Simple Pleasures

Old November 16th 05, 01:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Simple Pleasures

My simple PLeasure for today: Being greeted by a wagging tail and
friendly lick from our new lovey puppy :-)

Old November 16th 05, 01:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Tina wrote:

Ok Pat - I'm stealing your material here. I really needed this the
last couple of days, so I went back to my "Simple Pleasures" file and
reread all the ones from before. They sure do help a lot Pat and I
can't tell you how grateful I was for that thread!

So how bout it anyone? Got any new Simple Pleasures to share?
Holidays are coming, people get busy, lose focus..... time to remember
the really important things in life!

Time for Life's Simple Pleasures!! What has made you happy this week?
(If nothing has, no need to report ... just read a few notes and you
too might realize you do have some little pleasures in your life too!!)
"copyright credit - Pat in Virginia"

Hugs and TIA,
Tina

The smell of a freshly picked English apple...
Being nudged into a cuddle by a cat...
The first nip of frost on an autumn morning...

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old November 16th 05, 01:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Ok, I just got one. Spike comes up to me with a deck of cards, and informs
me she is going to do a magic trick.

"Pick a card, any card," she instructs me. I draw the King of Spades.

"Now what do I do?" she asks in all innocence.... and I roll on the floor
laughing!

--
Wendy
De-STUFF email address to reply

Old November 16th 05, 02:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I am still unpacking and yesterday I found a plaster plaque from avery long
ago Halloween contest. It has a photo of me and 2 other girls in costume.
The plaque is painted red and I guess it was a prize for the prettiest
costume. I was dressed as a flapper with a hat and long beads. What a
sweet little reminder of that long ago time in 1962.

Linda in Tx

Old November 16th 05, 02:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

On 15 Nov 2005 14:40:07 -0800, "Tina" wrote:

Ok Pat - I'm stealing your material here. I really needed this the
last couple of days, so I went back to my "Simple Pleasures" file and
reread all the ones from before. They sure do help a lot Pat and I
can't tell you how grateful I was for that thread!

So how bout it anyone? Got any new Simple Pleasures to share?
Holidays are coming, people get busy, lose focus..... time to remember
the really important things in life!

Time for Life's Simple Pleasures!! What has made you happy this week?
(If nothing has, no need to report ... just read a few notes and you
too might realize you do have some little pleasures in your life too!!)
"copyright credit - Pat in Virginia"

Hugs and TIA,
Tina

Wading through big piles of golden and brown leaves. Going back to do
it again.

Looking up at a bright autumn sky, with pink and orange clouds at
sunset, and thinking what a great quilt it would make.

Winter trees, bathed in sunshine, against a dark winter sky.

Going to the movies with a new friend.

Sharing a "look" with a friend, and bursting into laughter.

Getting a kitty kiss from my cat.

Having my favourite shirt, favourite trousers and favourite socks all
clean on the same day.

The smell of fresh bread, just out of the oven.

-- Jo in Scotland
Old November 16th 05, 03:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

You guys are all so SO awesome, do you realize that? Have I told you
lately how much I love you?!

Thanks for sharing with me, and your friends at RCTQ!

I'm still working on one for today - I guess it would be talking to
Jane, her laughing on the phone and telling me I'm just too good to
her.

Billy telling me he loves me "more than anything, end of sentence, end
of deescussion!"

Velcro, being such a kitty that everything is a toy (including trying
to chase the rotary cutter!) and watching her have a blast with the
empty thread spool I just offered her.

My best Simple Pleasure this week..... my RCTQ friends who just give
and love and support and don't expect or ask for much in return. The
fact that I can just log on, and at any given time there is at least
one, RCTQ angel, waiting to hug me or cheer me up.

And Pat in VA who has such a sweet and wonderful heart that she started
this thread called, "Simple Pleasures"

Hugs,
Tina
P.S. Chipper, you and I need to talk girlfriend. I think we are soul
sisters! I heard every sound you made and they all touched my heart!

Old November 16th 05, 03:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Hearing my DGS's voice on the phone and noticing a change....toward
manhood, the 'honkers' overhead arriving from Canada, visiting a Brownie
Girl Scout troop tonight and picking up three ABC Quilts they completed,
breakfast he makes every morning with my sweetie of 48 years, the full
moon glistening on the Bay, making another sock monkey with a silly
grin, finally finishing my sampler miniature for the guild show.
Nancycog in MD

Old November 16th 05, 03:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I enjoyed being short today. There was a woman at the grocery store
parking lot wearing low-rise jeans. She was much too old and round for the
style. Just as I stepped out of our truck, she slid (ha !) out of her car
and her britches bared her backside.
Being short enough to duck out of sight was a good thing. At least
until I could compose myself. My, what a sight. DH missed the show. I
would not let him go over and ask her to do it again. Polly

Old November 16th 05, 04:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I had the basement window open last night and heard the gently falling rain
hit the fallen leaves. For some reason, it was such a peaceful sound, I
hated to close the window.
Gen

ups.com...

Old November 16th 05, 04:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I have a friend that will see something like your low rise jean
character and say "no mirror' because she is sure they have no
mirror or they would never go out looking like they do!

Gal on news tonight said if it looks like the 'top of a muffin'
sticking out your low rise jeans you need bigger jeans with
a higher rise. Duh.
I was just wondering. We had a thread a bit ago about little
girls wearing clothes that were not appropriate for them. Now we
hear of old women wearing clothes inappropriate for them. Is
anyone left dressing appropriately for their age any more?
Taria