OT - 2 new QIs rescued

Old January 30th 06, 08:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT - 2 new QIs rescued

Yuppers, while I was slaving away at work today DH took the DDs to the local
animal shelter to see the cats (something we've been doing since Merlot
passed). Maddy had reached the go-kart goal she'd been set and all systems
were go.

Please allow me to introduce to you..... Maisie the Majestic (warning - not
her best photo)

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shazru...cd.jpg&.src=ph

and Sampson the Sexy

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shazru...cd.jpg&.src=ph

Maisie (2 years old) is Sampson's (18 months) mum, he was born when she
was just six months old and he is now double her size. They were found
abandoned in an old box at a factory and when they were found (October 05)
Sampson was still suckling mum!! Plus she was pregnant with another litter
which the shelter, by law, had to abort. They had cat flu and so had not
been put on display and by the time they were over the flu, again by law,
the shelter was unable to put them on display because they'd had them longer
than the 28 days they are allowed to keep all abandoned animals. So they'd
had them out the back. DH found their pictures on the shelter's website and
went in and asked to see them.

The poor volunteers were in floods of tears when we adopted them and gave
the cats lots of parting gifts, they were that happy to see them homed.

So at the moment Maisie is downstairs and Sampson is upstairs sleeping.
They should settle in quite well I think.

So a bit of advice, if you need a QI, visit a shelter.

quicker)

Old January 30th 06, 09:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

They're beautiful, Sharon. They will now be happy kitties.
They had a troubled start - but, now, a loving home. I love happy
endings - I'll cry, but I still love them g
..
In message , Sharon
Harper writes
Yuppers, while I was slaving away at work today DH took the DDs to the local
animal shelter to see the cats (something we've been doing since Merlot
passed). Maddy had reached the go-kart goal she'd been set and all systems
were go.

Please allow me to introduce to you..... Maisie the Majestic (warning - not
her best photo)

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shazru...dnm=b6c8scd.jp
g&.src=ph

and Sampson the Sexy

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shazru...dnm=aaffscd.jp
g&.src=ph

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old January 30th 06, 10:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

DH was quite sniffly when he told me their story and I had quite a good sook
too! They've spent the evening chasing each other up and down the hallway
and stairs. They are still a bit skitty around us but are getting more
affectionate.

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under) (who is having a good
giggle at Maisie and Sampson)

"Patti" wrote in message
They're beautiful, Sharon. They will now be happy kitties.
They had a troubled start - but, now, a loving home. I love happy
endings - I'll cry, but I still love them g
.
In message , Sharon
Harper writes

Old January 30th 06, 10:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Oh no! or Oh yes!
You've named the grey after my recently departed dear mother! Maisie.
I have to say, I can see a resemblence, as Mother was quite grey when
she passed away LOL.

They are both cuties and I am sure they can be swiftly brought up to
speed as QI's.

Hugs
Bronnie

Old January 30th 06, 12:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

OH my those are two beautiful cats! (especially Sampson! his name is *very*
apt!)

I may be adopting a cat soon not from a shelter but by adopting this cat I
will be saving it *from* a shelter so it's a good rescue in my eyes - I am
basically on standby - if the cat settles in my friends house it stays and
if it doesn't I get him.

The original owner was going to take him to a shelter unless the cat found a
new home so we will wait and see :-)

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

Old January 30th 06, 12:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

The are both gorgeous Sharon! What a wonderful rescue!

Many happy hugs for you and the new QI's!

Hugs,
Tina

Old January 30th 06, 01:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

All of my QIs are "rescues" and I wouldn't have it any other way. They are
given a second chance at life and I am given a loving companion. Who could
ask for more?

Your new QIs just took my breath away. Maisie is the image of my beautiful
Tuppy (who is no longer with me) and Samson bears an uncanny resemblance to
Boofhead. They are beautiful and already look very settled. After such a
rough start in life I'm sure they know just how fortunate they are to have
found a home with you.

My three QIs got carted off to the vet for their annual checkup and
"jabbies" this morning (rounding up three recalcitrant cats and stuffing
them in cages is "fun", especially when they are the size of Enness!) so
they are pretending not to love me ATM. However, both Boof and Donut are
keeping one eye half open, watching to see when I go to bed. Obviously
being cross with me does not preclude sleeping on the bed.

May you and your family enjoy the companionship of your new adoptees for
many years to come. Please give them both a gentle ear rub from me.
--

Cheryl in Oz
cawaitesATnetconnectDOTcomDOTau

u...

Old January 30th 06, 01:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Sharon Harper wrote:

DH was quite sniffly when he told me their story and I had quite a good sook
too! They've spent the evening chasing each other up and down the hallway
and stairs. They are still a bit skitty around us but are getting more
affectionate.

Give them laps and cuddles as often as possible, and they'll soon turn
into cuddlecats!

As they have always been together, they'll spend half their time
squabbling and having hair-pulling arguments and half their time
snuggled up together!

These teenage mums!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old January 30th 06, 02:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

How wonderful that you have room in your hearts and home for the both of
them. What a beautiful story. Thank you, Sharon. Love them for all of us.
Polly

Old January 30th 06, 03:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Congratulations on your new family members - both are just adorable.
The shelter is the best place to get a cat or dog - we have proof of
that in our home too. My darling Clancy has been an angel from the day
we got her 10 years ago - wouldn't give her up for all the tea in
China.

Sharon