Time to unlurk

Old August 19th 03, 04:17 PM
Lisa Caryl

Default Time to unlurk

Good morning everyone,
My name is Lisa Caryl, and I guess it's about time I unlurk on your ng. I've
been here for a few weeks, enjoying the wonderful eye candy and the
informative posts. I live in central Iowa, and I'm fortunate enough to live
not too terribly far from a bead shop.

I'm primarly a quilter- designing, making and teaching traditional and crazy
quilts for the last 15 years. Over the last couple of years or so, I've been
incorporating more and more beads into my crazy quilt work. That, of course,
has led to me wanting to make my own jewelry, too. I've made a few simple
things, and I've just gotten my very first lampwork bead in the mail, (from
an auction on justbeads.com-bead by Ginger Atkins) I can hardly wait to have
the time to play with my new aquisition!

I have a few scans of things that I've made for myself and for friends on
my picturetrails page. The addy is www.picturetrails.com/quiltygurl if you
care to have a look. I don't sell anything there, just post pics of things
I've made.

This morning, I was doing some figuring on a calulator, and I figured out
that if I give up my usual coffee and breafast sandwich at McDonald's, I'll
save over $350 a year. I bet you can figure out what I'll be spending my
savings on! ;-)

Have a wonderful day everyone,

--
Lisa Caryl
http://www.picturetrails.com/quiltygurl

remove the obvious to reply

Old August 19th 03, 04:21 PM
Lisa Caryl

I've just gotten my very first lampwork bead in the mail, (from
an auction on justbeads.com-bead by Ginger Atkins) I can hardly wait to

have
the time to play with my new aquisition!

Oops, make that Ginger Sanders.

Old August 19th 03, 04:29 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Welcome Lisa! Your quilts are wonderful - I'm envious of such talent!

--

Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay: pnguintrax
Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

Old August 19th 03, 05:17 PM
Tink

Hi Lisa! First you cut out McDonalds. Then it's chocolate. Ok, maybe not
chocolate. But you WILL find yourself skimping in other areas to allow for
bead purchases.

According to some of the research I've done, the typical bead person spends
$840 a year on beads.

Welcome to the fold...

--

Tink

www.blackswampglassworks.com
Sign Up Now For Fall Workshops!
Hollows, Vessels & Florals...

Old August 19th 03, 06:47 PM
Lisa Caryl

Thank you Barbara!
I hope that some of what I learned about color etc. in quilting will
translate over to beading.

I enjoyed looking at your work, too. I think my favorite piece of yours is
the green and pink bracelet made from Venitian glass. Those are SO my
colors!

Old August 19th 03, 06:53 PM
Lisa Caryl

Hi Tink,
Oh mah gawsh...give up chocolate??!! Never! I MUST have my daily dose of
Hershey's Nuggets with toffee and almonds.
I can see where I could get into a bit of trouble $$ wise, as I'm still
occasionally buying fabric. But hey, what's a dollar for anyway, right? ;-)

--
Lisa

Old August 19th 03, 07:08 PM
Lisa Caryl

Thank you Margie,
Nope, not going to give up on coffee, that's for sure! I can time a pot to
be ready by the time I get home in the morning.
I recently *made* myself go check the calorie content of the McD's sandwich
that I like to get. It's over 400 calories!!! I figure that I'll be doing my
bead stash AND my waistline a service by giving it up!

Lisa, sipping that fine coffee from Margie....

"MargieK" wrote in message
On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 10:17:24 -0500, "Lisa Caryl"
wrote:

I have a few scans of things that I've made for myself and for friends

on
my picturetrails page. The addy is www.picturetrails.com/quiltygurl if

you
care to have a look. I don't sell anything there, just post pics of

things
I've made.

Very nice quilts but I love your amulet bags especially the one made
with the kit!

Don't give up the coffee just make it at home...

/brews a fresh pot for Lisa

--
Margie
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/mira...ptsanddesigns/

Old August 19th 03, 07:10 PM
Lisa Caryl

Thank you Starlia! I appricate how everyone's making me feel at home here
:-)
Lisa

"saucy" wrote in message
Welcome. I love your quilts.
Starlia

help please. Deirdre S. Beads 66 August 15th 03 07:51 PM
Terribly OT opinions requested... Karlee in Kansas Beads 142 July 30th 03 01:50 AM
OT Homeschooling... Karlee in Kansas Beads 74 July 27th 03 06:53 AM
My Kids (long and not at all happy) Regina Beads 1 July 10th 03 08:32 PM