What did Santa bring?

Old December 26th 05, 12:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Santa brought uglies

You ought to announce a challenge: 20 participants could attempt to work a
miracle, and we could find something nice to do with the results!
Roberta in D

"Polly Esther" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
ink.net...
I have 20 one-yard pieces of the ugliest fabric ever printed. I don't even
think Jill Pochik would want them for house-breaking puppies. The word
"gross" is lame to describe this bouquet. Polly

"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote in message
oups.com...
The week before Christmas, we traded in my 2 wheel drive pick-up truck
and treated ourselves to The Beast- a big Dodge 4 door 4 wheel drive
pick-up truck. It's burgundy and has a HUGE hemi-magnum engine...
horrible gas mileage, but man does it growl nicely and it rides like a
dream! (My poor arthritic joints really appreciate that!) And I was
so touched... at 55 y.o. and a couple of marriages behind me My Hunky
Mr. Collins gave me a birthstone (dark blue sapphire) ring and necklace
with (petite) diamonds and matching birthstone post earrings- the FIRST
jewelry I have ever received from a man other than a wedding ring! He
also gave me a box of chocolates, a burgundy colored compact umbrella
to keep in The Beast, a lighted fishing bobber (for night fishing- I
usually have to shine a flashlight out on the lake to see if I'm
getting a nibble!) and a snazzy bookmarker- I tend to use rubber bands
or pieces of paper. vbg DDS#1 gave me a book- Quilter's Computer
Companion. Now I can try to learn to design with my computer rather
than graph paper and colored pencils. DDS#2 and DDIL bought us a laser
level. I see several of us received them- how do they apply to
quilting??? His DD#1 and DSIL gave me a pretty basket filled with
goodies- shower gel, small quilting supplies, some lovely candies and 4
FQs. My parents gave us a set of sheets- yummy 550 thread count, but
they are the size for the guest room bed... I didn't say anything as it
would have upset mom that she bought queen instead of king. Oh well...
the guest room needs sheets, too. ;-) And my dearest Big Sis (you
know her as Pat on her hill) sent us a marvelous "document" with the
Collins coat-of-arms and family history. What an amazing, fascinating
gift!

We had all our children and spouses and the granddarlings that live
around here for dinner yesterday and had a wonderful time. I think
this was my best Christmas ever- and that's not even including the
gifts and truck!

Leslie (so happy!) & The Furbabies in MO.

Old December 26th 05, 12:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default What did Santa bring?

Lisa Caryl wrote:

"KJ" wrote in message
news%Crf.674611$xm3.174045@attbi_s21...

I'm patiently waiting reports on what goodies Santa brought you all.

Santa was not supposed to get me anything this year. Discussed, more than
once! The other evening, I stopped by to see 'Santa' at work. (His day job
is managing an auto repair shop). He took me back far into the shop....."Do
you smell anything burning back here?" Burning?? I went back, further and
further, looking all around, and stopped. There in front of me was a
Damascus Treadle machine! It needs work, but will be a fun project for us
all to work on. That tricky old Santa!

Oh, how sweet of him!

Hm... How does one reciprocate, or find a 'permanent' Easter Egg? An
antique treadle lathe or drill?

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old December 26th 05, 01:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Great idea! I'd be willing to try my hand at that.

Uschi
(with hurting knees after basting my Diamond Star Quilt. It turned out
queensize and I'm glad I decided to use a very thin batting. Otherwise I
would not have been able to lift it.)
http://community.webshots.com/user/quilterin101

Old December 26th 05, 01:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Wow! Looks like everyone had a terrific Christmas!

Well me personally.... my coffee maker died two weeks before Christmas
(this is the second Christmas that this has happened) so I got my BIG
Christmas present early from DH Santa.
A new CuisinArt Coffee on Demand. Don't know if any of you have seen
this one, but it is awesome! I'm one of those people who have to have
coffee waiting in the kitchen when I get up. This one, has NO glass
carafe! Yippeee! It is a totally self contained unit. It has
automatic timer and shut off. I can set it up night before, set my
coffee cup under the "dispenser" and in the morning, walk in, push the
button, and it fills up my coffee cup! How awesome is that!?!?!?

Then there were also the new cutting mats DH got for me two weeks or so
ago, because they were on sale and the big ones are really expensive.

