Looking for pattern

Old May 24th 06, 09:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Looking for pattern

I'm looking for a pattern for a black/white quilt with interlocking
circles -- not all full circles, but some with three-quarter or halfquarter
circles. TIA.

Jan

Old May 24th 06, 09:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

in what way do they interlock?
was the quilt you saw actually in black/white?
might find it by googling in images.....quilt circles....there were over 500
results, tho some are the same thing, just scan thru the pages there.
i'm'a look'n but not too sure what i'm looking for really.
more info would help me to help you.
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

"Jan" wrote...

Old May 24th 06, 10:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

sounds a wee bit like drunkards path using 1/4 circles together...1/4, 1/2,
3/4 and full circle.
still looking...
jeanne

Old May 24th 06, 10:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Thanks! Shoulda thought to google. I'm looking for something similar to
Karen Stone's pattern called Cinco de Mayo or New York Beauty -- just
without all the spikes. Will keep looking.

Jan

Old May 25th 06, 12:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Jeanne, are you still online?? I've not chatted with you in ages, where are
you??
--
Jenn/Jalynne
quilting, beads, scrapbooking, cross stitch and other 'crafti' obsessions

Old May 25th 06, 01:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

dont panic anyone, jenn found me on msg'r.
then she had to leave far too soon to pick up her dh.
hrmph, how rude!!!
i suggested he bike home.
and jenn said "but its raining"
then i said "so wear a raincoat, dude!!!
to which she told me nope cant do it thru the area he would go to get home
making it way to far to bike, even for him, who cycles in big looooooong
rides for fun on his days off. oh well.
so off she went on her bike, i mean in the car to get him, leaving me alone
and talking to myself.

still looking for jans pattern.
hmmmm, a NYB without the points makes it a donut.
use the edge of various size plates to draw the circles you want maybe.
argh, back hurts and hurts when i take a deep breath too.
naptime?
jeanne
learning to waffle just like jenn does now, snorfle
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
http://www.frappr.com/rctq Put yourself on the RCTQ map!!!
http://www.gen.gen.nz/

"Jenn/Jalynne"wrote...

Old May 25th 06, 01:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

a NYB without the points is a donut in a sq?
could use various plates to draw the circles onto a sq for that? maybe, just
a thot.
still looking tho.
jeanne

Old May 25th 06, 01:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Is it something like this???? http://appliquequilt.com/shop.php?item=401

Kate in MI

. com...

Old May 25th 06, 04:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

After seeing the quilt Kate pointed to, I thought maybe a somewhat
similar effect could be gotten with a pieced quilt, because the
"triangle in a square" can be used to give a curved effect without
curved seams. I used QuiltPro to come up with this block
http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/AlmostCirclesBlock.jpg and this
quilt http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/AlmostCirclesQuilt.jpg.
Varying the colors could give a whole different look. But now it just
occurred to me that the kaleidoscope block can give a more similar
effect. http://www.quilterscache.com/J_L/KaleidoscopeBlock.html I have
used the Quilt in a Day Kaleidoscope pattern and ruler -- no paper
piecing or templates.

Julia in MN

Kate G. wrote:
Is it something like this???? http://appliquequilt.com/shop.php?item=401