Happy Dance of a sort...

Old October 24th 10, 11:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jo Gibson[_2_]

Default Happy Dance of a sort...

My sewing machine is back home! The needle has been gradually drifting
to the left since I got it back in 2002 (I think). Recently it started
to hit my 1/4 inch patchwork foot. Sewing literally ground to a halt.
Mark took it in to our favourite repairman the day before we went on
holiday but when we got back, it the man was elusive, Mark couldn't get
over to Dundee to fetch it, etc, etc. But it is back now and sews so
well! Hurrah! Hand sewing is so incredibly slow and I'm so happy to
have my machine back.

-- Jo in Scotland
Old October 25th 10, 08:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sartorresartus

On Oct 24, 11:17*pm, Jo Gibson wrote:
My sewing machine is back home! *The needle has been gradually drifting
to the left since I got it back in 2002 (I think). *Recently it started
to hit my 1/4 inch patchwork foot. *Sewing literally ground to a halt.
Mark took it in to our favourite repairman the day before we went on
holiday but when we got back, it the man was elusive, Mark couldn't get
over to Dundee to fetch it, etc, etc. *But it is back now and sews so
well! *Hurrah! *Hand sewing is so incredibly slow and I'm so happy to
have my machine back. *

-- Jo in Scotland

Yey! It's lovely to have a machine back purring again. You seem to
get so used to it being onary and then, mirabile dictu! It's like
new.

Lots of excuses to use it now... just to see...

love
Nel
(Gadget Queen)
Old October 25th 10, 01:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak[_2_]

On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 17:17:26 -0500, Jo Gibson wrote
(in article ):

My sewing machine is back home! The needle has been gradually drifting
to the left since I got it back in 2002 (I think). Recently it started
to hit my 1/4 inch patchwork foot. Sewing literally ground to a halt.
Mark took it in to our favourite repairman the day before we went on
holiday but when we got back, it the man was elusive, Mark couldn't get
over to Dundee to fetch it, etc, etc. But it is back now and sews so
well! Hurrah! Hand sewing is so incredibly slow and I'm so happy to
have my machine back.

-- Jo in Scotland

happy dancing for you!

Maureen

Old October 25th 10, 02:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Not such happy news from here. Neighbor has a Viking Sapphire - less than a
year old. The Sapphires have a glitch with the thread uptake lever;
replacement parts on backorder for more than 6 weeks. She is surviving by
borrowing one of my Berninas. Nothing sews like a Bernina but the controls
are so very different from Viking that it's a real pain for her. And me.
She's asked "where is?" and "how do I?" until my ears are about to fall off.
We are very surprised at Viking. Polly