Roll Call!

Old November 15th 05, 02:03 PM
D Curtis

Default Roll Call!

I am Di, AKA Uber Enabler, quilter of many more years than I have
fingers to count, member of RCTQ for 5 or 6 years.
I have been married to current DH since 1999, we have a lovely 4.5 year
old DD, and I have a fabulous DS and DDIL and rather wonderful grandson,
2.5 years old. I live in WI, pegged near Betty in WI.
Di

frood wrote:
Ok, in addition to this new fun frappr toy, we have had quite a few newbies
join us lately. And a few oldies seem to be crawling out of the woodwork.
VBG So... let's all introduce ourselves. If you pinned yourself on Frappr,
let us know so we can see where you are.

Old November 15th 05, 02:25 PM
Betty in Wi

And I'm Betty in WI. Di and I don't really share a house....not even a
town...but we're close. I am happily married since 1959! have 3 children and
2 grands who all live in the same town as I do. I am a professional
volunteer! Food Shelf, Heritage Center, Church Quilting, and my quilt guild.
RCTQ member for 3 or 4 years.

Betty

Old November 15th 05, 02:28 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"frood" wrote:

Ok, in addition to this new fun frappr toy, we have had quite a few newbies
join us lately. And a few oldies seem to be crawling out of the woodwork.
VBG So... let's all introduce ourselves. If you pinned yourself on Frappr,
let us know so we can see where you are.

I'm on Frappr as Sandy in Henderson -- definitely not a newbie; probably
more of an oldbie! g I've been quilting for over 20 years now and
enjoy both hand quilting and machine quilting. I prefer piecing
(appliqué, especially by hand is not really for me) and have recently
expanded from machine piecing to doing some hand piecing on Quilted
Diamonds. I'm currently working on the beginnings of a memory quilt for
the best little QI I've ever had, Tuppence, who went to Rainbow Bridge
on Nov. 6, just over a week ago.

I've been married to DH for almost 34 years now (yikes!), and we have
two grown DDs, who are married and have two very young DSs each. We have
one QI remaining, Dexter, but he excels at testing finished quilts,
rather than supervising the making of them. No one else in my family
quilts, but DH does know how to keep me happy by admiring what I do. G
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old November 15th 05, 02:30 PM
Tutu Haynes-Smart

VBG So... let's all introduce ourselves. If you pinned yourself on
Frappr, let us know so we can see where you are.

Yes Ma'am!
I'm Tutu, long long time lurker from South Africa.
You'll find my pin right at the tippy tip of Africa.
Cheers for now
Tutu
Cape Town, South Africa

Old November 15th 05, 02:33 PM
Debbi

Hi,

I am Debbi in SO CA. I am on the Frappr Map with the picture of my WIP,
a king size quilt for my mother's 80th birthday. Since that picture was
taken on Saturday, I have finished the first border, added the second
and currently stripping together the third border and then I will make 9
patch blocks for the corners. Will not be quilted in time for the
birthday, but the top will be done.

I have been quilting for about 7 years now. I have always hated sewing
so I still don't know how I got the bug to quilt, but I love it.

I have 2 kids-- DD is a sophmore at University of Pittsburgh, DS is a
sophmore in HS-- he is my special needs kid and is not too happy with me
right now since I will not allow him to get his permit or driver's
license before he is 18. I am single-- have been for the last 13.5
years, and I have 1 QI-- Billy is a black mix cocker who loves to sleep
on any quilt that lands on my bed. Although he is my son's 12th birthday
gift, he still thinks he belongs to me.

Debbi in SO CA

Old November 15th 05, 03:00 PM
Bonnie NJ

I'm Bonnie. Married 40 years. One husband, one son, one daughter and one
granddaughter. Quilting on and off
since 1968 - now I'm serious about it and I'm usually found at the quilt
shop or busy stitching.
My pets are canaries (8) and koi (20+) - neither are interested in my
quilting ;-)

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old November 15th 05, 03:03 PM
Elizabeth Young

frood wrote:
So... let's all introduce ourselves. If you pinned yourself on
Frappr, let us know so we can see where you are.

liz young, graduate student, no time for quilting right now (must write
papers!) on the map in northern california as The Weather Chick (see sig)
I live with my long-time boyfriend, his son, a dog, a tank of
black-skirts (fishes), and a bazillion finches at the outdoor feeders
http://fenris.net/~lizyoung/quilting.html

liz young in cloudy california
Old November 15th 05, 03:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I'm Jessamy in the Netherlands on the map and the same here so that makes
things easy. my photo is in the photo list on the second to last page, but
not yet linked to my shout.
I've been around since October 2001 sometimes chatty sometimes not so
chatty.
I have been divorced for 16 months now and have 2 sons : Michael who is 4
and goes to school full time and Alexander who is 2 who goes to preschool
two mornings a week.

I have been quilting for years now and can't even remember when I really
started quilting but I do know that getting online opened my world to what
was possible and brought me out from the scissors and template era to rotary
cutting heaven.

I'm the ex Queen of chocolate Squishies as I can't send out as many chunkies
as I used to.
I design mystery quilts for fun (working on the latest one now) and I design
and make quilts for a distributor which will be published sometime next year
in a magazine. and am slowly getting ready to go global with what I do
in-between all that.

and by virtue of being on the right side of the planet I am awake during USA
night time *and* Australian and new Zealand night time so I am always there
to listen to friends who can't sleep due to worries etc.
--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

Ok, in addition to this new fun frappr toy, we have had quite a few newbies
join us lately. And a few oldies seem to be crawling out of the woodwork.
VBG So... let's all introduce ourselves. If you pinned yourself on Frappr,
let us know so we can see where you are.

--
Wendy
un-STUFF email address to reply

Old November 15th 05, 03:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

D Curtis wrote:
You know Georg, if youre going to take all that time to make a vest for
a block you really oughten not let him fill it full of holes. That is
what the dart board is for. Furthermore, when said vest is full of holes
then it surely wont be as warm.
Diana, hoping G's sweety will at least take the vest off before tossing
darts at it.

Georg wrote:

Immediate to-do list is a vest for my sweetie to shoot darts in for
warmth.

Well, he wanted something without sleeves. He also wants something "not
so girly" so the paperpieced dart target on the back is a big NO! Nor
am I permitted to put JAZZ across the top.

I took a sweatshirt and made a jacket out of it with all of the blocks
from the first block swap that Terbear hosted. I'll get around to
posting pics when I can. But I've been wearing that around the house for
a warm jacket/sweater in the evening, and he asked for something for him.

-georg
Old November 15th 05, 03:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I've been here a long while but rarely post, although I read the posts
pretty regularly. (I had a different e-mail address and lived in
another part of Ga. when I first found this group.) I'm Carole from
Waleska, Ga, and I'm pinned on Frappr with the crib quilt I just
finished. Most of my other quilts and needlecrafts are on my home
page.

Carole - Retired and loving it
Homepage - http://home.alltel.net/caroledoyle/