I got a singer treadle sm

Old May 2nd 06, 01:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default I got a singer treadle sm

I went to an auction on Friday night and bought a Singer treadle sewing
machine for $60.00. I was so excited. It needs some parts. I haven't looked
at it real good yet. My mother is moving in to live with my hubby and me. We
moved our bedroom down to the basement and she has our room. I haven't had
time to sew or check out my new toy. My mother looked at it a little and
said it needed the belt. I just lifted the top and looked at all the pretty
stenciling. Do any of you guys know where I can get parts or do I just have
to watch on e-bay?

She in PA

Old May 2nd 06, 03:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

What do you need? You can pick up a belt at most any sewing machine
store (Joann's might even have them) Do some nosing around to see
what model you have.
http://home1.gte.net/res6mc9p/tlw/taria/pages/index.htm
ISMAC and Treadlon are good too. I have lots of parts around here
depending on what you need.
Give a holler.
Taria

Old May 2nd 06, 03:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

She in PA wrote:

I went to an auction on Friday night and bought a Singer treadle sewing
machine for $60.00. I was so excited. It needs some parts. I haven't looked
at it real good yet. My mother is moving in to live with my hubby and me. We
moved our bedroom down to the basement and she has our room. I haven't had
time to sew or check out my new toy. My mother looked at it a little and
said it needed the belt. I just lifted the top and looked at all the pretty
stenciling. Do any of you guys know where I can get parts or do I just have
to watch on e-bay?

She in PA

You NEED to join us at Treadle On!

http://www.treadleon.net

LOTS of information about how to clean and restore those golden oldies,
info about where to get parts (belts are easy) and attachments, and a
great community for support in all fields.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old May 2nd 06, 03:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Check the prices on the belts, though. My LQS wanted $45 for a belt -- I got
two on ebay for $8, including postage. I second the advice about ISMAC and
especially Treadleon.
search for ISMAC. Enjoy!

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old May 2nd 06, 04:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

And you can look at http://www.needlebar.com to identify your model.
All of the old Singer treadles take short shank attachments, and it's
probably cheaper to find a set on eBay than to go to your sewing shop
and buy them separately. Unless it's a model 66 with back-clamping
feet; those are hard to find and pricey when you do. Have fun with your
new toy!

Maria in NE PA

Old May 2nd 06, 04:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Howdy!

Congrats on scoring the machine, She.
I still play with and dust the Singer treadle Red Queen gave me;
anyone entering our front room is drawn to that machine.
RQ had purchased the new/old manual and gifted it along w/
the treadle. I consult Treadle On for tips and ideas:
http://www.treadleon.net/

Taria, nice to see you quilting on your website. ;-)

Ragmop/Sandy --in no-basements-here n.Tx

Old May 2nd 06, 05:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

How exciting! I have one that I learned to sew on many years ago.
It's now a "console table" in my living room. Everyone always asks
about it when they come in. It's also good to see the sources for
parts. Maybe I need to see what it needs. I'm sure that after 30+
years, something needs to be replaced. g

Enjoy!!

Shana

Old May 5th 06, 07:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

"Kate Dicey" wrote in message
She in PA wrote:

I went to an auction on Friday night and bought a Singer treadle sewing
machine for $60.00. I was so excited. It needs some parts. I haven't
looked at it real good yet. My mother is moving in to live with my hubby
and me. We moved our bedroom down to the basement and she has our room. I
haven't had time to sew or check out my new toy. My mother looked at it a
little and said it needed the belt. I just lifted the top and looked at
all the pretty stenciling. Do any of you guys know where I can get parts
or do I just have to watch on e-bay?

She in PA

You NEED to join us at Treadle On!

http://www.treadleon.net

LOTS of information about how to clean and restore those golden oldies,
info about where to get parts (belts are easy) and attachments, and a
great community for support in all fields.

--

Oh, for goodness sake. The gentleman that hosts TreadleOn lives in
Seattle!!

I've found this thread to be very helpful, as I inherited my mom's treadle,
and am going to bring it home one of these days. It also needs a belt, and
I'd really like to learn to use it. Thanks for the info!!
--
TerriLee in WA (state)