New telemarketing twist

Old May 18th 06, 07:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default New telemarketing twist

I just answered my phone to a recorded telemarketing call from JoAnns! This
is the first time I've had that happen to me. It's a advertising campaign
for Christopher Lowell & it said to look for a 40% off sale coming up! I'm
not sure how JoAnns has my phone number, but no doubt I must have give it
out somewhere along the line. AT least it wasn't at my dinner time.

--
Pauline
Northern California

Old May 18th 06, 11:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Pauline:
Same message here in Virginia.
I think they get the number through the store
brochures we get in the mail. Could be
through the on line order. Hey, I have only
ordered once ... last week I ordered a
spinning Olfa cutting mat. I arrived, but
I've not had a chance to use it much.
PAT in VA/USA
PS: Who the heck IS Christopher Lowell?

Old May 18th 06, 11:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Where were you headed? How long did it take to get there? Did you have a
good journey?
Did you take any chocolate with you? Did you have to share?

Butterfly (Think I'll go see what needs to be done for dinner now)

Old May 18th 06, 11:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Butterfly,
My quilting journey is a continuous delight
.... a new discovery at every turn! My goal is
simply to have fun, make quilts, enjoy
quilting friendships, and contribute positive
vibes to my family and community. Chocolate
is ALWAYS at hand and I do share.
Peace be with you,
PAT in VA/USA

Old May 19th 06, 12:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Pauline wrote:
I just answered my phone to a recorded telemarketing call from
JoAnns! This is the first time I've had that happen to me. It's a
advertising campaign for Christopher Lowell & it said to look for a
40% off sale coming up! I'm not sure how JoAnns has my phone number,
but no doubt I must have give it out somewhere along the line. AT
least it wasn't at my dinner time.

I got one too. I'm glad you posted! I put an application in my local JoAnns
last week in hopes of supplementing my severance pay while I look for a new
job. I thought they got my phone number off that! I was going to go there
and give them a polite yet ****ed off piece of my mind! lol
--
Jeri
"Change is inevitable, except from vending machines."

Old May 19th 06, 03:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message

ordered once ... last week I ordered a spinning Olfa cutting mat. I
arrived, but I've not had a chance to use it much.

Me Too! I ordered one from fabric.com. I am anxious to get it. And
Christopher Lowell is a neat designer. He had(has?) a show on HGTV. My
favorite that I ever saw was when he redid a backyard shed, one of those
that look like a little barn, added a tiny front porch, gingerbread trim,
fixed it up on the inside and called it a Folly. It was sooo cute.

Cindy

Old May 19th 06, 03:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Pauline wrote:
I just answered my phone to a recorded telemarketing call from JoAnns! This
is the first time I've had that happen to me. It's a advertising campaign
for Christopher Lowell & it said to look for a 40% off sale coming up! I'm
not sure how JoAnns has my phone number, but no doubt I must have give it
out somewhere along the line. AT least it wasn't at my dinner time.

--
Pauline
Northern California

I had one of these calls... they told me I would an indeed got a coupon
for $5 off in the mail...
Old May 22nd 06, 12:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

teleflora wrote:
"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message

ordered once ... last week I ordered a spinning Olfa cutting mat. I
arrived, but I've not had a chance to use it much.

Me Too! I ordered one from fabric.com. I am anxious to get it. And
Christopher Lowell is a neat designer. He had(has?) a show on HGTV. My
favorite that I ever saw was when he redid a backyard shed, one of those
that look like a little barn, added a tiny front porch, gingerbread trim,
fixed it up on the inside and called it a Folly. It was sooo cute.

Cindy

He is nearly always on some TV show in the UK (house makeovers etc). He
is great fun to watch - think primadonna designer in shirts with BIG
collars and velvet jackets. Like I said: fun!

Hanne in London