OT - Prayer Request for a child

Old February 24th 06, 11:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT - Prayer Request for a child

Being the very appreciative recipient of a huge bundle of love and
prayers this week, I feel almost ashamed to ask for prayers today - but
I absolutely have to. Not for myself though, for Billy.

It's a long, years old story - but it appears that we are headed back
to court again. Since my daughter left home and I am headed to NIH to
try and get a handle on my health issues - my ex has decided that this
all means that I am not a fit mother (again) and that my son should be
taken away from me and go to live with this alcoholic and abusive man
and his family.

This is just tearing Billy to pieces! His dad apparently worked on him
heavily this past Saturday, trying to convince him that he "wants" to
go live with his dad. It creates intense feelings of guilt, insecurity
and fear for the poor child because he doesn't want to leave his mom,
he doesn't want to hurt his dad...... it's a long story and far too
much to expect a child to deal with.

He is still in therapy and had an extremely rough session with her on
Wednesday. Yesterday we went to his psychiatrist and she has now
diagnosed him with Severe Depressive Disorder. (He asked me on Sunday
if I knew how long it takes somebody to die if they stab themself.
When I asked him why he would ask such a question, he told me it was
because he wants to die. He doesn't want to go through this any more!)

It is really heartbreaking and unfortunately, there isn't anything I
can do to stop the situation at the moment except to prepare to go
through the court battle again and try to put a permanent stop to it
this time.

The most important and valuable thing (I feel) that I can do for him at
this moment - is to pray. Whatever form that takes for you, I'd
appreciate it immensely on Billy's behalf. A good thought, a pagan
blessing, a Goddesses wish, whatever - Billy and I just need all the
faith and hope we can get at the moment and we'll take it in any way we
can get it!

Thank you again with all my heart for your Hugs and prayers already,
and thank you even more so, for Billy
Tina

Old February 24th 06, 11:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

With profound sincerity, I'll pray for you and Billy to get through this
time with the best outcome for you both.
I'm so sorry you both have to endure this.

Kathyl
remove "nospam" before mchsi

oups.com...

Old February 24th 06, 11:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Oh, Tina, it breaks my heart to hear that you and Billy are going through
this. Prayers are being sent that your strength and faith carry you through
this and that the outcome is best for all.

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

oups.com...

Old February 25th 06, 12:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

"Tina" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Prayers are one thing everyone is capable of giving. It is never
inappropriate to ask for prayers for someone's health (emotional or
physical).
And I'm glad to add both Billy (and you!) to the list of people I pray for
today. It must be so difficult to watch him suffer emotionally. I'll add
another prayer and hope that your ex is doing what he does out of concern
for his son, and that he searches his soul and comes to a realization of
what it is that Billy *really* needs.

Old February 25th 06, 12:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Tina, All my thoughts for you and your son Billy are on their way. Make
sure that Billy crawls under that Hug with you. Talk to him and tell him
how important he is and assure him that this is not his fight. I am glad he
is going for therapy. Some adults are just plain evil in their selfishness.
Linda in Tx

Old February 25th 06, 12:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

OMG! Tina! You and Billy both have my prayers and continual good
thoughts. It is hell being the child of divorced parents when one side
doesn't "play fair". It builds strength and a compassion for others
when you see them going through it though -- that's the only sense of
purpose I have been able to make out of the warped split family issues
I had to deal with as a minor. I pray that Billy will find a way to
handle this and come out the better for it.

*comforting hugs to you both*

Tricia

Old February 25th 06, 01:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Tina wrote:

[...]

It's too much to expect an adult to deal with, never mind a child!

He is still in therapy and had an extremely rough session with her on
Wednesday. Yesterday we went to his psychiatrist and she has now
diagnosed him with Severe Depressive Disorder. (He asked me on Sunday
if I knew how long it takes somebody to die if they stab themself.
When I asked him why he would ask such a question, he told me it was
because he wants to die. He doesn't want to go through this any more!)

He certainly doesn't NEED to go through it at all! Parents splitting up
is traumatic enough without one of them using a child as a club to
batter the other.

It is really heartbreaking and unfortunately, there isn't anything I
can do to stop the situation at the moment except to prepare to go
through the court battle again and try to put a permanent stop to it
this time.

I'd have thought the combination of alcoholism and a history of abuse
would be enough to render him permanently unsuitable. Mind you, some
court decisions are completely mad...

The most important and valuable thing (I feel) that I can do for him at
this moment - is to pray. Whatever form that takes for you, I'd
appreciate it immensely on Billy's behalf. A good thought, a pagan
blessing, a Goddesses wish, whatever - Billy and I just need all the
faith and hope we can get at the moment and we'll take it in any way we
can get it!

Thank you again with all my heart for your Hugs and prayers already,
and thank you even more so, for Billy
Tina

From the little you have said about him, I would judge your ex to be
the unfit parent, preying on the child. Billy (and you) have my
prayers. ((((((Tina and Billy))))))

Why do people do this to their kids?

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old February 25th 06, 01:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

No child should ever have to go through that! Good thoughts and moon
wishes heading off to Billy...
Anne in CA
annerudolph AT comcast DOT net
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl
Crow
http://community.webshots.com/user/annerudolph3
http://www.frappr.com/rctq

Tina wrote:
[...]

Prayer Request Karen C - California Needlework 0 July 11th 05 05:52 PM
A Christmas Prayer request Debi Matlack Quilting 22 December 30th 04 04:20 PM
OT Prayer Request for Emily Ms Ann Quilting 6 April 28th 04 05:00 PM
prayer request CNYstitcher Quilting 1 April 19th 04 02:49 PM
OT prayer request Jan Dunaway Quilting 8 September 23rd 03 11:27 PM