Help from the US glass people, please?

Old October 6th 04, 11:10 AM
Su/Cutworks

Default Help from the US glass people, please?

I've been talking to the person I'm buying glass from for Mike, and we had a
chat about several things. Once we got the shoes and sealing wax thing out
of the way, the talk turned to more interesting things like finding cool
glass and frit.

They buy Moretti glass but aren't really too aware (since they don't hang
out on computers like some people do... *innocent look*) of all the tasty
bits of glass available to the US market. It isn't exactly a glass desert
here but it's definitely not glass heaven. I'd like to help change that if
I can in some small way. *putting on my Glass Enabler badge*

So, to give them some idea of where they could look to buy in bulk for
shipment to the UK, can any of you lovely lampworkers out there give me some
pointers for glass and frit suppliers? It would be a big boost in many
ways, as they'd be exposed to more types of glass, and we'd get more types
available to us from them, and other people who want glass could see the new
and cool things that the US has in abundance, and I don't mean candy corn!

Thanks to everyone in advance who can give me some directions to send on to
them. I also said I'd send them links to beads using the frits, so I
actually have an excuse to surf today! :-D

-Su (I'm not doing this just for me and Mike, oh no! I want MORE people in
the UK to have access to cool glass. Honest!)

Old October 6th 04, 01:31 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Su -
forgot to cc you on the message, but I know of a bullseye glass bulk buy
going on right now. LMK if you want the info.

Barb

Old October 6th 04, 02:30 PM
Su/Cutworks

Barb wrote:

forgot to cc you on the message, but I know of a bullseye glass bulk buy
going on right now. LMK if you want the info.

Thanks!

I'm doing this for the folk that we buy from, so I'll forward the info to
them if that's alright?

-Su

Old October 6th 04, 02:42 PM
JavaGirlBT

The other day Valorie Cox, on her store website, was looking for people
outside the US to be reps for her glass and frits. Maybe throw her an email
and see. www.glasspoet.com .
-Ellen

Old October 6th 04, 05:00 PM
Lori Greenberg

JavaGirlBT wrote:
The other day Valorie Cox, on her store website, was looking for people
outside the US to be reps for her glass and frits. Maybe throw her an email
and see. www.glasspoet.com .

I was going to reply the same thing, but the glasspoet.com site always
comes up as not found for me. Here's a link to here andale store, but I
can't find a working email for her:
http://www.andale.com/stores/sf_home...1&sfUrl=valcox

She can also be reached at wetcanvas.com, if you're familiar with that
community.

--
Lori Greenberg
www.beadnerd.com
Old October 6th 04, 06:03 PM
Su/Cutworks

Lori wrote:

The other day Valorie Cox, on her store website, was looking for people
outside the US to be reps for her glass and frits. Maybe throw her an

email
and see. www.glasspoet.com .

I was going to reply the same thing, but the glasspoet.com site always
comes up as not found for me. Here's a link to here andale store, but I
can't find a working email for her:
http://www.andale.com/stores/sf_home...1&sfUrl=valcox

She can also be reached at wetcanvas.com, if you're familiar with that
community.

Thanks! I'll pass this on to the people in question. The more they know
the more they'll be able to promote new glass in the UK.

I really appreciate the help here.

-Su

Old October 6th 04, 06:07 PM
Su/Cutworks

Thanks, Lori. I missed the original reply, something's very odd today with
the newsreader. And eBay, and my brain!

I've sent this off to the interested parties, fingers crossed they'll be
wanting to carry a good variety of glass for UK lampworkers.

I lurk on wetcanvas, but since I'm only a glass enabler, not a glass artist,
I just read and make notes and then lock Mike in the SHED with bunches of
glass.

-Su

Old October 6th 04, 06:46 PM
Dr. Sooz

So, to give them some idea of where they could look to buy in bulk for
shipment to the UK, can any of you lovely lampworkers out there give me some
pointers for glass and frit suppliers?

http://www.lampwork.net/soozlinkslist6.html#Lampworking
~~
Sooz
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. ~~Joseph Chilton
Pearce

Old October 6th 04, 07:03 PM
Karen_AZ

You can email Val at

KarenK

Old October 6th 04, 10:00 PM
Su/Cutworks

Sooz wrote:

So, to give them some idea of where they could look to buy in bulk for
shipment to the UK, can any of you lovely lampworkers out there give me

some
pointers for glass and frit suppliers?

http://www.lampwork.net/soozlinkslist6.html#Lampworking

:-)

The first link I sent them!

I figured I could get as wide a spectrum of ideas and they could take it
from there, but I warned them to be prepared to spend hours with your links.

-Su

For those who want to know.. Making Beach Glass With Your Tumbler! Harry Beads 7 December 22nd 03 09:19 PM
AD-Cleveland, OH December 6-7, 2003 Great Lakes States Intergalactic Bead Festival Phineas T Beadd Director National Bead Society Beads 0 November 26th 03 04:33 PM
AD-Great Lakes States Intergalactic Bead Festival Cleveland, OH December 6-7, 2003 Phineas T Beadd Director National Bead Society Beads 0 November 20th 03 08:48 PM
Lampworkers meijhana Beads 46 September 27th 03 04:14 AM
AD-Sept. 6-7, 2003 Birmingham, AL Magic City Intergalactic Bead Festival Phineas T Beadd Director National Bead Society Beads 0 September 3rd 03 02:08 PM