Baby quilt happy dance

Old December 8th 05, 02:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Baby quilt happy dance

Welcome Heidi! Champlain is 20 minutes from Plattsburgh - north close to
the Canadian border. Hum.... maybe you can be my buddy for going to the
guild meeting. They have a guild in Plattsburgh that meets every 2nd Wed of
the month. I've been postponing attending. There is one quilt shop on
Boyton Ave and a Joann's which I'm sure you found given that it's next to
Wal-Mart. Give me a shout, perhaps we can meet for coffee. I've peeked at
your work, sweet! Nice quilts!

Carole
Champlain, NY

"hfw" wrote in message
Carole, where is Champlain? We're in Plattsburgh (just arrived mid July so
don't know the area yet).

--Heidi

http://community.webshots.com/user/rabbit2b

Old December 8th 05, 02:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Ahhhhh! That sweet little red haired boy was cuter than the quilt. Lawdy I
always wanted a red haired grandchild. Faith's mother has hair as red as
your son's but Faith is her father's child and her hair is so dark as to be
almost black.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
"Morag in Oxford" wrote in message
We heard not so long ago that friends of ours who live in Switzerland have
had a baby girl. Of course my first thought was that she absolutely
needed a quilt. Finished it last night and took some pics this morning,
ably assisted by my Quilt Model son Rory, who thinks that it looks good as
a skirt.... Never would normally think of putting pink and green together,
but I think it has worked rather well.

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cra...bum?.dir=/e260

Morag

Old December 8th 05, 02:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Your quilt is adorable. Your son, even more so!!

Patti in Seattle

"forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has
crushed it"
**mark twain**

Old December 8th 05, 03:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

He is a very sweet little boy - usually. His hair is more strawberry-blond
than gingery-red, his Dad is more reddy and I am fair, so we'll see how he
turns out. We have just been making cookies - heart and star shapes for the
Christmas tree so the kitchen looks as if a bomb has hit it.
He is getting quite the little expert on quilting - he says "fabric!" all
excited when I am clearing through my stash and is friends with all the
ladies at the local fabric shop. He particularly likes the sparkly,
glittery buttons and embelishments which aren't the most practical things
for quilting!

Morag

Old December 8th 05, 03:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

That'd be great! I'm planning to go to the guild mtg next week. I love Loose
Threads, small but lots of nice things and nice people. And Joann's,
well...the people are much more friendly than most were in Philadelphia, but
the shop is sort of minimal.

I'm gonna try emailing you...

Old December 9th 05, 02:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

My dh asked me if I wanted to go to Plattsburgh w/ him yesterday. I
had to choose Burlington
for my shopping.--.just knew where the stores were so that made it easier.
What is the name
of the quilt store...just in case he asks me again in the near future to go
to Pburg ?????
Mary

Old December 9th 05, 03:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Very pretty!! Until I saw the 3rd photo, I thought you had embroidered the
flowers.

Mary in OH