Different kind of sewing machine question

Old July 5th 06, 04:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Imapearl

Default Different kind of sewing machine question

Hi all haven't been around much in the past few years. I drop by now and
then to lurk, check out how everyone is doing, but have been very busy with
the kids, working, and life. I'm hoping to actually start quilting or even
sewing again soon. I still have some UFOs up the in the top of the linen
closet taunting me.

Been thinking about a new machine and I wonder if anyone here can answer a
question about sewing machines for me. Does anyone know when new models of
sewing machines come out? Is it a yearly thing like cars? Or whenever a
manufacturer develops a new one? No company in particular as I haven't
really narrowed it down that much yet. I'm thinking something computerized
that can do heavy duty fabrics, fancy stitches, but not necessarily
embroidery. Anyone know?

Old July 5th 06, 05:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate Dicey

Imapearl wrote:

Hi all haven't been around much in the past few years. I drop by now and
then to lurk, check out how everyone is doing, but have been very busy with
the kids, working, and life. I'm hoping to actually start quilting or even
sewing again soon. I still have some UFOs up the in the top of the linen
closet taunting me.

Been thinking about a new machine and I wonder if anyone here can answer a
question about sewing machines for me. Does anyone know when new models of
sewing machines come out? Is it a yearly thing like cars? Or whenever a
manufacturer develops a new one? No company in particular as I haven't
really narrowed it down that much yet. I'm thinking something computerized
that can do heavy duty fabrics, fancy stitches, but not necessarily
embroidery. Anyone know?

Best thing is to keep an eye on the manufacturers websites, and get them
to email you news. They don't seem to do things in as well organized a
way as car builders!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old July 5th 06, 05:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Just a few hints, Pearl (?)
Before you look or read about any machine at all: make your own list of
what you want your new machine to do. Fine if it does more - useless if
it doesn't do what you want, even if it does come with all sorts of
other bells and whistles!
Then look around your local area to see where you have company dealers.
There isn't much point in your falling in love with a certain make, only
to find that your nearest dealer is 100 miles away; and, even then, they
don't do repairs or service. Visit the dealership, and make sure you
can get on with the person, and that he/she really knows what they are
talking about.
It's good that you are asking about when new machines come out (don't
know the answer to that!); but perhaps not for the reason you are
thinking. If it were me, I would be asking the same question, but aiming
to get one of the existing stock machines at a really good price just
*before* the new ones come out. Sometimes new machines are only a
little different from the old ones, and they are not always better. In
fact, a very experienced friend of mine, asked to try out a new model
(she had the current latest), found that she didn't like it as much as
the one she had - for various reasons, not related to familiarity.
The other thing about new machines is that, like cars, the new gismos
might not work all that well gg
..
In message , Imapearl
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old July 5th 06, 05:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Pearl:
That is a very good question! Maybe your
local dealer will have the answer. Our
Theresa in Colorado might know, but
she's been MIA for ages. If any one has
her (or MIA Lori's) Email address,
perhaps one can get an answer.
BTW, Pearl, I remember when I first came
here and you were kind enough to send me
one of my first MQ squishies!! So I have
to say it .....
She's Baaaaaaaaccckkk!
Grins, PAT

Old July 5th 06, 07:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Imapearl

Thanks for the input. I've got my list, and am lucky in that there are
dealers nearby for three of the brands I'm looking at - Pfaff, Viking, and
Bernina. I haven't found a Janome dealer nearby. You and I think alike as
far as why I'm wondering when new machines come out. I'm hoping to find a
deal on "last year's model". No hurry though. I have two 30 yr old
machines that work fine. LOL
Pearl

"Patti" wrote in message
[...]
.
In message , Imapearl
writes

Old July 5th 06, 07:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Imapearl

I remember! That was so much fun. Mine is still a WIP. LOL I know I can
ask the local dealer, but the ones I've talked to are big into sell sell
sell. It's hard to tell if they are answering me honestly or not. Just
doing their job though. LOL
Pearl

Old July 5th 06, 07:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Imapearl

"Kate Dicey" wrote in message
Imapearl wrote:

[...]

That is a good idea! I'll have to find out how to sign up for that at the
websites. Thanks,
Pearl

Old July 5th 06, 07:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
frood

And Pearl was the very first person I traded MQ squares with! Hiya, Pearl!

--
Wendy
De-STUFF email address to reply

Old July 5th 06, 08:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Default Dealer contact Different kind of sewing machine question

Howdy!

Teresa and company can be found at the Presser Foot:
http://70.57.49.181/presserfoot/Site
I'm sure she'll answer questions via the contact links there
as that's one way we keep in touch. g

Cheers!
Ragmop/Sandy-- not lying low, thank you dears,
just not adding sparks to dry tinder

Imapearl wrote:
Hi all haven't been around much in the past few years. I drop by now and
then to lurk, check out how everyone is doing, but have been very busy with
the kids, working, and life. I'm hoping to actually start quilting or even
sewing again soon. I still have some UFOs up the in the top of the linen
closet taunting me.

Been thinking about a new machine and I wonder if anyone here can answer a
question about sewing machines for me. Does anyone know when new models of
sewing machines come out? Is it a yearly thing like cars? Or whenever a
manufacturer develops a new one? No company in particular as I haven't
really narrowed it down that much yet. I'm thinking something computerized
that can do heavy duty fabrics, fancy stitches, but not necessarily
embroidery. Anyone know?

sewing machinery sewing machinery Quilting 0 March 22nd 06 09:00 AM
sewing machinery sewing machinery Sewing 0 March 20th 06 11:17 AM
FAQ for RCTQ frood Quilting 9 April 5th 05 07:50 PM
FAQ, QOM, QuiltPro questions. Betsy Ross Quilting 9 March 23rd 05 05:39 PM
FAQ for RCTQ Diana Curtis Quilting 5 March 1st 04 06:45 PM