Because I like to cook as much as I like to sew, kitchen gadgets and
appliances are always a BIGgy for me. I got a new garlic press! A
fancy rotary cheese grater! A Creme Brulee set of ramikins and a
burner! Mom got me cookbooks! (Which I collect) but this year she
focused on Italian (her favorite) and gave me two new Italian
cookbooks. We also got an Al Roker cookbook, Hassle Free Holiday
Cooking!

New "Memory Foam" slippers that are like walking on clouds! MIL got me
a beautiful new cashmere muffler/scarf for when I go to MD/D.C. and I
got new leather/wool lined gloves.

A wonderful Lavendar Bath Set from my mother. (I'm looking forward to
that this evening!)
And a gift card for some new clothes shopping for the trip. She also
gave us a HUGE gift card for IKEA for buying new furniture when we move
into the "new" house!

Mom also gave the kids and I three new BIG books that are just chock
full of arts/crafts/paper crafts/scrapbooking, etc.!

My wonderful DH Santa very secretly slipped a VERY nice JoAnn's Gift
Card into my stocking!

But I think my truly most wonderful Christmas gift this year - was
being able to be with my whole family. To have my teenage daughter
still spend the day with me and for her to put the "icing on the cake"
by giving John and I a Christmas card - "To my Mom and Dad". If any of
you are or have been "step parents" you might have an idea of how
special this gift was. She has been through the ringer for the past
five years with John and the "you're not my Dad syndrome" and while
things have gotten better with time, I just really felt like she would
never "acknowledge" how special and important he has been in her life.
This Christmas Day she did, and it was the most wonderful gift she
could have given to John, as well as to me. It actually brought tears
to his eyes (and mine) and it made everything we have been through,
absolutely worth it!

Thank you ALL for sharing your wonderful Christmas joys with me!

Hugs,
Tina

Old December 26th 05, 01:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

oh YUM!!

and he had every reason to look smug hehehehe

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

Old December 26th 05, 02:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I got gift cards galore to places I love (already placed and Barnes and
Noble order online this morning, new bagmaking books for me. plus a couple
of novels) a couple of dvds, and a new Rowenta iron and some quilting stuff
from Mom! Now to decide if I'm going to Joanns today to spend my gift card
there. I have coupons, I'm ready to stretch them until they squeak!

--
Debi

Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?

"KJ" wrote in message
news%Crf.674611$xm3.174045@attbi_s21...
I'm patiently waiting reports on what goodies Santa brought you all.
Santa came early this year and took me to Scotland with all the shopping
exeditions included. Oh, I guess I did get a new set of tires on my van
the other day. Merry Christmas to me! Almost as expensive as my plane
ticket!
Hope you all had a great day. Time to slice the roast and set the table.
KJ

Old December 26th 05, 02:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

It sounds like you had a perfect day Tina! And made a nice haul too! I had
a coffee pot that died two weeks ago too. Must have been something going
around. Does your new pot use the pods or just regular filters? I drink
too much coffee to spend the $$ on the pod type.
Enjoy all your goodies and your family peace!
KJ

oups.com...

Old December 26th 05, 02:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Santa came early for me -- back in November with a new DELL XPS 400. Thank
goodness I now have 2 weeks off to find out what all it will do. The old
computer just croaked. Luckily Santa saw that coming and brought the new
one early. Mom and Santa (and VISA) are to be thanked!

Also a PFAFF performance 2056. The old PFAFF 1475CD will be used to take to
class and quilting bees. And my old PFAFF feet fit the new PFAFF. Like
that quarter-inch foot with the guide!

So what do I play with today -- computer? PFAFF? computer? PFAFF?

I really want to play in the kitchen and make those omelets-in-a-bag. I
think I can scrounge up some ingredients.

And Santa brought me time to visit RCTQ!

--
Kay Ahr
Reno/Sparks, Nevada USA

Old December 26th 05, 03:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

It will use the regular "basket type" filters, but it came with one of
the gold mesh re-usable filters. DH swears this coffee maker was under
$100 (it better be!) It also has a built in water filter, so you don't
HAVE to use bottled/purified water - the machine does that for you!

Hugs and many thanks!
Tina

Old December 26th 05, 03:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Cut each piece in half and put out the challenge to 40 people. g

--
Mary (Idaho to Oregon via Montana)

: