the vote, Peggy!

Pura vida,
JC

Old August 30th 05, 04:48 AM
Dr. Sooz

I bid on First Snow. It KILLED me.

Old August 30th 05, 04:58 AM
JC Herrell

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm stoked, Sooz!

Smiles!
JC

Old August 30th 05, 05:01 AM
Dr. Sooz

JC said:
"AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm stoked, Sooz!"
~~~~~~~~~
That etched-with-clear-shiny-drops technique is one I've dreamed of
finding. How BEAUTIFULLY you did it, too.