Roll Call!

Old January 4th 05, 08:58 PM

I'm Sonya. I live in Michigan with my DH and three canine QIs. I used
to use the id "hellofromsmd" but the google newsreader seems to have
decided I must use my email address as id. I will have been quilting
two years in March and I'm completely hooked. I enjoy it very much and
also enjoy interacting with other quilters (the nicest people!). I'm
currently wrestling with my biggest top ever, a queen size. I will
have it quilted on a long arm though after struggling to quilt a twin
size myself.

Oh, and I got a fun 1951 Singer 301A (Mocha, longbed) for Christmas.
It's a workhorse! Still a great machine all these years later and so
reasonably priced!

Old January 4th 05, 09:16 PM
JL

Hi all! Lurker here. grin

I'm Juli and have been quilting for nearly a year now. Married 10 years and
have two children, 9yo girl and 14 mo boy. I live in the Hampton Roads area
in Virginia, USA.

Juli

Old January 4th 05, 09:54 PM
Pati Cook

I'm here! Pati, in beautiful rainy,soggy, Phoenix (Phx) Arizona. (I
hate this much rain. I hurt and don't want to do anything but sleep and
read and stay warm........ sigh)

I've been sewing since jr high school, quilting seriously for about 6
years and just started really trying to teach quilting. I have a degree
in Clothing and Textiles, got my teaching certification (home ec, with
minors in math and science) and tried to teach public school, jr high,
for about 6 and a half years. Went to work at a fabric store, ended up
as assistant manager and have way more stash than I will ever use. G
Make most of DH's (Rick) shirts as well as my clothes and other stuff
too. Love to cook, read and sew. Love fabric and helping others learn
to have fun with it.
We have a varying number of cats, usually not true QIs since I am
allergic and they are not allowed in the sewing areas in general.
Rick is a free lance writer and things get interesting sometimes as far
as money goes.

Love this group and speak up from time to time.

Pati, in Phx

frood wrote:

As newbies come and introduce themselves, we all say "hi" back to them. But,
while we learn a bit about them, they don't get to know us very easily. (ok,
except for a few gabby folks.... ;-P ) So, as a start to a new year, I
thought it would be fun to tell a bit about ourselves, and get to know each
other. I'm sure the newbies aren't the only one trying to keep the players
straight without a score card!

Ok, here goes! I'm Wendy, posting as "frood". I live in Central NC, USA. I'm
married to a fabulous man, and we have 5 kids, ranging from 13 to 4 yo
twins, known online as Spike and Giles. I've been quilting for about 7 or 8
years, mostly machine piecing and machine quilting. I love bright colors,
and I collect vintage textiles.

Old January 4th 05, 10:01 PM
Pati Cook

She'll probably be here in the Valley in Feb. then. The big Estrella
war is President's day weekend.
I am also in the SCA, a "countess" by courtesy. which means my DH was
King (before I knew him). In fact he was the first king of Atenveldt.
The SCA is another whole group of "interesting" people. BG
I've been in and out of SCA activity for almost 30 years.

Pati, in Phx aka Lady Leonore Aid-an, Countess Ironsteed, yada yada, aka
Ayesha aka "Mama Fuzzy".......... don't ask.

georg wrote:

judy in fort worth wrote:

One of my good friends and co-teachers is a "queen" for another two
months in a SCA region. She keeps the lunch table entertained with
her stories and travels.

The Queen of Ansteorra! Very nice!

She's probably been to at least two of the Wars then, and likely has
to travel a great deal more than one does in my tiny kingdom (of which
I have not been nor am ever likely to be Queen).

-georg
more envious of wanting to see her garb.

Old January 4th 05, 10:02 PM
ally

I'm Ally - posting as ally (with a little a) and I live in the South of
England.

I've been around since about '97 I recon, when I got my first computer.
Back then I used to handquilt little bits, but made my first whole quilt
that year for my first baby neice. I got my first sewing machine around
that time too when I realised how much easier it would be to peice with
oneG

8 years, twin neice/nephew, lots of quilts a bunch of new friends, and a
few trips to see some of you later, I am still here, though I dont post
so often these days.

I took a year off quilting for no particular reason other than I got
into jewelllery making, but I made a comeback last year and finished 2
UFOs the top of a new quilt and made 2 christmassy wallhangings.

This year I shall hit the big four-oh and am hoping to celebrate with a
quilt, a scrap book and maybe a trip overseas again.
:-)
--
ally
website: www.alcom.demon.co.uk
Old January 4th 05, 10:07 PM
nana2b

Happy Birthday Georg! Linda in Tx

Old January 4th 05, 10:08 PM
georg

Old January 4th 05, 10:53 PM
Sally Swindells

She's got a quilt like mine too - I wonder if hers is finished?? and
she's got a cat like Hodge too help her too.

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 19:37:31 GMT, Joanna
wrote:

This was too funny. I click on the link without reading. Up pops a
picture and I immediately think...cool someone else did the same wall
hanging as me. Then I realized your link pulls up my own page. It was
good for a laugh.
Joanna

Denise Jameson in Ontario wrote:

Oh cool. Love introductions and reaquaintances! Thanks Wendy for the
great idea.

I'm Denise and I post as Denise in Ontario, Canada. I've been married
to Bob for almost 35 years, have two grown daughters, one married.
I've been quilting since 1996 and I'm working hard on improving my
machine quilting skills. I own too many machines, use my FW regularly
and quilt on a new Brother I purchased two years ago. I love jewel
tones and bright colours, and am constantly looking for more TIME!!!

You can see some of my quilts at:

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/controlPanel.fcgi

Denise in Ontario, Canada

Old January 4th 05, 10:55 PM
Quiltin_Kate

Hi,
Usually lurk, once in a while I will post, like now.
Quilter, Biker (as in Harley), Scrapbooker, Beader, and general crafter.
Love to walk our silly dog Sarge in the woods. Have a great guy in my life,
no children. I work full time outside the home. Enjoy the vegetable garden
that I freeze, can, pickle or dry the produce that we can't consume while
still fresh. I collect Cow and Chicken figurines, Cobalt Blue Glass and
Santa/Gnome figurines.
I seem to buy much more fabric than I can ever use, start more quilts than I
finish....so, I am in a challenge for non-buying for the second year in a
row and recently have joined a challenge to finish those projects that are
lurking in the closet. I made it through to August last year before I bought
on a whim, and even then it wasn't TOO bad. Lets see how well the finishing
goes, hopefully well.
That's all that my foggy brain can come up with right now, have had a
stomach "bug" yesterday and today, finally feel like eating something
anyways.
Quiltin_Kate

HOUSTON IQF, was Houston Quilt Show Roll Call Kellie J. Berger Quilting 50 October 27th 04 01:40 AM
Houston Quilt Show Roll Call nana2b Quilting 41 October 20th 04 03:21 AM
OT -- CA ROLL CALL BeckiBead Beads 51 November 12th 03 01:49 AM
ROLL CALL: Fall One-to-One Plaid Fat Quarter Swap Melissa in NJ Quilting 25 November 4th 03 04:02 PM
Fort Washington Show roll call AliceW Quilting 8 September 19th 03 11:55 PM