OT needing someone knit picky

Old April 26th 06, 02:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT needing someone knit picky

Really.
It's all Kate T's fault. She offered to help me knit caps for the preemies
babies. Her caps made mine look they were made of rejected burlap. Her
secret? (well, she ranks up there with the blue ribbon winners and I don't)
but Kate taught me to love Patton's Beehive Baby 3-ply fingering yarn. As
best I can find, Patton (in Canada) has gone out of business. Hoping to
find some way to find a quality of yarn as exquisite as Patton's, I tried
google. My computer went berserk. What I'm looking for included a word you
can't use under censored for old ladies delicate sensibilities barriers .
So. Can any of you knitters or crocheters who create tiny baby
things recommend a comparable yarn for us? Truly I was happy with whatever
WalMart had until Kate showed me how lovely great yarn is. Polly

Old April 26th 06, 02:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In article . net,
"Polly Esther" wrote:

Really.
It's all Kate T's fault. She offered to help me knit caps for the preemies
babies. Her caps made mine look they were made of rejected burlap. Her
secret? (well, she ranks up there with the blue ribbon winners and I don't)
but Kate taught me to love Patton's Beehive Baby 3-ply fingering yarn. As
best I can find, Patton (in Canada) has gone out of business. Hoping to
find some way to find a quality of yarn as exquisite as Patton's, I tried
google. My computer went berserk. What I'm looking for included a word you
can't use under censored for old ladies delicate sensibilities barriers .
So. Can any of you knitters or crocheters who create tiny baby
things recommend a comparable yarn for us? Truly I was happy with whatever
WalMart had until Kate showed me how lovely great yarn is. Polly

Here I thought I was perfect for your quest then I realized you didn't
need Picky people but Knitters. Haven't knitted in years. I did hunt
around though and found a couple options....

This place is clearing out their remaining stock of the Patons yarn.
http://www.yarnfwd.com/beehive.html

And this site loves the Peter Pan brand of 3 ply baby Fingering yarn
http://tinyurl.com/z95rn

good luck with the knitting!
marcella
Old April 26th 06, 02:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Polly - try this site - they have both US and Canadian outlets - and a
3-ply fingering, baby yarn
http://www.marymaxim.com/

Cathy in BC

Old April 26th 06, 03:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Thank you, but, you see, I need someone who can say "I've used thus-and-so"
and it is wonderful. The quest is much like quilting thread; there are just
so many out there that look okay or sound pretty good but it is such a help
when someone can say "I love Aurifil, it has never let me down". Preemie
caps are laundered by the hospital (or new daddies) and need to be light as
a butterfly's kiss. A tough criteria. Polly

Old April 26th 06, 03:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Replied privately - but you might also consider asking the
folks at rcty (rec.crafts.tectiles.yarn)

Looks like others here have found some possible sites too.
Good luck!

--
Cheryl and the
Cats ^;;^ ^;;^ ^;;^

catsatararatATyahooDOTcomDOTau

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
ink.net...
[...]
:
:

Old April 26th 06, 03:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Well, thank you, Cheryl. I didn't know there was one. Polly

Old April 26th 06, 03:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Of course you knew that should have been
"rec.crafts.textiles.yarn" didn't you?

"Cats" wrote in message
: Replied privately - but you might also consider asking
the
: folks at rcty (rec.crafts.tectiles.yarn)
:
: Looks like others here have found some possible sites too.
: Good luck!
:
: --
: Cheryl and the
: Cats ^;;^ ^;;^ ^;;^
: ( U ) ( U ) ( U )
: Enness Boofhead Donut
:
: http://community.webshots.com/user/witchofthewest
[...]
::
::
:
:

Old April 27th 06, 08:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Polly,
Just thought I'd mention that it's Paton's with one T not 2. This will help
your search to find the yarn Kate recommended. I can tell you that Paton's
has not gone out of business, the stores in Canada are full of a multitude
of different lines of yarn by Paton's. Just thought that might help.
allyson in guelph, ontario

Old April 28th 06, 03:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Well, Allyson. Thank you so much. That one little 'T' is probably what
killed me in searching. Cheryl helped me find some snow white but I would
love to find some pastels somewhere too. I appreciate your help. Just in
case I ever need to say it, how in the world do you pronounce the name of
your town? Polly

"Allyson Brown" Polly,

Old April 28th 06, 03:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

that would be 'gwelf'

Cathy in BC (who used to live not far from Guelph)

Polly Esther wrote:
how in the world do you pronounce the name of
your town? Polly
.
allyson in guelph, ontario