What did Santa bring?

Old December 26th 05, 04:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Santa brought uglies

Cool idea!
KJ

"maryd" wrote in message
Cut each piece in half and put out the challenge to 40 people. g

--
Mary (Idaho to Oregon via Montana)

"Roberta Zollner" wrote in message
: You ought to announce a challenge: 20 participants could attempt to work
: miracle, and we could find something nice to do with the results!
: Roberta in D
:
: "Polly Esther" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
: ink.net...
: I have 20 one-yard pieces of the ugliest fabric ever printed. I don't
even
: think Jill Pochik would want them for house-breaking puppies. The word
: "gross" is lame to describe this bouquet. Polly
:
: "Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote in
message
: oups.com...
: The week before Christmas, we traded in my 2 wheel drive pick-up
truck
: and treated ourselves to The Beast- a big Dodge 4 door 4 wheel drive
: pick-up truck. It's burgundy and has a HUGE hemi-magnum engine...
: horrible gas mileage, but man does it growl nicely and it rides like
: dream! (My poor arthritic joints really appreciate that!) And I was
: so touched... at 55 y.o. and a couple of marriages behind me My Hunky
: Mr. Collins gave me a birthstone (dark blue sapphire) ring and
necklace
: with (petite) diamonds and matching birthstone post earrings- the
FIRST
: jewelry I have ever received from a man other than a wedding ring!
He
: also gave me a box of chocolates, a burgundy colored compact umbrella
: to keep in The Beast, a lighted fishing bobber (for night fishing- I
: usually have to shine a flashlight out on the lake to see if I'm
: getting a nibble!) and a snazzy bookmarker- I tend to use rubber
bands
: or pieces of paper. vbg DDS#1 gave me a book- Quilter's Computer
: Companion. Now I can try to learn to design with my computer rather
: than graph paper and colored pencils. DDS#2 and DDIL bought us a
laser
: level. I see several of us received them- how do they apply to
: quilting??? His DD#1 and DSIL gave me a pretty basket filled with
: goodies- shower gel, small quilting supplies, some lovely candies and
4
: FQs. My parents gave us a set of sheets- yummy 550 thread count, but
: they are the size for the guest room bed... I didn't say anything as
it
: would have upset mom that she bought queen instead of king. Oh
well...
: the guest room needs sheets, too. ;-) And my dearest Big Sis (you
: know her as Pat on her hill) sent us a marvelous "document" with the
: Collins coat-of-arms and family history. What an amazing,
fascinating
: gift!
:
: We had all our children and spouses and the granddarlings that live
: around here for dinner yesterday and had a wonderful time. I think
: this was my best Christmas ever- and that's not even including the
: gifts and truck!
:
: Leslie (so happy!) & The Furbabies in MO.
:
:
:
:
:

Old December 26th 05, 04:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

well if you make it into FQ's you can challenge 80 people ;-)

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

Old December 26th 05, 04:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Even more fun.

--

"Jessamy" wrote in message
: well if you make it into FQ's you can challenge 80 people ;-)
:
: --
: Jessamy
: In The Netherlands
: Take out: so much quilting to reply.
: Time to accept, time to grow, time to take things slow
: www.geocities.com/jess_ayad
: http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jes...pson/my_photos
: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: Cut each piece in half and put out the challenge to 40 people. g
:
: --
: Mary (Idaho to Oregon via Montana)
: http://community.webshots.com/user/mardor1948
:
:
:

Old December 26th 05, 05:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default What did Santa bring?

hiking boots which were used right away!

KJ wrote:

I'm patiently waiting reports on what goodies Santa brought you all. Santa
came early this year and took me to Scotland with all the shopping
exeditions included. Oh, I guess I did get a new set of tires on my van the
other day. Merry Christmas to me! Almost as expensive as my plane ticket!
Hope you all had a great day. Time to slice the roast and set the table.
KJ

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out for a walk)
Old December 26th 05, 06:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Sounds great! (how much space do 5 tons of pellets occupy? not really
sure what a pellet or a pellet stove is). But unless I am misssing
something, I don't get it: I just paid $500 for 150 gallons of fuel oil!!

IMS wrote:

My DH and I got a Harmon pellet stove for the house. Plus 5 tons of
pellets stored away snugly in the basement. Ok, we got it in October,
really but decided it would be our Christmas gift to each other

We spent a wonderful, warm Christmas with it yesterday...along with the
warm two months we've already had. The stove has electronic thermonstat
controls so you set it to the temperature you want the room at...it
shuts itself on and off and keeps to temp constant. We're already
saving $75-100 on every ton of pellets we use, which is the equivalent
of 100 gallons of fuel oil. Yippee!

-Irene

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out for a walk)
Old December 26th 05, 07:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

On the first night of Chanukah my true love gave to me...

....a framed apple crate label. But a very special one. My birth father
died when I was 9 months old, so I have no memory of him. He was in the
produce business in NY, and was the Frankenthal of Justman-Frankenthal
Produce. Several years ago, I had been googling "Frankenthal" (and
eventually found my half-sister, but that is another story) and found a
guy in California who collected and sold these labels. I bought two for
Jo-Jo's apples, which I remembered my mom talking about when I was a
child. They've been traveling with us for the past six years, safely
packed but all but forgotten. Last night, after lighting the first
candle, my DH gave me the package. I could feel a frame, but couldn't
figure out what it could be--my rabbinical college diploma would have
been a lot smaller, and the ordination certificate a lot larger. But
there it was, a perfect specimen Jo-Jo apple label, with the name
Justman-Frankenthal on it, matted and framed under glass.

That is one sweet and thoughtful DH.

Old December 26th 05, 07:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

[...]

--Heidi

Plattsburgh (UPstate) NY

http://community.webshots.com/user/rabbit2b

===

Old December 26th 05, 07:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Okay, Polly, here's a proposal. If the ugly stuff is pretty decent
quality cotton fabric, why not cut it up into fat quarters. I bet a
bunch of us would be willing to swap a pretty FQ or two for one of your
uglies. Then we will each try to use your ugly fabric in quilt and post
pictures of the results. I bet we'd come up with some pretty decent quilts.

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old December 26th 05, 07:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Pellet stove ( What did Santa bring?)

DrQuilter wrote:
not really
sure what a pellet or a pellet stove is

A pellet stove burns wood pellets manufactured from scrap wood. Many of
them also burn corn. With the low corn prices and the high price of
fuel, a lot of people here in the corn belt of the US are installing
corn burning stoves. The few companies that make them are having trouble
keeping up with the demand. Google pellet stove or corn stove for more info.

Old December 26th 05, 07:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Or what about an ugly swap? was Santa brought uglies

I've got an ugly or two in my stash that would love to find new homes. I'd
be up for a swap!

Pauline