What did Santa bring?

Old December 27th 05, 09:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default What did Santa bring?

You will discover that your built-in filter will need to be cleaned. Last
Christmas we got a Cuisinart with an insulated stainless steel carafe and
bean grinder, just under $100. In November it started brewing only half
pots -- the filter was clogged, even though we also use filtered water in
addition to the unit filter. Makes great coffee though.

Elizabeth in Spring, Texas

Old December 28th 05, 12:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

DH got me a MuVo Nomad for my birthday this year, and almost the first
thing I did was repalce the ear things (a little different than buds)
with regular walkman headphones. While the phones that came with it
were better than the average bud (you could actually hear stuff in
addition to your tunes if you minded your volume), They don't stay in
your ears very well. The walkman phones take a quicker toll on the
battery, but they don't fall off. It is also easy to set them back in
the shell of your ear, so you still hear the music but you can also
easily hear what is going on around you.

NightMist
perfectly happy with 128mg, no frills, and no proprietary format.

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 19:20:37 GMT, "frood"
wrote:

DH bought me noise-cancelling headphones to use with my iPod last year, but
I made him return them. I figured that I ought to be able to hear calls for
help or breaking things while jammin' to my music!

I use the little ear bud things that fit in my ears, but when the kids are
home I usually only put one in my ear so I can hear them better, and so I
don't yell when I'm talking to them. Not that I never yell at them, but
sometimes I really just want to talk!

--
Wendy
un-STUFF email address to reply

"Jan" wrote in message
.125.201...
"nana2b" wrote in
:

After lighting our candles and saying the prayers, DH and I exchanged
gifts. My DH got me a MP3 player. Today I figured out how to load it
and was happily singing along to my favorite music. I got DH lovely
dark green slacks, a casual shirt (like Kramer wears on Seinfeld),
handkerchiefs monogramed by my Bernie and a handy dandy vacuum to keep
his pickup nice and clean. Later in the week we will have a Chanukah
dinner (complete with homemade Latkes) with the kids.

All in all a wonderful day. Linda in Tx

Wonderful!! Now just because inquiring minds want to know... how easy was
the MP3 player to use? And can you hear the other "noises" in the house
or
does it drown out everything else??? :-)

Jan

--
The wolf that understands fire has much to eat.
Old December 28th 05, 12:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT pellet stoves, was What did Santa bring?

Just got my natural gas bill yesterday. For 30 days it was $227. We
were told the prices would sky rocket this winter, but hey, it wasn't
even winter when we used that gas!

SNIGDIBBLY wrote:
My natural gas runs an average of $59/month during the winter months and
less than $15 during the warm months. It's way cheaper than oil, propane or
wood.

Old December 28th 05, 12:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Jessamy wrote:
yeah!! I agree on the Duplo - you can *never* have too much and when the
kids have out grown it up in the attic it goes to wait for the grandkids ..
hehehe

the baby duplo is already stashed along with some other *very* good quality
baby toys

From memory I think you can use normal lego with the duplo.
I've still got my lego, at my parents, but it's still around!

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old December 28th 05, 01:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

claudia wrote:
Santa brought me a Flynn quilt frame!!!

Can't wait to try it out.

Don't think it will work with really thick batting (cloud loft by
Mountain mist), but I will let you know.

Claudia (who is grinning from ear to ear)

DSis is arriving today with her DH, and it looks like my DH will
coming home early from his visit to some friends out west.
We're all having dinner with my parents tomorrow - homemade pizza!

I'm making them wait until tomorrow to open thier presents from
us.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old December 28th 05, 02:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

the baby duplo can be used with normal duplo but it's rather unstable and
causes upsets I do *not* need Lego is far too small to use with duplo with a
2 year old around and personally I would rather have one box to deal with at
a time.

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

Old December 28th 05, 03:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Now, Snig, that really makes me jealous. I don't know when I've gotten a
baby sugar. You blessed rascal. Polly

"SNIGDIBBLY" wrote Santa brought me a new Guardian Angel statue for my
yard, a candle warmer,
and 5 quilt related jigsaw puzzles!! And lots of hugs and kisses from
sweet babies.

Old December 28th 05, 04:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Jessamy wrote:
when the
kids have out grown it up in the attic it goes to wait for the grandkids ..

My grandkid have been enjoying the toys their dad and aunt had. We
recently passed DS's tinkertoys on to DGS, who was very happy with them.
On Christmas, the grandkids seemed as interested in the old Fisher-Price
toys and other old (or should I say Vintage stuff as in their new gifts.

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old December 28th 05, 06:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

thanks for all the info!

IMS wrote:

I forgot to mention, the new boilers are much more fuel efficient than
old ones, so changing will certainly make an improvement.

-Irene

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out for a walk)
Old December 28th 05, 07:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

IMS wrote:
Natural gas has doubled in price from last year in this neck of the
woods. Around here (Central NY) natural gas is the 2nd highest priced
fuel (2nd to propane).

My MIL uses natural gas & just got her first 'real' winter heating bill
and it was $175 for 30 days and she lives in a trailer. That's up 60%
over her bill from a year ago.

-Irene

Apparently it is high here as well - we have a gas stove..I take it they
must not use much gas. I cook at least once a day on the thing and our
gas bill has been about $15.00 a month at the most. Well, we got the gas
fireplace working last month...mind you the thing is more for looks than
anything. After running that thing for about 15-20 days our bill was
almost $200.00. Needless to say we are 1) greatful that our house is
not heated with gas 2) not using the fireplace anymore lol

Roberta (in VA)

SNIGDIBBLY wrote:

My natural gas runs an average of $59/month during the winter months and
less than $15 during the warm months. It's way cheaper than oil, propane or
wood.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
--Mae West