What did you do before quilting?

Old February 5th 06, 04:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default What did you do before quilting?

I used to maintain my garden, cook
meals, and sew clothes.

Susan
aka Betsy Ross

Old February 5th 06, 04:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I use to have an eBay business & a webstore. I have since stopped the eBay
business but maintain the webstore. I also worked out a lot. I still do all
the other stuff I use to do.

--
Terbear~Curator of the HUG Gallery~
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/HUGS

Teri's quilts~
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/Tquilts

nk.net...

Old February 5th 06, 04:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I was an avid cross-stitcher (32 count linen until my eyes gave out) and
rubber stamper.

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/

"Betsy Ross" wrote in message
nk.net...
:I used to maintain my garden, cook
: meals, and sew clothes.
:
: Susan
: aka Betsy Ross
:

Old February 5th 06, 04:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I had 3 sons.... at home... enuf said! When they were little (before I became a full time
chauffer) I did a lot of counted cross-stitch and I still enjoy reading.... started quilting in
1999 (DS #2 graduated High School in May of 2000. With just one left at home... and he a special
needs kiddo (so not a lot of after school activities, etc...) I have more time to sew.

I also spend WAY too much time on this little silver box in my lap --the one I'm using this very
second... to read all the posts about those of you that spend much of your time sewing!

Kate in MI

nk.net...

Old February 5th 06, 04:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Counted cross stitch

Mary
Old February 5th 06, 04:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Um....clay.

nk.net...

Old February 5th 06, 04:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Since I started when I was 5, its kinda hard to remember. I have tried all
kinds of other needlework and had continued it until my hands gave out. Now
I can't even sew on a button but I sure can run teh SM on my good days : )
Unfortunately I gave almost ALL my work away so i ahve very itle to show for
it...cept a few pixs. I do have a piece of: counted cross stitich, crewel,
embroidery, a few afghans both knit and crochet, filigree crocheted shawl
that I have kept. Don't ahve any sweaters left--and a lot of them were
stolen on our one move--my sweaters, kids sweaters, afghans and almost
finished counted
crossstitch piece. (yes. they did catch and prosecute the theives. They had
a real ring set up--we never did get anything back tho)

Butterfly (I still have the beaded crocheted Barbie Doll dress with train
that I did for DD)

"AliceW" wrote in message
I was an avid cross-stitcher (32 count linen until my eyes gave out) and
rubber stamper.

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/
"Just about the time a woman thinks her work is done, she becomes a
grandmother." Edward H. Dreschnack

nk.net...

Old February 5th 06, 05:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Needlepoint, cross-stitch, macrame, embroidery. Then I was volunteered
by my sisters to head up an anniversary quilt we planned to make for
our folks' 45th wedding anniversary. that was in '88 and I haven't
stopped since. Still do some crossstitch, and have learned simple
crochet.

Ginger in CA

Old February 5th 06, 05:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Musical theat vocal direction, music direction,
played piano in the pit.

Took up quilting 'cause can't leave the kids for
months at a time (well, evenings, at least).

-- Anita --
Old February 5th 06, 05:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I was a weaver, and dabbled in ceramics and counted cross stitch. I've been
sewing clothing/home dec since I was a teen.

--
Wendy
De-STUFF email address to reply
nk.net...